Page 38 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Tony is a smart guy so I don't understand why he doesn't have some failsafe in case this happens. It's not like this is the first time an armor became sentient. He should be prepared since it's happened before.
    And he’s even going to someone who’s an expert with symbiotes. Usually Tony would be arrogant and try to do it on his own, but here he’s still getting knocked for it. It’s like they can’t write an article about Tony without saying negative things about our boy.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

"We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Ryan North is writing Tony in a Darkhold one-shot.

https://www.gamesradar.com/iron-man-...khold-special/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

...Well that's creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ryan North is writing Tony in a Darkhold one-shot.

https://www.gamesradar.com/iron-man-...khold-special/
    Thanks for sharing. I’ve been waiting to see how Tony was going to fit in to the Darkhold mini. Hopefully more info will come out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Tony is a smart guy so I don't understand why he doesn't have some failsafe in case this happens. It's not like this is the first time an armor became sentient. He should be prepared since it's happened before.
    Actually, that CBR article is not correct. In Iron Man Vol.3, issue #48, its reveled that when Tony downloaded Jocasta into that suit of armor to be his A.I. he also downloaded a version of Ultron into his armor. Ultron had hidden a program in Jocasta when he created her, that would activate his return. Ultron tells Tony that when the lightening hit his armor, it accelerated the process. Ultron also tells him that the version that was in his armor turned out to be flawed, which is why it acted so emotional and so unlike Ultron. So, it was an early version of Ultron that took over his armor, not just a suit that became sentient on its own.

Anyone grab a copy of Extreme Carnage Alpha? Tony’s in it and big things are popping off with him.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Anyone grab a copy of Extreme Carnage Alpha? Tony’s in it and big things are popping off with him.
    Yeah, he actually created his own symbiote, the Extrembiote, by merging Extremis with a symbiote he took hold of back in King in Black.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Issue 10 was interesting because it gave Tony what he wanted since the beginning of Cantwell's run; a chance at a fresh start.

This apparently the halfway point of Cantwell's book of Korvac. So I'm curious how Megido ties into the rest.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Issue 10 was interesting because it gave Tony what he wanted since the beginning of Cantwell's run; a chance at a fresh start.

This apparently the halfway point of Cantwell's book of Korvac. So I'm curious how Megido ties into the rest.
    Same here. It was cool to see Ultimo back, and maybe Cantwell could give him an origin story down the line.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, he actually created his own symbiote, the Extrembiote, by merging Extremis with a symbiote he took hold of back in King in Black.
    That sounds epic! I will definitely be picking up a copy and checking out this event. I enjoyed King in Black so I’m hoping this one is good.

Iron Man learns origin of long time nemesis.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-learns-origin-ultimo/

Hot Toys goes back to the beginning with Iron Man.
    https://bleedingcool.com/collectible...t-toys-figure/

Yeah, this issue feels like a fresh start. For me, it ties with Cantwell's premise of stripping down the character and the title. Indeed, the series feels very low key to me. Sure there's just enough action in every issue to keep me entertained. Issue 10 had some repulsor rays and the Unibeam. Aside from that though, the series has revolved around Tony and/or a small group of characters. And the characters are fairly unknown. This issue in particular featured those characters. Stilt-Man? Avro-X? A Kree soldier named Yar? Even in the midst of Korvac remaking the universe, the title has this intimate and sober (no pun intended) aura. And I like that. Iron Man is just doing his own thing. That's awesome.

I'm not sure where the story is going. It's quiet, with enough interesting things going on to keep the reader intrigued.

Oh yeah, anyone else get some "Attack On Titan" vibes when the Ultimo attacked? Nice reference.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Wait, so it won't finish until next April? But Ben Reilly's involved, and we know he's taking over as Spider-Man...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman