Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    They should call themselves The Expendables.
    Trademarked, I think, but that would be a good name for them, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Trademarked, I think, but that would be a good name for them, too.
    Lol, if they're going up against a cosmic-powered Korvac, they will be.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Lol, if they're going up against a cosmic-powered Korvac, they will be.
    Still pulling for them to somehow survive next issue. Will be on the edge of my seat until then.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Just how powerful is his current armor? I know the Silver Centurion armor was supposed to top out at lifting 90 tons and flying at about 500 MPH, and the Neo-Classic armor's repulsors could wipe out a city block on max settings according to West Coast Avengers, but I'm unclear on what his modern armors could do other than a nebulous being 'better' than older armors.

Franklin steals one of Tony's moves.
    https://www.cbr.com/fantastic-four-f...on-man-3-move/
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Issue 5 preview:
    https://aiptcomics.com/2020/12/31/ma...ew-iron-man-5/

Looks promising.
    But, been trying to like the series and so far, 4 issues in, I find the the book just "there".
    Like I can't even say what the story is really about or what the overarching direction is. Makes it difficult to recommend Cantwell's run to people.
    Comparing it to Ellis', Fraction's and Knauf's runs (my personel yardsticks for good Iron Man stories), each of them had, by their 4th issue, established the "bigger picture" storyline.
    Perhaps I've missed something along the way.
    Least the art is nice.
    It's a story about Tony Stark trying to reinvent himself and reclaim his humanity. So he runs up against Korvac, a man who became a god.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Just how powerful is his current armor? I know the Silver Centurion armor was supposed to top out at lifting 90 tons and flying at about 500 MPH, and the Neo-Classic armor's repulsors could wipe out a city block on max settings according to West Coast Avengers, but I'm unclear on what his modern armors could do other than a nebulous being 'better' than older armors.
    The current armor is kind of retro. If it's similar to the Mark V it's about 90 ton and if he exerts all power to strength, he maxes out at 100 tons. Ithink his most powerful repulsors were the pulsating repulsors which I think were used with the centurion armor. Someone correct me on that one.

Anyone know what happened with Tony in Eternals #1? Was he in it a bit?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Tony’s changed origin In Armored Adventures. https://www.cbr.com/ron-man-armored-...-stark-origin/

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Anyone know what happened with Tony in Eternals #1? Was he in it a bit?
    Its a fun cameo. A meet and greet between Tony, ikaris, and Sprite.

Tony's plan blows up on his team.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-korvac-hellcat-defeated/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's a story about Tony Stark trying to reinvent himself and reclaim his humanity. So he runs up against Korvac, a man who became a god.

Double Post

Incredible Member

Thanks.
    Yeah so I see that as more the irony of the story/ the comparison between the hero and villain as against being the story.
    It's possible it's a case of it not really being my "prefered" kind of story.
    Plan to re-read the issues anyway. Will see what comes out of that.

Its a fun cameo. A meet and greet between Tony, ikaris, and Sprite.
    I'm so glad that Gillen didn't try to make Tony out to be a jerk or a-hole. It happens too often when Tony appears in other titles.

I'm so glad that Gillen didn't try to make Tony out to be a jerk or a-hole. It happens too often when Tony appears in other titles.
    Right, Tony gets hate in his own solo runs.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip