Page 39 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wait, so it won't finish until next April? But Ben Reilly's involved, and we know he's taking over as Spider-Man...
    Ben's role in the Book of Korvac storyline could end soon or his time as Spiderman would be before or after the current storyline.

Loved the issue and impressed by this Armor....Tony has fought Ultimo many times over the years, and he's never taken him down this easily.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Issue 10 was interesting because it gave Tony what he wanted since the beginning of Cantwell's run; a chance at a fresh start.

This apparently the halfway point of Cantwell's book of Korvac. So I'm curious how Megido ties into the rest.
    That's good to hear, I'll be picking it up this weekend.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    That sounds epic! I will definitely be picking up a copy and checking out this event. I enjoyed King in Black so I’m hoping this one is good.
    Indeed, it was. At the very least, it's off to an interesting start.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Iron Man makes a deal with an old foe.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-stilt-man-team-up/
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Iron Man makes a deal with an old foe.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-stilt-man-team-up/
    Loved the issue. Always liked the quirky Stilt-Man. Nice to see Cantwell give Wilbur his day in the sun. Pun definitely intended. How long it will last only the next issue knows. Liking Cantwell’s run so far. Hope to see more of Avro-X and Stilt-Man.

Iron Man finds long lost marvel armored hero.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-avro-x-canada-meggido/
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Iron Man finds long lost marvel armored hero.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-avro-x-canada-meggido/
    Could this be the start of a new Force Works team? Tony already has his other recruits.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Could this be the start of a new Force Works team? Tony already has his other recruits.
    A new Force Works could be good, especially since Force Works has fought Ultimo before, if I recall right.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman3000 View Post
    Loved the issue and impressed by this Armor....Tony has fought Ultimo many times over the years, and he's never taken him down this easily.
    Yeah this was a really good issue. Glad to see Tony starting in his own book again lol. The Ultimo fight was badass. Can’t wait to find out more about this planet and this energy they use. Cantwell is really bringing back a lot of characters from years ago. He really knows his history. CAFU’s art is frigging legendary. Glad he was back on the book as well.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

https://screenrant.com/iron-man-iden...l-mistake-mcu/

Maybe it is only my opinion, but it's a trend to simply criticize Tony for being an incompetent, childish, selfish & outdated capitalist jerk.
    I think this article well demonstrates why Cantwell's run is so awesome & why Tony is a good & complex character - he wants to do good & be appreciated (like for example, Captain America) - but as it is said, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions"...

Cantwell slowly manages to deconstruct the shiny & pompous mythology (& shell) of Tony/Iron Man to reveal a person who is desperately trying to connect to the people he wants to help but constantly fails bc of his ego or bc people just don't believe him.

I don't know that my comment makes any sense, but this is the way I approach this run.

I find Cantwell's take on Stark bland compared to the movies. In the movies, Stark's primary motivation is PSTD/survivors guilt. The deaths of his parents and Yinsin left a permanent mark on him, turning him into someone obsessed with keeping his friends and family alive. This obsession motivates all his actions, both heroic and reckless. It makes him almost casually willing to sacrifice his life, but also leads to things like Ultron and the Sokovia Accords, because he is so desperate to keep everyone alive that he will rush into solutions that cause more problems than benefits. THAT'S Anthony E. Stark to me.

Cantwell's Stark seems so petty and bland by comparison. Movie Stark would be too busy obsessing over keeping his friends alive to worry about Twitter trolls.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I find Cantwell's take on Stark bland compared to the movies. In the movies, Stark's primary motivation is PSTD/survivors guilt. The deaths of his parents and Yinsin left a permanent mark on him, turning him into someone obsessed with keeping his friends and family alive. This obsession motivates all his actions, both heroic and reckless. It makes him almost casually willing to sacrifice his life, but also leads to things like Ultron and the Sokovia Accords, because he is so desperate to keep everyone alive that he will rush into solutions that cause more problems than benefits. THAT'S Anthony E. Stark to me.

Cantwell's Stark seems so petty and bland by comparison. Movie Stark would be too busy obsessing over keeping his friends alive to worry about Twitter trolls.

yeah, but 616 Tony and MCU Tony are two entirely different things IMHO
    Cantwell even mentions in one of his tweets that his Tony is the 616 Tony and the character has nothing to do with RDJ's MCU Tony

Well that just motivates me to rewatch the movies and ignore Cantwell's Stark and his petty, bland, childish motives.

Iron Man has his own Attack on Titan.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-ultimo-attack-on-titan/