Page 71 of 87 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1296

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    This is the best that Bendis has ever done Tony. I was reading this like, when is the shoe gonna drop.

I like how Thor stood up for Tony too.
    I felt the exact same way lol. The arc were Tony gets the Gauntlet and the one were he talks Ultron out of destroying the timeline with Kang were fantastic. So when he went on to write Tony I thought he was going to knock it out of the park, but we all know how that turned out I loved when Thor had Tony’s back and was sticking up for him. People might not remember, but they were the first Avengers to reveal each other’s secret identities between the two.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Something I've noticed, under Christopher Cantwell, Tony hasn't been quite the smartass he used to be, but, under other writers, most notably Jason Aaron in Avengers, not much has changed. Is that something noteworthy, or am I making a mountain out of a molehill?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Something I've noticed, under Christopher Cantwell, Tony hasn't been quite the smartass he used to be, but, under other writers, most notably Jason Aaron in Avengers, not much has changed. Is that something noteworthy, or am I making a mountain out of a molehill?
    I think it's something noteworthy. Outside of Tony's own book he's never taken seriously by the writer or the characters. He's often portrayed as disrespected and an annoyance. Other characters take cheapshots at him and Stark tech is a joke at this point.

The way Tony's been treated outside of his own book has become more prominent since the end of Civil War and Secret Invasion.

Archeologist Tony Stark purses the 1,000,000 BC Avengers.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/avengers-...e-multiversal/
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Tony wasn’t really a smartass until the first Iron Man movie so to me he’s being portrayed “correctly” whereas the last decade + he’s been written “wrong”.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Tony wasn’t really a smartass until the first Iron Man movie so to me he’s being portrayed “correctly” whereas the last decade + he’s been written “wrong”.
    He was a smartass just not to the degree Bendis wrote him in New Avengers. Also that was before 2008 and the first Iron Man.

Special Preview of Captain America/Iron Man #2.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/10/22/ca...n-man-2-cover/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I haven't started this series. How is it?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I haven't started this series. How is it?
    It hasn't come out yet- 11/24

The new Hydra Cap...?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It hasn't come out yet- 11/24
    I see. I should've checked that first haha

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The new Hydra Cap...?
    That's pretty much what I was thinking.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

That's pretty much what I was thinking.
    Funky looking shield to be sure.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Funky looking shield to be sure.
    Yeah it is lol. I wonder if he’s going to be a part of the mini series?

Iron Man is still battling his demons.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-new-addiction-battles/