Page 22 of 87 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like that Extremis was treated as an actual upgrade for Tony, basically making him a technopath.
    It was an upgrade, and IMO, one he certainly didn't need.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It was an upgrade, and IMO, one he certainly didn't need.
    Well, by that point I felt like he could've used a bit of one with the escalating threats, although it didn't help against Gene that much.

My brother bought this for me last weekend for my collection. It’s a really cool figure of Tony when he was an AI. 9B2D5CA5-F2A4-4EFD-810F-3598A79DC206.jpg
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-04-2021 at 03:02 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    My brother bought this for me last weekend for my collection. It’s a really cool figure of Tony when he was an AI. 9B2D5CA5-F2A4-4EFD-810F-3598A79DC206.jpg
    Yeah, I remember him as an A.I. piloting his old Iron Man armor from Secret Empire. Fun times. (Well, not really.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, I remember him as an A.I. piloting his old Iron Man armor from Secret Empire. Fun times. (Well, not really.)
    Yeah. I didn’t like that they put Tony on the shelf in CWII, but this was a neat way of kind of keeping him around. I liked AI Tony.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I didn't really like Bendis' direction but I didn't mind AI Tony.

I didn't really like Bendis' direction but I didn't mind AI Tony.
    I really like how they used AI Tony in Secret Empire. He was even leading one of the groups against Stevil.

I really like how they used AI Tony in Secret Empire. He was even leading one of the groups against Stevil.
    It was kind of funny how they found a workaround to needing Iron Man to be in a story and only technically having Iron Man available .

It was kind of funny how they found a workaround to needing Iron Man to be in a story and only technically having Iron Man available .
    Pretty much. I liked when him and Black Widow argued over killing Stevil. Even though Steve went bad Tony still refused to kill him. AI Tony still had Tony’s moral code.

Nice one bro.

Even funnier they didn't make him douchy.

Mighty Member

Does the current run address Tony being an alcoholic? I always find this character trait of Tony interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Does the current run address Tony being an alcoholic? I always find this character trait of Tony interesting.
    It talks about him being an addict. He had to take quite a few pain meds for injuries and he stated how he knew it was dangerous for a guy like him to be doing this. It might come back and bite him in the ass down the line.

Mighty Member

One thing I've been curious about with Tony is...why is he such a lothario? Early stories show that he was in love with Pepper and eventually hooked up with her then ended it because she was married to Happy Hogan. Then he just jumps from woman to woman. Pepper funnily enough sticks around and is fiercely loyal to Tony, even if it costs her marriage to Happy. And yet, Tony and she do not get together, even though by all appearances it seems she sticks around because she secretly loves Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    One thing I've been curious about with Tony is...why is he such a lothario? Early stories show that he was in love with Pepper and eventually hooked up with her then ended it because she was married to Happy Hogan. Then he just jumps from woman to woman. Pepper funnily enough sticks around and is fiercely loyal to Tony, even if it costs her marriage to Happy. And yet, Tony and she do not get together, even though by all appearances it seems she sticks around because she secretly loves Tony.
    Well, when Tony is serious about someone, he's serious, but he also enjoys having company...