Page 76 of 87 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1296

I think people just gravitate towards a character having an ego and being successful/rich and accentuate that to make them come across as more unlikable than they should be around others, so that it's okay for other characters to disrespect or dislike them even when they're really good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think people just gravitate towards a character having an ego and being successful/rich and accentuate that to make them come across as more unlikable than they should be around others, so that it's okay for other characters to disrespect or dislike them even when they're really good guys.
    Yeah. A lot of writers outside of Cantwell seem to be writing Tony like that for years now.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah but when you've saved the world time and time again, are a philanthropist and have helped other heroes with tech, sometimes it's okay to cut him some slack.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah but when you've saved the world time and time again, are a philanthropist and have helped other heroes with tech, sometimes it's okay to cut him some slack.
    Yeah, some things just don't hold up so well .

9F142095-A2FB-4ECC-9CA9-B24FDE086605.jpgPretty cool look at Tony’s movie armors.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    9F142095-A2FB-4ECC-9CA9-B24FDE086605.jpgPretty cool look at Tony’s movie armors.
    Nice, but what armor are they talking about for 2023? Ist his a reference to Armor Wars on D+?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Funny enough, the debate on Iron Man somewhat reminds me of the debate on Spider-Man in some corners, with regards to how they both get treated by their peers and the general public in-universe. Maybe they'd be able to commiserate somewhat, given how a lot of that treatment is borne out of a sense of mistrust in their motivations or actions, since they both have had a habit of playing things too close to the proverbial vest and unintentionally or unwittingly alienating their allies despite their best intentions.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Funny enough, the debate on Iron Man somewhat reminds me of the debate on Spider-Man in some corners, with regards to how they both get treated by their peers and the general public in-universe. Maybe they'd be able to commiserate somewhat, given how a lot of that treatment is borne out of a sense of mistrust in their motivations or actions, since they both have had a habit of playing things too close to the proverbial vest and unintentionally or unwittingly alienating their allies despite their best intentions.
    Tony’s trust circle is really small and he still hides things from them. Why Tony keeps his cards close to the vest is because he's a paranoid control freak. I'd like for Tony and Peter to get close again like they were before Civil War got going. Tony seems to be getting a better relationship with Murdoch over in Daredevil.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 12-06-2021 at 07:23 AM.

Tony’s trust circle is really small and he still hides things from them. Why Tony keeps his cards close to the vest is because he's a paranoid control freak. I'd like for Tony and Peter to get close again like they were before Civil War got going. Tony seems to be getting a better relationship with Murdoch over in Daredevil.
    Uh-huh. That would be nice. And I am for the most part enjoying how Zdarsky explores Daredevil's relationship(s) with the rest of the superhero community, particularly regarding Iron Man and Spider-Man.

Uh-huh. That would be nice. And I am for the most part enjoying how Zdarsky explores Daredevil's relationship(s) with the rest of the superhero community, particularly regarding Iron Man and Spider-Man.
    What did you think about Tony and Peters friendship both during and after Civil War? Would you like them to repair it or is what’s done is done?

What did you think about Tony and Peters friendship both during and after Civil War? Would you like them to repair it or is what’s done is done?
    I thought it was interesting to see Tony wanting to help Peter nurture his scientific talents and live up to his full potential both in and out of the mask of Spider-Man. Didn't like the parts in Civil War where it came off more like Tony was manipulating Peter into taking his side against his own inclinations and ethics, although given the lines Tony ended up crossing there, it was kind of a fait accompli that their friendship, such as it was, would fall apart and end with them literally coming to blows, which was about as heartbreaking as between Tony and Steve near the end of the Civil War storyline itself. As for how things have been since Civil War ended and One More Day came about, they work out for now as allies on good speaking terms with each other, though it would be nice to see them patch things up more. Then again, with the personal consequences of Civil War hitting Peter especially hard, I wouldn't find it too difficult to understand if he'd rather keep his distance at this point.

9C5C7451-0460-488B-B48D-8C61C17452CD.jpgThis is a new figurine i just bought for my Iron Man collection. It looked great on the eaglemoss site I ordered it from, but it didn’t do it any justice. It’s a very cool piece and I’m stoked I bought it.

I thought it was interesting to see Tony wanting to help Peter nurture his scientific talents and live up to his full potential both in and out of the mask of Spider-Man. Didn't like the parts in Civil War where it came off more like Tony was manipulating Peter into taking his side against his own inclinations and ethics, although given the lines Tony ended up crossing there, it was kind of a fait accompli that their friendship, such as it was, would fall apart and end with them literally coming to blows, which was about as heartbreaking as between Tony and Steve near the end of the Civil War storyline itself. As for how things have been since Civil War ended and One More Day came about, they work out for now as allies on good speaking terms with each other, though it would be nice to see them patch things up more. Then again, with the personal consequences of Civil War hitting Peter especially hard, I wouldn't find it too difficult to understand if he'd rather keep his distance at this point.
    Tony Stark was repulsive villain in Civil War I. They were supposed to show a balanced conflict, with no side being fully in the right, but Tony's actions were full-on evil.

He gave Spider-man a new suit, and it was bugged so Tony could learn his secrets and how to counter his powers. He slept with She-Hulk after throwing her cousin Bruce to space (without telling her, of course), and he injected her with nanomachines that would depower her if she ever turned against him...

It's a miracle he can stay in the same room as any other hero without getting beaten to a pulp... but then again, Marvel heroes are all insane...

Honestly, taking into account what he has done, it is a miracle they allow him to be in the same team...

On the other hand, Carol Denvers has done worse (she helped Tony do everything he did during Civil War I, plus she killed Tony during Civil War II, condoned the murder of Bruce Banner and tried to provoke Amadeus Cho to lose control so she could kill him too...) and she is treated with respect...
    Last edited by Habis; 12-09-2021 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Tony Stark was repulsive villain in Civil War I. They were supposed to show a balanced conflict, with no side being fully in the right, but Tony's actions were full-on evil.

He gave Spider-man a new suit, and it was bugged so Tony could learn his secrets and how to counter his powers. He slept with She-Hulk after throwing her cousin Bruce to space (without telling her, of course), and he injected her with nanomachines that would depower her if she ever turned against him...

It's a miracle he can stay in the same room as any other hero without getting beaten to a pulp...
    but then again, Marvel heroes are all insane...

Honestly, taking into account what he has done, it is a miracle they allow him to be in the same team...

On the other hand, Carol Denvers has done worse (she helped Tony did everything he did during Civil War I, plus she killed Tony during Civil War II, condoned the murder of Bruce Banner and tried to provoke Amadeus Cho to lose control so she could kill him too...) and she is treated with respect...
    If Tony were a mutant he'd be welcome with open arms on Krakoa, lol.

Technically Tony's current brain doesn't remember doing anything he did during Civil War, he only read about it and knows about it secondhand, although he's said he'd still probably do the same thing.