Page 74 of 87 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1296

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    At least it's focusing on Howard and Maria and not you-know-who.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, we can be thankful for that.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I don't know if this was mentioned, but there's a Stark-Fujikawa poster in the Hit-Monkey cartoon on Hulu.
    Like in Marvel 2099? (Speaking of Marvel 2099, I'm still disappointed there was never an Iron Man 2099 introduced by Stark-Fujikawa in the original line. Would have made a lot of sense as making a real version of the cover story Tony initially used for his armored alter ego, especially in light of riffing on the whole cyberpunk "megacorporations own everything and everyone in the world" theme.)

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Read it today. It was a pretty good issue.

spoilers:
    I still have problems with portraying Howard and Maria as neglectful parents as I think that's been beaten to death. Tony may have clashed with Howard at times but he had a close relationship with Maria. They both loved Tony so this is my pet peeve.

As far as Tony becoming a god, I think Cantwell nailed it perfectly. Tony thinks that he can fix every mistake and make the world better. And naturally he assumes some would question him and even try to stop him. He thinks that they don't understand so he'll have to convince them one way or another. As in most cases, having absolute power will corrupt you in the end. I hope Tony doesn't fall into that trap.
    end of spoilers
    Same, generally speaking.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 11-27-2021 at 07:13 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Like in Marvel 2099? (Speaking of Marvel 2099, I'm still disappointed there was never an Iron Man 2099 introduced by Stark-Fujikawa in the original line. Would have made a lot of sense as making a real version of the cover story Tony initially used for his armored alter ego, especially in light of riffing on the whole cyberpunk "megacorporations own everything and everyone in the world" theme.)
    Yep .

I would love to see Rumiko in an animated adaption...

Yep .

Same here.

Yep .

Same here.
    Ditto! As a couple, I always thought they had potential (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

I never really felt Rumiko. Especially after she cheated on Tony with Ty Stone.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Rumiko was always my favorite. I hated when they assassinated her character just to pump up Stone.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post

Rumiko was always my favorite. I hated when they assassinated her character just to pump up Stone.
    Especially when Tiberius Stone came back so pathetic in Dan Slott's Amazing Spider-Man. The one saving grace was that he turned out to be (partly) responsible for founding Alchemax and starting the family lineage that would lead to Miguel O'Hara, the Spider-Man of 2099, as revealed in Superior Spider-Man's "Necessary Evil" arc.

Especially when Tiberius Stone came back so pathetic in Dan Slott's Amazing Spider-Man. The one saving grace was that he turned out to be (partly) responsible for founding Alchemax and starting the family lineage that would lead to Miguel O'Hara, the Spider-Man of 2099, as revealed in Superior Spider-Man's "Necessary Evil" arc.
    Damn! Thanks! I was not aware that Stone did that. Miguel is one of my favorite characters.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Damn! Thanks! I was not aware that Stone did that. Miguel is one of my favorite characters.
    You're welcome, and yeah, Miguel is also one of my favorite characters. In fact, he's my favorite of the entire Marvel 2099 line, and one of my overall favorite versions of a future/futuristic Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member

I don't think she actually cheated on Tony--Rumiko dumped Tony before she slept with Ty. It was only a couple of hours before she slept with Ty, so its still really wasn't a good look for her--but technically I don't think she actually cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I loved Rumiko too, but Kurt Busiek was really the only one who really got her right and treated her well. When Busiek wrote her Rumiko reminded me a bit of Janet Van Dyne, in the way that she could be light and bubbly one minute, and easily mistaken for an airhead--and in the next reveal an iron will and a sharp mind, stepping up to take charge and do what needed to be done. Most of the writers after Busiek seemed to have trouble finding the balance. Some of them leaned too hard into the party girl side of her personality, or they had her "strong and assertive" side come across as bitchy and controlling, picking fights with Tony. She definitely got badly treated during the early Ty Stone material, where she was being used as a pawn in Ty's schemes to undermine Tony. Later issues tried to get Rumiko's character back on track, but I don't think they ever quite got her back to where she was during Busiek's run....and then they killed her off.

Was that really meant to be the same Ty Stone? I know they shared the same name, but they seemed so very different -- they physically looked different (although that could have been a mistake on the artist's part, if he wasn't told this was supposed to be an established character), and the personality seemed very different. Tony's rival Ty was a wealthy man who owned his own company, etc; the Ty Stone from ASM was a scientist who worked for someone else's lab. And as far as I recall he never referenced any of his past life--which seems odd if it was intended to be the same character.

I read the newest issue of Iron Man and it was glorious. The way Cantwell peels back Tony’s psyche is just top notch writing. I know Howard was a mean bastard, but I don’t see Maria neglecting Tony like that. This is my only gripe with the issue. The page were they show Tony’s head getting peeled back until it’s center is just mind blowing(pun not intended) CAFU is off the charts with the art. Can’t wait until the next issue.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 11-29-2021 at 12:26 AM.

spoilers:
    At least it's focusing on Howard and Maria and not you-know-who.
    end of spoilers
    That is welcomed change. Good riddance to you know who.

I read the newest issue of Iron Man and it was glorious. The way Cantwell peels back Tony’s psyche is just top notch writing. I know Howard was a mean bastard, but I don’t see Maria neglecting Tony like that. This is my only gripe with the issue. The page were they show Tony’s head getting peeled back until it’s center is just mind blowing(pun not intended) CAFU is off the charts with the art. Can’t wait until the next issue.
    I agree bro. This is the most interest and anticipation I've felt for Tony since Fraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I don't think she actually cheated on Tony--Rumiko dumped Tony before she slept with Ty. It was only a couple of hours before she slept with Ty, so its still really wasn't a good look for her--but technically I don't think she actually cheated.

I loved Rumiko too, but Kurt Busiek was really the only one who really got her right and treated her well. When Busiek wrote her Rumiko reminded me a bit of Janet Van Dyne, in the way that she could be light and bubbly one minute, and easily mistaken for an airhead--and in the next reveal an iron will and a sharp mind, stepping up to take charge and do what needed to be done. Most of the writers after Busiek seemed to have trouble finding the balance. Some of them leaned too hard into the party girl side of her personality, or they had her "strong and assertive" side come across as bitchy and controlling, picking fights with Tony. She definitely got badly treated during the early Ty Stone material, where she was being used as a pawn in Ty's schemes to undermine Tony. Later issues tried to get Rumiko's character back on track, but I don't think they ever quite got her back to where she was during Busiek's run....and then they killed her off.

Was that really meant to be the same Ty Stone? I know they shared the same name, but they seemed so very different -- they physically looked different (although that could have been a mistake on the artist's part, if he wasn't told this was supposed to be an established character), and the personality seemed very different. Tony's rival Ty was a wealthy man who owned his own company, etc; the Ty Stone from ASM was a scientist who worked for someone else's lab. And as far as I recall he never referenced any of his past life--which seems odd if it was intended to be the same character.
    Fair points there, though it wouldn't be the first time a comics writer pulled a name out of a hat, proverbially speaking, and then acted like prior history with the character associated with that name never happened or was irrelevant.