Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Why'd the entire Fox family get lumped into a singular thread?

I liked Tiffany from the Telltale Batman games. I was looking forward to figure out what her superhero ID was gonna be.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Why'd the entire Fox family get lumped into a singular thread?
    I think it was because both Luke and Tim are superheroes, and John Ridley did express that his next Batman story would focus a good amount on the Fox Family.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I think it was because both Luke and Tim are superheroes, and John Ridley did express that his next Batman story would focus a good amount on the Fox Family.
    Yeah, i think it's good to have a thread for all of them together since it's not like the others get enough attention from DC to warrant seperate threads.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yeah, i think it's good to have a thread for all of them together since it's not like the others get enough attention from DC to warrant seperate threads.
    This was the basic reason, to my understanding, of why the Fox Family has had a joint Appreciation Thread for a few years now.

So some spoilers for today’s appearances of Jace

spoilers:
    Well in Dark Detective Jace did get to run into Bruce...and that’s about it. They talked but I guess they just didn’t have the page space to fight with only one issue left in Dark Detective. At least the meeting was okay, also Jace is noticeably bigger then Bruce not important but that is just an interesting thing to note.

Over in Justice League Jace made friends, after their run in with the Hyperclan white martians they revealed their identities to each other and had a nice dinner. So Jace is now friends with his Justice League team. Oh and apparently Jace hums a theme song as he fights, which I think is a fun idea.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by sifighter; 02-09-2021 at 09:21 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

New John Ridley interview, he talks about how he got the job, that Jace may be here to stay even if Future State doesn't happen, he talks a little about Second Son (don't expect details), and reveals that yes eventually Luke and Jace will faceoff in some capacity.

https://www.denofgeek.com/comics/the...-future-state/
    Words to live by.

Zack Snyder would be proud!

Zack Snyder would be proud!

And James Robinson .

So this was the description I just read as I preordered issue #1 of Second Son

Meet Tim “Jace” Fox, estranged son of billionaire Lucius Fox and man of mystery…what has the eldest son of one Gotham’s premiere families been up to for these ‘missing’ years and how does he find himself getting shot at in the jungles of Vietnam? Learn these answers and many more as the story of the SECOND SON begins!

Now while he has been missing for a while, I am assuming it is not the Vietnam war because the last year that would possibly be in is 1975 and I doubt Jace is in his late 40's.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So this was the description I just read as I preordered issue #1 of Second Son

Meet Tim “Jace” Fox, estranged son of billionaire Lucius Fox and man of mystery…what has the eldest son of one Gotham’s premiere families been up to for these ‘missing’ years and how does he find himself getting shot at in the jungles of Vietnam? Learn these answers and many more as the story of the SECOND SON begins!

Now while he has been missing for a while, I am assuming it is not the Vietnam war because the last year that would possibly be in is 1975 and I doubt Jace is in his late 40's.
    Jace is the best successor to Batman, think about it. All the tragedy, none of the daddy or mommy issues. Ah, I can't wait for some writer to come along, ignore the entire point of the premise, and kill off members of his family!

Seriously, though, thanks for the description. Vietnam, huh...?

Jace is the best successor to Batman, think about it. All the tragedy, none of the daddy or mommy issues. Ah, I can't wait for some writer to come along, ignore the entire point of the premise, and kill off members of his family!

Seriously, though, thanks for the description. Vietnam, huh...?
    Well, he still seems to have family issues, it just doesn't involve any of them being dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, he still seems to have family issues, it just doesn't involve any of them being dead.
    Well, that's just interesting drama. But, seriously, think about it: When's the last time we got a Batman centered around his family being present rather than the absence of family?

Extraordinary Member

Well, that's just interesting drama. But, seriously, think about it: When's the last time we got a Batman centered around his family being present rather than the absence of family?
    Luke with Batwing

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Luke with Batwing
    Personally I think that is a reason why Luke is semi-retired and Jace may go full Batman. Luke has a good family life and would care what his family thinks if he just disappears on them to play Superhero constantly and regrets it when it causes strife as seen in his ongoing. But Jace has no such problem because it is pretty obvious that he has no such relationship with his family considering he has been gone for years and apparently does not speak to them regularly when he is back, noted by how he distances himself in Batman 101.
    Words to live by.