Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Luke with Batwing
    That wasn't Batman. But I also like that Jace's motivation is a contrast with Bruce's. Jace became Batman because he was guilty after being a criminal. It's like if Joe Chill became Batman.

Luke Fox couldn't have done that.

Extraordinary Member

Luke as Batwing will be in April’s next Batman: Second Son issue

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Et-n2MzXIA86Q44.jpg
    This is really hot

Luke could've worked as Batman but he would've been a different kind of Batman to his brother.

Luke would probably be an overly-teched out "fun" Batman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Well, that's just interesting drama. But, seriously, think about it: When's the last time we got a Batman centered around his family being present rather than the absence of family?
    Terry? I mean, his dad's death drove him to be Batman but he still had his mom and little brother (as well as his genetic dad).

Dick's Batman career was centered a lot around the Batfamily.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Luke would probably be an overly-teched out "fun" Batman.

Terry? I mean, his dad's death drove him to be Batman but he still had his mom and little brother (as well as his genetic dad).

Dick's Batman career was centered a lot around the Batfamily.
    Terry's Batman only existed because of the death of his father. The entire impetus for Dick becoming Batman was his adoptive father's death.

Terry's Batman only existed because of the death of his father. The entire impetus for Dick becoming Batman was his adoptive father's death.
    I know, but I don't feel like Terry was centered around that like the other Batmen, but I guess Dick was driven by Bruce being gone as Batman to some extent even though he had a strong family unit to fall back on.l

I know, but I don't feel like Terry was centered around that like the other Batmen, but I guess Dick was driven by Bruce being gone as Batman to some extent even though he had a strong family unit to fall back on.l
    Terry was driven by the death of his father, if he hadn't died he wouldn't be Batman. It resulted in several of Terry's story arcs, most involving Blight.

Jace is actually having his father and mother actively hunt him, at least in Future State.

Terry was driven by the death of his father, if he hadn't died he wouldn't be Batman. It resulted in several of Terry's story arcs, most involving Blight.

Jace is actually having his father and mother actively hunt him, at least in Future State.
    But, again, I just don't his dad's death or that tragedy so defined his Batman because he still had close family to soften the blow, but I might be underselling it.

So, wait, the Foxes are now Jim Gordon hunting down Batgirl for the umpteenth time ?

But, again, I just don't his dad's death or that tragedy so defined his Batman because he still had close family to soften the blow, but I might be underselling it.

So, wait, the Foxes are now Jim Gordon hunting down Batgirl for the umpteenth time ?
    I mean, Bruce had Alfred, doesn't mean the death of his parents didn't define him.

I haven't read any of those stories. Only Jim Gordon book I've read is when he was Batman! I think he's way better than Bruce. Less child endangerment, more big robot.

I mean, Bruce had Alfred, doesn't mean the death of his parents didn't define him.
    I think Alfred is great, but a fair different from a mom or a little brother (and that's deliberate).
    I haven't read any of those stories. Only Jim Gordon book I've read is when he was Batman! I think he's way better than Bruce. Less child endangerment, more big robot.
    I mean, we had B&R Eternal, We Are Robin, Robin War, so there was still plenty of child endangerment during his tenure even if he wasn't actively condoning it .

THE NEXT BATMAN: SECOND SON #2
    written by JOHN RIDLEY
    art by TRAVEL FOREMAN and MARK MORALES
    cover by DOUG BRAITHWAITE
    card stock variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA

ON SALE 5/4/21
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | 2 OF 4 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $5.99 US
    DIGITAL FIRST

From the pages of Future State: The Next Batman and Batman comes the untold story of Lucius Fox's second son!

Tim Fox is struggling to find his place in the family after having been gone so many years...and his younger brother, Luke, won't let him forget it! But Tim's investigation into Arkadine takes a turn as he realizes there's a connection with the shadowy Simon Saint! Meanwhile, Batwing is tearing into the underworld in search of Ratcatcher, looking for answers about his sister Tamara's relapse!
    Batwing is back in action!

btw did anyone read his Future State story? I was enjoying it but their Luke was off and by the second issue he reeeeally felt out of character; which tanked the story for me.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Can't wait for second son to start up, I love that it's weekly. And seeing the book mention simon saint, looks like this books ties heavily into tynion's run!
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 02-13-2021 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

Batwing is back in action!

btw did anyone read his Future State story? I was enjoying it but their Luke was off and by the second issue he reeeeally felt out of character; which tanked the story for me.
    Are the tron lines new? I think that's the same look he was sporting in his last appearance otherwise.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

New Ridley interview, he talks about Didio calling him up to write Batman and what new digital frist series is about: https://www.denofgeek.com/comics/the...-future-state/