Page 16 of 87 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Yes it was. I love when Tony takes on projects like that. In Fractions run he was rebuilding Asgard and using that to help he people of Oklahoma get work.
    After the Siege that ended Norman Osborn's Dark Reign? I think that was it, but I could be wrong.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    After the Siege that ended Norman Osborn's Dark Reign? I think that was it, but I could be wrong.
    I think you would be right .

He and Odin had a...testy relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think you would be right .

He and Odin had a...testy relationship.
    Considering that time Tony gave up his sobriety in Fear Itself to prove he was serious about asking for Odin's help against Cul/the Serpent and his forces . . .

Considering that time Tony gave up his sobriety in Fear Itself to prove he was serious about asking for Odin's help against Cul/the Serpent and his forces . . .
    Truly memorable (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Truly memorable (IMHO):

Indeed, that was a memorable moment.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Truly memorable (IMHO):

It was a difficult time...

Fantastic Member

Is Superior Iron Man worth a read?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    Is Superior Iron Man worth a read?
    Yes. Very much so. You get to see Tony’s path if he didn’t have a conscience. What he could become without Yinsen. I wished it lasted longer than 9 issues, but those 9 issues are really good.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

That was a very powerful moment for me and one of the many reasons I have a very strong dislike for Odin.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Tony was right about the Accords. https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-tony...kovia-accords/

Yes. Very much so. You get to see Tony’s path if he didn’t have a conscience. What he could become without Yinsen. I wished it lasted longer than 9 issues, but those 9 issues are really good.
    Cosigned. And that Endo-Sym Armor was pretty sweet. Still wish it hadn't been cut off by Secret Wars and then completely dropped and never again referenced afterwards. Tony having to rebuild trust with the public and his fellow heroes after the ordeal of having his moral compass inverted could have been a compelling arc, in my opinion.

That was a very powerful moment for me and one of the many reasons I have a very strong dislike for Odin.
    Yeah, Odin's a jerk, to say the least.

Sadly, yes. What stopped me from fully supporting the Accords was having the likes of General-turned-Secretary of State Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross pushing for them even after the events of The Incredible Hulk should have morally disqualified him from having any say about how reckless and uncontrolled the Avengers were, given the ruthlessness and recklessness he displayed in trying to catch Bruce Banner/control the Hulk. Even accounting for Tony's guilt over Ultron and the death and destruction resulting there, getting in bed --- metaphorically speaking --- with someone like Ross who was more concerned with controlling superhumans and covering that up with the thin veil of "public safety and national security" cast a dark shadow over the Accords. That said, now that WandaVision is finished and Wanda may or may not become a (or the) villain in Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness, it's harder to argue Tony didn't have a point about keeping her restricted.

Tony was right about a lot of things in the MCU as opposed to how he's handled in the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Tony was right about a lot of things in the MCU as opposed to how he's handled in the MU.
    The great thing about the MCU, at least in Tony's case, was that it was willing to let Tony have legitimate points without twisting him into an outright villain just because he was in opposition to Captain America.

The great thing about the MCU, at least in Tony's case, was that it was willing to let Tony have legitimate points without twisting him into an outright villain just because he was in opposition to Captain America.
    Totally agree. They actually did a good job with presenting the views of each side. I think we'll see the best and worst case scenarios of the Sokovian Accords in Falcon and Winter Soldier and Armor Wars on D+.