Page 68 of 87 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1296

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! I know, right?! Truly a wonderful artist, though.

See lol. I do love his art though. Especially on Moon Knight.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    See lol. I do love his art though. Especially on Moon Knight.
    Indeed. That artwork is truly memorable (Sadly, probably the only thing I can remember from that 2006 series):

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-26-2021 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

T’Challa doesn’t trust Tony and a preview of Death of Doctor Strange: Avengers #1.
    https://screenrant.com/black-panther...marvel-comics/
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

T’Challa doesn’t trust Tony and a preview of Death of Doctor Strange: Avengers #1.
    https://screenrant.com/black-panther...marvel-comics/
    Maybe it’s just me, but I always found the Illuminati to have been a clusterf*ck, given the egos and personalities in that bunch. Hell, it’s remarkable ANY of them trusted each other.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I feel like by that point in their careers Tony would have realized Thor is an actual God.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like by that point in their careers Tony would have realized Thor is an actual God.
    I think Tony knew, he just refused to accept the existence of deities.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Maybe it’s just me, but I always found the Illuminati to have been a clusterf*ck, given the egos and personalities in that bunch. Hell, it’s remarkable ANY of them trusted each other.
    I personally loved the Illuminati. They are my favorite Bendis creation. Trusting each other completely was a little hard, but they make things interesting. Things like World War Hulk spun out of their decisions and actions.

I think Tony knew, he just refused to accept the existence of deities.
    This is what I’m thinking as well.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I personally loved the Illuminati. They are my favorite Bendis creation. Trusting each other completely was a little hard, but they make things interesting. Things like World War Hulk spun out of their decisions and actions.

This is what I’m thinking as well.
    True enough. I would think, though, the real fatal flaw of the Illuminati was that with superheroes being generally distrusted by the public at large, to say nothing of human institutional authorities, you had these characters who perceived themselves or were perceived as leaders in their corners of the superhero community setting up as if they had the right or ability to oversee and decide things for said community --- without consulting them or even making them aware. Yeah, a tribunal within the superhero community that could arbitrate disputes or settle dilemmas before they exploded into outright conflagrations of superpowered violence on the streets a la Civil War would be helpful, but it would be even more helpful if the heroes having their fates effectively decided by the Illuminati felt they'd had any kind of say in those decisions or who was making them in the first place.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Except superheroes do that all the time. They don't consult each other before trying to stop monsters and villains. Spider-Man didn't consult everyone before burying Juggernaut in concrete, he just did it. Captain America didn't consult everyone before chopping Baron Blood's head off, he just did it. The Illuminati story was weird to me because suddenly it was evil for superheroes to do what they've always done.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Except superheroes do that all the time. They don't consult each other before trying to stop monsters and villains. Spider-Man didn't consult everyone before burying Juggernaut in concrete, he just did it. Captain America didn't consult everyone before chopping Baron Blood's head off, he just did it. The Illuminati story was weird to me because suddenly it was evil for superheroes to do what they've always done.
    I think the Illuminati is different than, say, in-the-moment decision making with no one else to bounce off of

Forgive me if this question had already been posed, but how does Tony's current suit match up in terms of sheer power with say, the Silver Centurian armor, the Modular Armor, War Machine, or the Extremis suit?

Forgive me if this question had already been posed, but how does Tony's current suit match up in terms of sheer power with say, the Silver Centurian armor, the Modular Armor, War Machine, or the Extremis suit?
    I think it's more in the Centurian/Modular armor vein strength-wise.

Besides his specialty armors like the Hulkbuster, I think this is Tony’s strongest armor since the Silver Centurion. It punched through an orb that was mixed with a portion of adamantium and vibranium. He cranked up his armors punch by over 500 pounds in one of the last issues.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 10-28-2021 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the Illuminati is different than, say, in-the-moment decision making with no one else to bounce off of
    What Frontier is stating is that the Illuminati were doing it on a much bigger scale. They were not keeping everyone abreast of the situation. Me personally they needed to keep things secret. The more people knew the more ways it could get out and start a worldwide panic. People only focus on the bad things, but they did some good with the group.

This is really cool. Bob Layton recreating Iron Man's Hall of Armors.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/bob-...n-mans-armour/