Page 14 of 87 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I hope Cantwell brings back the Mandroids. It’s been a long time since we’ve seen them.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Enjoyed #6. Tony is getting his backbone back minus the broken neck. He’s not taking anymore crap. Loving his team of misfits. Especially Frog-Man. Can’t help liking the guy. Hope these guys stick around. Haven’t enjoyed an Iron Man book in a long long long time.
    I know. I loved when Tony told himself to hell with other peoples judgements of him. He knows he's Iron Man and that at the end of the day is what matters. Faith in himself.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Iron Man 3 has gotten better with age. https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-3-better-with-age/
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I know. I loved when Tony told himself to hell with other peoples judgements of him. He knows he's Iron Man and that at the end of the day is what matters. Faith in himself.
    That's the Tony we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That's the Tony we know.
    Yep! I knew he would be back soon, but it was interesting to see Tony question hisself and his place in the scheme of things.

Iron Man 3 has gotten better with age. https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-3-better-with-age/
    Was it really that bad of a film? I remember enjoying it back when it came out.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Was it really that bad of a film? I remember enjoying it back when it came out.
    I liked it okay, but the villain motivation was underwhelming, and I think we saw too little of the suit in action.

Plus, the internal logic was dodgy. Tony had no home defenses whatsoever?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I liked it okay, but the villain motivation was underwhelming, and I think we saw too little of the suit in action.

Plus, the internal logic was dodgy. Tony had no home defenses whatsoever?
    Yeah I agree about those. It's still a fun ride and I prefer it to 2.

Ultimate Member

I think the biggest problem with it was that it was created in an era when the writers pulled famous arcs without breaking them down enough to make them 'fit' or work.

I think Ellis' Extremis arc lasted way too long and didn't much compliment his character. So a movie adapting that struggled as well.

I was disappointed Tony never actually used Extremis on himself to make the ultimate Iron Man, but I guess that wouldn't have made sense with how it works in the movie.

Also all the disposable armors and Tony needing to be saved by Pepper (in the final movie of his own trilogy) just rankled me.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was disappointed Tony never actually used Extremis on himself to make the ultimate Iron Man, but I guess that wouldn't have made sense with how it works in the movie.

Also all the disposable armors and Tony needing to be saved by Pepper (in the final movie of his own trilogy) just rankled me.
    According to a deleted scene or something like that, Tony used Extremis to keep himself alive long enough to get the shrapnel out of his chest that the arc reactor was preventing from reaching his heart.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

How Iron Man tried to redeem himself after Civil War.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-stark-r...nt-redemption/

How Iron Man tried to redeem himself after Civil War.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-stark-r...nt-redemption/
    Thanks for sharing this. As much as I'd personally like to forget Civil War and the damage it caused, sadly, One More Day still permeates everything in the Spider-Mythos and since that was precipitated by events in Civil War related to Spidey's brief partnership with Iron Man . . . yeah, I'm still a tad bitter. For what it's worth, I did like the movie and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 adaptations of Civil War better, since they didn't make Tony out to be a total villain and MUA2 even allowed for some reconciliation between him and Steve/Captain America, regardless of whether the player chose pro-registration or anti-registration.

For better or worse, yeah.