Page 10 of 87 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    These type articles irk me to no end. They keep saying Tony betrays Thor's trust. The only time I would agree is the Clor scenario and Tony wasn't alone in that. They keep forgetting to mention Reed.

They never talk about how Tony has risked his own life for Thor. Tony took a shot from Ultron that was meant for Thor. How many people remember that?

Back then, I was all like "remember when everybody was friends" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Back then, I was all like "remember when everybody was friends" ?
    Yeah, seems like forever ago.

Iron Man's original trailer would have spoiled much of the movie.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-trailer...er-tony-stark/
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Adrienne Frost should be a Justin Hammer/Obadiah Stane type of antagonist. She could be the perfect foil for both Tony and Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Iron Man #6 sets stage for War Machines return.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/iron-man-...chines-return/
    Cafu’s art!! I thought his Valkyrie was beautiful, omg.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I know! Me and my cousin talk about after every issue that comes out. It’s like he gets more amazing by the issue.

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-failed-iron-man-ptsd/

Hmmm...I never thought about Tony having PTSD but looking back at all he's been through since the first Iron Man movie, I guess he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Hmmm...I never thought about Tony having PTSD but looking back at all he's been through since the first Iron Man movie, I guess he did.
    *does spit-take* Seriously?? I thought it was always super obvious, as did every other Iron Man fan I talked to.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Adrienne Frost should be a Justin Hammer/Obadiah Stane type of antagonist. She could be the perfect foil for both Tony and Emma.

I think she would be too. Some of Tony's best villains are women - Madam Masque and Sunset Baines and Rumiko's betrayal nearly shattered him.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    *does spit-take* Seriously?? I thought it was always super obvious, as did every other Iron Man fan I talked to.
    Okay then.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Okay then.
    In retrospect, every version of Iron Man that starts as Tony Stark has PTSD baked into the proverbial cake from his very origin story, which would be a traumatic experience for anybody to live through. Then on top of everything that's happened to him since, and his attempts to redeem himself for his past indifference to the human suffering his inventions and company had caused, his mental and emotional state would be severely questionable after a certain point, and the Avengers in both the comics and the movies not really seeming to give a damn about his myriad traumas would be an exacerbating factor as well.

Hell, I would say that Iron Man bears a lot of similarity to Spider-Man insofar as both of them being traumatized by a deep-seated sense of guilt bordering on or verging into self-loathing for which they've attempted to (over)compensate, albeit in somewhat different ways, and in that light, Tony trying to be a mentor/paternal figure to Peter (both in the comics and the movies) makes more sense. Probably could have been better executed in both versions, at least without making Tony out to be an outright bad guy in the comics and Peter emotionally overdependent on Tony in the movies, but not so bad an idea, looking back on it now.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    In retrospect, every version of Iron Man that starts as Tony Stark has PTSD baked into the proverbial cake from his very origin story, which would be a traumatic experience for anybody to live through. Then on top of everything that's happened to him since, and his attempts to redeem himself for his past indifference to the human suffering his inventions and company had caused, his mental and emotional state would be severely questionable after a certain point, and the Avengers in both the comics and the movies not really seeming to give a damn about his myriad traumas would be an exacerbating factor as well.

Hell, I would say that Iron Man bears a lot of similarity to Spider-Man insofar as both of them being traumatized by a deep-seated sense of guilt bordering on or verging into self-loathing for which they've attempted to (over)compensate, albeit in somewhat different ways, and in that light, Tony trying to be a mentor/paternal figure to Peter (both in the comics and the movies) makes more sense. Probably could have been better executed in both versions, at least without making Tony out to be an outright bad guy in the comics and Peter emotionally overdependent on Tony in the movies, but not so bad an idea, looking back on it now.
    I think he may have had some issues but I don't the PTSD came into focus after Infinity War.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I think he may have had some issues but I don't the PTSD came into focus after Infinity War.
    Fair enough.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

The 3rd IRON MAN movie had Tony's PTSD as a plot point, with him having panic attacks, etc, after his experiences in the first AVENGERS movie.