Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Yeah. Everything they’ve come up with has been a dumpster fire. Just bring Mandarin back already.
    Amen! Bring back The Mandarin, Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Give me the Cobalt Man and Batroc! The team-up of team-ups!!!
    Mother Night and Madam Masque! Superia and Sunset Baines! Bernie Rosenthal and Bethany Cabe!

Extraordinary Member

How is Iron man comic selling rn?
    Chicago_Bastard says it selling worse than Black Cat which is selling below hundred, is it that bad?

Yeah. It’s time for The Mandarin to come back. After Korvac would be perfect.
    Now why do I have a feeling Mandarin will become a Shang Chi rogue after the movie drops?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Now why do I have a feeling Mandarin will become a Shang Chi rogue after the movie drops?
    That would be a shame

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    That would be a shame
    Yeah it would. Best we can hope for is that Tony and Shang-Chi get joint custody of Mandarin, kinda like how Kingpin finds time to bother both Daredevil and Spider-Man.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Yeah it would. Best we can hope for is that Tony and Shang-Chi get joint custody of Mandarin, kinda like how Kingpin finds time to bother both Daredevil and Spider-Man.
    I could live with that. I hope this is what happens.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I don't see how they could really do it, though, considering they fused Mandarin with Shang's dad and both are distinct characters in the comics.

Granted, both are dead now though I think Shang's dad is haunting him...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see how they could really do it, though, considering they fused Mandarin with Shang's dad and both are distinct characters in the comics.

Granted, both are dead now though I think Shang's dad is haunting him...
    Yeah. I hope they don’t make an amalgamation of them. Don’t put anything past Marvel lol.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Tony's new armor has a surprising weakness.
    https://screenrant.com/iron-man-new-...ychic-hellcat/

In other words, one of his abilities just vanished because the writer forgot he had it. It's not the first or even the fiftieth time that's happened. I still get pissed that they forgot that Iron Man's armor can absorb lightning to make him stronger.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    In other words, one of his abilities just vanished because the writer forgot he had it. It's not the first or even the fiftieth time that's happened. I still get pissed that they forgot that Iron Man's armor can absorb lightning to make him stronger.

Sometimes they remember, and sometimes they don't, it seems. I mean, the first Avengers movie actually had Thor's lightning supercharge Tony's Iron Man Armor in their first fight to 400%. That might be from an adaptation, technically speaking, but it should count as Iron Man's armor in the comics really can do that, as you point out here.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post

I just think that Tony’s armors have so many capabilities that they forget or really just don’t know. Us fans have amazing memories. So I’m not holding it against anyone. Maybe it may get explained.

Astonishing Member

I just think that Tony’s armors have so many capabilities that they forget or really just don’t know. Us fans have amazing memories. So I’m not holding it against anyone. Maybe it may get explained.
    The other thing is that there are so many different armours, with different capabilities--not every armour includes every ability that its predecessors had. Sometimes new upgrades come at the cost of losing certain abilities or features. Now, you'd think the ability to absorb electric attacks would be a priority for most of his armour designs--but perhaps some of them are better at it than others?

We haven't seen as much of it lately, but we used to see Tony pulling out different armours for different missions because some were more equipped for stealth operations, or for underwater work, or outer space work, or had more firepower, etc.

The problem for Tony right now in the current arc is that he's away from Earth and his usual resources....so he has to make do with this one set of armour. He can't swap out for a different option, or upgrade with accessories, unless he finds useable tech along the way (which he potentially could in his present location....).

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The other thing is that there are so many different armours, with different capabilities--not every armour includes every ability that its predecessors had. Sometimes new upgrades come at the cost of losing certain abilities or features. Now, you'd think the ability to absorb electric attacks would be a priority for most of his armour designs--but perhaps some of them are better at it than others?

We haven't seen as much of it lately, but we used to see Tony pulling out different armours for different missions because some were more equipped for stealth operations, or for underwater work, or outer space work, or had more firepower, etc.

The problem for Tony right now in the current arc is that he's away from Earth and his usual resources....so he has to make do with this one set of armour. He can't swap out for a different option, or upgrade with accessories, unless he finds useable tech along the way (which he potentially could in his present location....).
    You bring up a lot of good points. In agreement with you here.