Page 28 of 87 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The annual was a good read and the art was good as well. I haven't seen Tony use this much tech and gadgets in some time.

He also showed that he can be a good strategist and be a few moves ahead of an opponent. I think Tony's genius and tech gets downplayed too much outside of his own title so it's good to see it being reinforced here. I think Quantam and the Assessor should make future appearances or even become a regular rogue.
    That would be cool, and if you wanna see more of Quantum and the Assessor, you can read their debut arc in Miles Morales: Spider-Man #7-10, which Miles recounted to Tony before Tony went hunting for the Assessor. I'd also mention that's not the only appearance they make in that book, as the Assessor's plotting continues to be a factor in Miles's life, leading to the creation of "Asset 42," a disposable clone of Miles in issues 18-19, and even culminating in his current Clone Saga arc.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 06-06-2021 at 02:59 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be cool, and if you wanna see more of Quantum and the Assessor, you can read their debut arc in Miles Morales: Spider-Man #7-10, which Miles recounted to Tony before Tony went hunting for the Assessor. I'd also mention that's not the only appearance they make in that book, as the Assessor's plotting continues to be a factor in Miles's life, leading to the creation of "Asset 42," a disposable clone of Miles in issues 18-19, and even culminating in his current Clone Saga arc.
    Yeah, I've been reading Miles current run since the first issue so that was my intro into The Assessor and Quantum.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Re-reading Operation: Galactic Storm to do a classic arc review, and man, why Len Kaminsky’s run doesn’t get more love is beyond me.

Yeah, I've been reading Miles current run since the first issue so that was my intro into The Assessor and Quantum.
    Ah, cool. In that case, I'd love Tony and Miles to team up against the Assessor and Quantum.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Re-reading Operation: Galactic Storm to do a classic arc review, and man, why Len Kaminsky’s run doesn’t get more love is beyond me.
    That's a very good question.

I know, right?! Aside from his contributions for Operation: Galactic Storm, Len Kaminski is also the co-creator of...

War Machine
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Iron_Man_Armor_Model_11
    Last edited by K7P5V; 06-06-2021 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

The annual was a good read and the art was good as well. I haven't seen Tony use this much tech and gadgets in some time.

He also showed that he can be a good strategist and be a few moves ahead of an opponent. I think Tony's genius and tech gets downplayed too much outside of his own title so it's good to see it being reinforced here. I think Quantam and the Assessor should make future appearances or even become a regular rogue.
    I agree with you on many points. It was a pretty good annual and I loved how they showed how Tony was 10 steps a head of quantum and the assessor. Tony has always been a brilliant strategist and tactician. Cap even told him that. We also got to see more of what Tony’s new armor is capable of. Each move the bad guys had Tony had a counter for it. I’m glad they show Tony keeping in touch with Miles. He really likes Miles and wants to do the best for him and his family. Ever since they were on the Avengers he looks out for Ms. Marvel, Miles and Sam. Can’t wait for the Avengers annual for Tony and Cap to have an opportunity to deal with more of these new characters that are getting a hold of these Infinity Stones.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Preach it! I’ve been saying the same thing for years. As a matter of fact I just reread it a few weeks ago and still holds up splendidly. The only reason it didn’t last longer is because he didn’t want anything to do with the crossing.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Preach it! I’ve been saying the same thing for years. As a matter of fact I just reread it a few weeks ago and still holds up splendidly. The only reason it didn’t last longer is because he didn’t want anything to do with the crossing.
    That was a travesty! I kinda liked the Crossing, and still do in certain parts (cyberpunk Jan is still fucking awesome), but what they did to Tony was heinous. I really hate Kavanaugh, and how much he fucked up the Avengers line.

That was a travesty! I kinda liked the Crossing, and still do in certain parts (cyberpunk Jan is still fucking awesome), but what they did to Tony was heinous. I really hate Kavanaugh, and how much he fucked up the Avengers line.
    Yeah. It was just about character assassination they were commiting on Tony with the crossing. The only thing I liked about it was his armor.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-07-2021 at 03:01 PM.

A review of Iron Man Annual #1 from Bleeding Cool.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/iron...great-showing/

The Spider-Man fans/readers who had to live through his parts of the seemingly interminable Clone Saga in that same period would definitely concur, though I can admit Peter got off easier than Tony did, at least by degree.

One of my favorite arcs ever. I’ve re read this multiple times. I got every issue and both trades. This sits in my most prized collection section. The stuff I re read over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    One of my favorite arcs ever. I’ve re read this multiple times. I got every issue and both trades. This sits in my most prized collection section. The stuff I re read over and over again.
    Same here! If you're looking. Epic Collections came out with Operation: Galactic Storm in one complete trade. I remember how massive it was when it was coming out. I mean 19 parts!!! Just great stuff.

Who read the latest Iron Man? It was mostly a Korvac POV/recollection, but Tony's presence could definitely be felt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Who read the latest Iron Man? It was mostly a Korvac POV/recollection, but Tony's presence could definitely be felt.
    I keep reading complaints about the lack of Iron Man in his own book.