Page 21 of 87 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Caught up with the current run and all issues...huge meh.
    The whole "back to basics" does not work for Iron Man.
    He has much better armor and he keeps going back to the same one in this run wtf?

Iron Man: How Mandarins 10 rings forged a new hero.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-ten-rings-red-peril/
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 04-28-2021 at 04:11 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Ion Man: How Mandarins 10 rings forged a new hero.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-ten-rings-red-peril/
    I always think it's pretty cool how Tony fights a guy with 10-different powers .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I always think it's pretty cool how Tony fights a guy with 10-different powers .
    I know, right?! Mandarin from Armored Adventures was AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

And near invincible by the end of the show .

This was a really amazing cartoon. I loved the way they adapted the comic book stories into the series. It really was a shamed it got canceled so soon.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

This was a really amazing cartoon. I loved the way they adapted the comic book stories into the series. It really was a shamed it got canceled so soon.
    Agreed. Surprisingly, this series made me enjoy Teen Tony

LOL! yeah. This was the first time I was enamored with teen Tony as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Caught up with the current run and all issues...huge meh.
    The whole "back to basics" does not work for Iron Man.
    He has much better armor and he keeps going back to the same one in this run wtf?
    Hard disagree, this is the most interesting a run has been in ages. Love how it's getting into Tony's psyche.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Concurring with all the Armored Adventures love here. My one disappointment is that it ended before we got to see the founding of the Avengers in this continuity, much less --- on a personal level --- that there wasn't a Spider-Man team-up, given that Spidey started the archetype of the "independent high school-aged superhero," which this version of Tony somewhat deconstructed. That said, what we got was quite good already, especially in how it revamped Iron Man's rogues gallery; I just wish we could have gotten more.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 04-29-2021 at 03:26 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It would've been cool if Earth's Mightiest Heroes referenced Armored Adventures. Like having Adult Tony reference reference that show would've been interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Hard disagree, this is the most interesting a run has been in ages. Love how it's getting into Tony's psyche.
    I know! Same here. Love to see him getting into Tony’s psyche and don’t even get me started on CAFU’s art!!!! Just spectacular!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Concurring with all the Armored Adventures love here. My one disappointment is that it ended before we got to see the founding of the Avengers in this continuity, much less --- on a personal level --- that there wasn't a Spider-Man team-up, given that Spidey started the archetype of the "independent high school-aged superhero," which this version of Tony somewhat deconstructed. That said, what we got was quite good already, especially in how it revamped Iron Man's rogues gallery; I just wish we could have gotten more.
    You right. Armored Adventures really did a hell of a job with Tony’s rogues gallery. Also again the storylines they adapted from the books like Extremis were incredibly well done.

You right. Armored Adventures really did a hell of a job with Tony’s rogues gallery. Also again the storylines they adapted from the books like Extremis were incredibly well done.
    I like that Extremis was treated as an actual upgrade for Tony, basically making him a technopath.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Oh, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like that Extremis was treated as an actual upgrade for Tony, basically making him a technopath.
    And with super-soldier-level strength even without the Iron Man armor.
    The spider is always on the hunt.