Page 33 of 87 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I didn't know about this. Could you tell me about what issue this is?
    Eternals (2006-2007) #7 - https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Eternals_Vol_3_7

Interesting reading experience. Tony appears throughout, so I recommend reading the whole series.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 06-25-2021 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Eternals (2006-2007) #7 - https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Eternals_Vol_3_7

Interesting reading experience. Tony appears throughout, so I recommend reading the whole series.
    Many thanks for your help. I’ll definitely track it down.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cantwell needs to get his skates on and finish the current Korvac story, because Ben Reilly is becoming Spider-Man again in October and certainly can't still be in space by then!
    Marvel time isn't that exact. For all we know those stories happened before his appearances in this book.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Marvel time isn't that exact. For all we know those stories happened before his appearances in this book.
    Marvel time isn't exactly, especially with Iron Man right now. His current book has Moondragron helping Hellcat out which was referenced in this week's issue of GotG as happening at the same time. And that issue of GotG is also taking place at the same time as the Hellfire Gala, which Iron Man is attending, as seen in the X-Men issue that started the Gala. How can he be missing in space and attending a fancy ball at the same time? Admittedly, he refused to get out of his armor in the X-Men issue, so it should be said that it wasn't actually him... but he sure acted like Tony.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Marvel time isn't exactly, especially with Iron Man right now. His current book has Moondragron helping Hellcat out which was referenced in this week's issue of GotG as happening at the same time. And that issue of GotG is also taking place at the same time as the Hellfire Gala, which Iron Man is attending, as seen in the X-Men issue that started the Gala. How can he be missing in space and attending a fancy ball at the same time? Admittedly, he refused to get out of his armor in the X-Men issue, so it should be said that it wasn't actually him... but he sure acted like Tony.
    Technically, Tony has long since mastered telepresence with his armors, so he can operate them remotely and communicate through them as well. Wouldn't surprise me if that was what he did in Planet-Sized X-Men.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Technically, Tony has long since mastered telepresence with his armors, so he can operate them remotely and communicate through them as well. Wouldn't surprise me if that was what he did in Planet-Sized X-Men.
    That's true, but he's not In a position to be doing so in his own book.

How the armor saved Tony after he was shot.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-tony-st...ysis-assassin/
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

That's true, but he's not In a position to be doing so in his own book.
    Fair enough.

How the armor saved Tony after he was shot.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-tony-st...ysis-assassin/
    Thanks. That was an interesting read.

So Iron Man violated continuity AGAIN? That's the second time in as many years! Ironheart had a tie-in to Iron Man 2020, which was set after Kamala's Law came into force which happened between Outlawed #1 and the latest Champions #1. Iron Man 2020 was set before Empyre. Power Pack's mini starts on the day the law comes into force, and Alex and Julie had previously been with the Future Foundation, who only came home (in Fantastic Four) after Empyre. That means Champions Outlawed has to be after Empyre as well, which means Kamala's Law cannot have been in force when Ironheart 2020 was set. Iron Man 2020 and Champions Outlawed ended up contradicting regarding their placement in relation to Empyre.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Thanks. That was an interesting read.
    Your welcome. It was a nice straight forward piece. Mostly when they do an article on Tony it’s to knock him for something. It’s usually negative.

Thanks for sharing.

Fitting callback, considering this is the first time the Eternals have gotten a series or focus of their own since then, if I'm not mistaken.
    There was an Eternals series in between Gainan’s and the current one. It did not last long.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    There was an Eternals series in between Gainan’s and the current one. It did not last long.
    Eternals, Vol. 4 (2008–2009) also from the Knaufs. Tony makes another appearance:
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Eternals_Vol_4

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-27-2021 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Eternals, Vol. 4 (2008–2009) also from the Knaufs. Tony makes another appearance:

Thanks for correcting me there.

Your welcome. It was a nice straight forward piece. Mostly when they do an article on Tony it’s to knock him for something. It’s usually negative.
    Yeah, that much is true.

I know some people aren't fond of Cantwell's run but imo, we've gotten far more Tony Stark in his run than we did in Slott's. Slott spent so much time trying to debate whether Tony was real or A.I. that I didn't connect with the character. Whether you like Cantwell's approach or not, it's better to me because it's not distracted by "is this Tony real"?

And while it's an oddball supporting cast, they surprisingly work well together and I like how they interact with each other. And Cafu's art is amazing and we haven't said that about an Iron Man comic since Fraction and Larroca.

Great pic, thanks for posting this . I have to go back and re-read that Eternals run. I hope he does more in the new Eternals than what we saw in the previews.