Page 70 of 87 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1296

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Was this from Armor Wars, by any chance?
    This was from Demon In A Bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Attachment 115233 I have the Marvel Legends version of the Bleeding Edge.
    Okay, I haven't seen that one before.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

No. The Silver Centurion armor was during Armor Wars.
    Thanks for the clarification.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    This was from Demon In A Bottle.
    Demon in a Bottle? I'm aware of that one, but not as familiar as I am with Armor Wars. Should correct that. Come to think of it, could link Armor Wars with Demon in a Bottle insofar as they both relate to Tony's struggles with being in control of himself. Demon in a Bottle, that was him struggling with alcohol addiction and since then there've been comics suggesting it as kind of a Damocles sword over his head, reminders that it'll be something he struggles with for the rest of his life. Armor Wars, that was about the armor as an extension of himself and his self-image, and having that violated and stolen from him, then used to hurt and kill the very people Tony wanted to help and save, nearly drove him over the edge. In both cases, we have Tony struggling to retain (or regain) control of himself and his life.

Was this from Armor Wars, by any chance?
    Demon in a Bottle, actually. The image comes from Iron Man #126 (https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Iron_Man_Vol_1_126).

No. The Silver Centurion armor was during Armor Wars.
    Correct! An all-time classic (IMHO):
    Last edited by K7P5V; 11-03-2021 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Thanks for the clarification.
    Anytime. Glad I could help.

Demon in a Bottle? I'm aware of that one, but not as familiar as I am with Armor Wars. Should correct that. Come to think of it, could link Armor Wars with Demon in a Bottle insofar as they both relate to Tony's struggles with being in control of himself. Demon in a Bottle, that was him struggling with alcohol addiction and since then there've been comics suggesting it as kind of a Damocles sword over his head, reminders that it'll be something he struggles with for the rest of his life. Armor Wars, that was about the armor as an extension of himself and his self-image, and having that violated and stolen from him, then used to hurt and kill the very people Tony wanted to help and save, nearly drove him over the edge. In both cases, we have Tony struggling to retain (or regain) control of himself and his life.
    Great points. I feel a lot of what you stated here as well. It’s always about Tony being a control freak and his paranoia. He already has so much out there with his name on it killing people, he didn’t want that for his Iron Man armor. That’s his redemption. That’s how he saves his legacy.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 11-03-2021 at 07:07 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Okay, I haven't seen that one before.
    Marvel Select has a really great version as well.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I liked the post Armor Wars suit:

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

Love this one too WPP. So many great armors.

This is a great summary of Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

Me too! This armor holds a special place with me because this was when I was really getting into Iron Man and comics. I would get them off of the spinner racks at Walden books and I would also get them from my LCS.

The Infinity Gauntlet made Iron Man a God before his God armor.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-god-arm...untlet-comics/

The Infinity Gauntlet made Iron Man a God before his God armor.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-god-arm...untlet-comics/
    This is the best that Bendis has ever done Tony. I was reading this like, when is the shoe gonna drop.

I like how Thor stood up for Tony too.

Me too! This armor holds a special place with me because this was when I was really getting into Iron Man and comics. I would get them off of the spinner racks at Walden books and I would also get them from my LCS.
    Also, this was the armor that Tony used against Firepower for some sweet vengeance...
    Last edited by K7P5V; 11-04-2021 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Anytime. Glad I could help.

Great points. I feel a lot of what you stated here as well. It’s always about Tony being a control freak and his paranoia. He already has so much out there with his name on it killing people, he didn’t want that for his Iron Man armor. That’s his redemption. That’s how he saves his legacy.
    This is a great summary of Tony.
    Thank you both.