Page 73 of 87 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1296

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    This article is straight bullshit to the highest degree.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-phoenix...erful-failure/
    The job of the Phoenix Killer was to disperse the energies of the Phoenix which it did. So how is that a failure?

These articles are just nut-grabbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The job of the Phoenix Killer was to disperse the energies of the Phoenix which it did. So how is that a failure?

You ain’t lying brother. Some of these guys must just skip around doing any research.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Couldn't have said it any better!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Who's read today's Iron Man yet?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Haven’t gotten my copy. Give us some spoilers if you can.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

spoilers:
    While ascending to cosmic-powered quasi-godhood, Tony confronts himself and his past, coming to a few uncomfortable realizations in the process, but by the end, he manages to become a Cosmic Iron Man. Alas, Korvac has also become a Power Cosmic-infused quasi-deity, so he and Tony are set to throw down next issue.
    end of spoilers

Despite no Scarlet Spider, I really enjoyed the issue.

Cantwell writes a compelling Tony Stark.

-Pav, who is as wary of Cosmic Iron Man as Cosmic Korvac at this point...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

spoilers:
    While ascending to cosmic-powered quasi-godhood, Tony confronts himself and his past, coming to a few uncomfortable realizations in the process, but by the end, he manages to become a Cosmic Iron Man. Alas, Korvac has also become a Power Cosmic-infused quasi-deity, so he and Tony are set to throw down next issue.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks as always my friend. I can't wait to get my copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

If I'm not mistaken, Scarlet Spider had a one-panel cameo with the rest of the ad hoc team Iron Man assembled to deal with Korvac, when Iron Man was thinking about the possible outcomes for and reactions to his newfound power.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Thanks as always my friend. I can't wait to get my copy.
    You're very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

You’re right Pav. Cantwell writes an incredibly compelling Tony Stark. From the very first issue he just had a feel for the character.

Extraordinary Member

"Although the Phoenix Five were eventually overthrown, the devastation caused during their rule is a testament to the failure of Stark's armor."

How high does one have to be to think this.

Hope couldn't contain it at that point, she was asking Logan to kill her and she hasn't even bonded fully w/ it.She needed Iron Fist's and Spider-man's training on top of Wanda's chaos powers to be strong enough to let it go.

People blame Avengers for interfering w/ the Phoenix but they only did so because X-men for the first time weren't trying to save the planet but harness it.And Logan told them Scott wouldn't stop.

The "Avengers are cops" and "Avengers are mutant haters" and "Tony's responsible for Phoenix 5" is so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    "Although the Phoenix Five were eventually overthrown, the devastation caused during their rule is a testament to the failure of Stark's armor."

How high does one have to be to think this.

Hope couldn't contain it at that point, she was asking Logan to kill her and she hasn't even bonded fully w/ it.She needed Iron Fist's and Spider-man's training on top of Wanda's chaos powers to be strong enough to let it go.

People blame Avengers for interfering w/ the Phoenix but they only did so because X-men for the first time weren't trying to save the planet but harness it.And Logan told them Scott wouldn't stop.

The "Avengers are cops" and "Avengers are mutant haters" and "Tony's responsible for Phoenix 5" is so dumb.
    Exactly!! All it would have taken was a little bit of research to see how off center this article would be.

I don't know if this was mentioned, but there's a Stark-Fujikawa poster in the Hit-Monkey cartoon on Hulu.

Read it today. It was a pretty good issue.

spoilers:
    I still have problems with portraying Howard and Maria as neglectful parents as I think that's been beaten to death. Tony may have clashed with Howard at times but he had a close relationship with Maria. They both loved Tony so this is my pet peeve.

As far as Tony becoming a god, I think Cantwell nailed it perfectly. Tony thinks that he can fix every mistake and make the world better. And naturally he assumes some would question him and even try to stop him. He thinks that they don't understand so he'll have to convince them one way or another. As in most cases, having absolute power will corrupt you in the end. I hope Tony doesn't fall into that trap.
    end of spoilers

Read it today. It was a pretty good issue.

spoilers:
    I still have problems with portraying Howard and Maria as neglectful parents as I think that's been beaten to death. Tony may have clashed with Howard at times but he had a close relationship with Maria. They both loved Tony so this is my pet peeve.

As far as Tony becoming a god, I think Cantwell nailed it perfectly. Tony thinks that he can fix every mistake and make the world better. And naturally he assumes some would question him and even try to stop him. He thinks that they don't understand so he'll have to convince them one way or another. As in most cases, having absolute power will corrupt you in the end. I hope Tony doesn't fall into that trap.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    At least it's focusing on Howard and Maria and not you-know-who.
    end of spoilers