Page 77 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1296

I don't think forgetting about something bad you did means you should be forgiven... If a criminal says during trial "I have hit my head yesterday and I can't remember all these people you said I killed...", but there was lots of evidence and witness of his crimes... would he be allowed to go unpunished...?

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I don't think forgetting about something bad you did means you should be forgiven... If a criminal says during trial "I have hit my head yesterday and I can't remember all these people you said I killed...", but there was lots of evidence and witness of his crimes... would he be allowed to go unpunished...?
    But he's still technically a different person/not as culpable because he has no memory of making those decisions and is basically an earlier version of himself.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

We could relitigate Marvel's Civil Wars all day and all night and get nowhere. As a Spider-Man fan, I've had some hard feelings concerning the first one and Tony's role in it in light of where things ended up for Spidey. The second is a travesty all its own, only saved for me by forming the lynchpin of HYDRA-Cap's (sadly slightly logical) rationalization for what he goes on to do in the following year's event Secret Empire under the guise of being "the real Captain America." That said, speaking of Cap and Tony, who's checking out or looking forward to the upcoming Captain America/Iron Man mini next week? Got some familiar faces from the post-Civil War Fifty-State Initiative trying to lend a helping hand . . . and maybe complicating things even more for Steve and Tony.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

That's already out. I liked Stark's post coital conversation with the villain. It had that Doctor Who vibe, where he briefly plays dumb and then reveals that he was several steps ahead all along.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    That's already out. I liked Stark's post coital conversation with the villain. It had that Doctor Who vibe, where he briefly plays dumb and then reveals that he was several steps ahead all along.
    Thanks for the reminder, and that does sound like a cool moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I thought it was interesting to see Tony wanting to help Peter nurture his scientific talents and live up to his full potential both in and out of the mask of Spider-Man. Didn't like the parts in Civil War where it came off more like Tony was manipulating Peter into taking his side against his own inclinations and ethics, although given the lines Tony ended up crossing there, it was kind of a fait accompli that their friendship, such as it was, would fall apart and end with them literally coming to blows, which was about as heartbreaking as between Tony and Steve near the end of the Civil War storyline itself. As for how things have been since Civil War ended and One More Day came about, they work out for now as allies on good speaking terms with each other, though it would be nice to see them patch things up more. Then again, with the personal consequences of Civil War hitting Peter especially hard, I wouldn't find it too difficult to understand if he'd rather keep his distance at this point.
    We could relitigate Marvel's Civil Wars all day and all night and get nowhere. As a Spider-Man fan, I've had some hard feelings concerning the first one and Tony's role in it in light of where things ended up for Spidey. The second is a travesty all its own, only saved for me by forming the lynchpin of HYDRA-Cap's (sadly slightly logical) rationalization for what he goes on to do in the following year's event Secret Empire under the guise of being "the real Captain America." That said, speaking of Cap and Tony, who's checking out or looking forward to the upcoming Captain America/Iron Man mini next week? Got some familiar faces from the post-Civil War Fifty-State Initiative trying to lend a helping hand . . . and maybe complicating things even more for Steve and Tony.
    Hear me out. I know Tony manipulated Peter and that Peter had every right to leave Tony's side after everything that went down. To me personally I feel Peter betrayed Tony. i now it might not make sense for me to feel like that emotionally, but I do. Tony told Peter that things were going to get bad and he would need someone by his side. That's why he took Peter everywhere to show him everything he would see. As far as studying Peter through the armor he made for him. Was it underhanded? Yes, but it was great strategy in case Peter switched sides and that's exactly what he did. Tony took Peter, MJ and May in and took care of them like they were his own family. He made sure they didn't want for anything. After they left Tony's protection is when Aunt May got shot. And who did Peter run to and blame it on? Tony and it wasn't his fault. So what did Tony do? He sent Jarvis to pay for May's care in the hospital. Even after all this time that has past since that. There is still hostility there. Just look at when they teamed up to fight Regent. Peter got upset that Tony made Miles some better web shooters and was jealous because MJ was now working for Stark. Peter even tried to higher Potts to work for him because of the Stark/MJ work relationship. Now as I stated Peter had every right to leave Tony. He didn't agree with Tony's actions so he switched sides. but to me personally and to Tony I felt betrayed by Peter. I shouldn't feel that way. but I do. Maybe soon they can come to terms and put everything behind them. Although I can honestly say I've never felt the same about Peter Parker after Civil War. And as you stated we can reiterate about Civil War, but that's not what this is about. I think your case was felicitous and I just wanted to state mine.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 12-10-2021 at 02:08 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Hear me out. I know Tony manipulated Peter and that Peter had every right to leave Tony's side after everything that went down. To me personally I feel Peter betrayed Tony. i now it might not make sense for me to feel like that emotionally, but I do. Tony told Peter that things were going to get bad and he would need someone by his side. That's why he took Peter everywhere to show him everything he would see. As far as studying Peter through the armor he made for him. Was it underhanded? Yes, but it was great strategy in case Peter switched sides and that's exactly what he did. Tony took Peter, MJ and May in and took care of them like they were his own family. He made sure they didn't want for anything. After they left Tony's protection is when Aunt May got shot. And who did Peter run to and blame it on? Tony and it wasn't his fault. So what did Tony do? He sent Jarvis to pay for May's care in the hospital. Even after all this time that has past since that. There is still hostility there. Just look at when they teamed up to fight Regent. Peter got upset that Tony made Miles some better web shooters and was jealous because MJ was now working for Stark. Peter even tried to higher Potts to work for him because of the Stark/MJ work relationship. Now as I stated Peter had every right to leave Tony. He didn't agree with Tony's actions so he switched sides. but to me personally and to Tony I felt betrayed by Peter. I shouldn't feel that way. but I do. Maybe soon they can come to terms and put everything behind them. Although I can honestly say I've never felt the same about Peter Parker after Civil War. And as you stated we can reiterate about Civil War, but that's not what this is about. I think your case was felicitous and I just wanted to state mine.
    Fair enough. I generally thought Peter wasn't exactly being mature and reasonable about his issues with Tony hiring Mary Jane and building better web-shooters for Miles, myself. Trying to hire Pepper Potts just to spite Tony for hiring MJ was definitely a low point for him as a character in my view as well. That said, I'm glad we can talk about this, to the degree it has to be talked about, in a way where we can maintain respect for each other's feelings and perspectives.

Fair enough. I generally thought Peter wasn't exactly being mature and reasonable about his issues with Tony hiring Mary Jane and building better web-shooters for Miles, myself. Trying to hire Pepper Potts just to spite Tony for hiring MJ was definitely a low point for him as a character in my view as well. That said, I'm glad we can talk about this, to the degree it has to be talked about, in a way where we can maintain respect for each other's feelings and perspectives.
    Yeah I consider you one of my closer friends here on the CBR boards and that's why I know we can talk about this amicably. It's always good discussing and debating things with you.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member

That still doesn’t make any sense as our Tony said he saw Howard and others doing occult rituals when he was a kid.
    Presumably 616 Howard was more of a petty dabbler and 616 Mephisto didn’t bite, so Howard lost interest?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Presumably 616 Howard was more of a petty dabbler and 616 Mephisto didn’t bite, so Howard lost interest?
    I hope you’re right. I hate that they are still messing with Tony’s parents, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want to see were it goes.

Yeah I consider you one of my closer friends here on the CBR boards and that's why I know we can talk about this amicably. It's always good discussing and debating things with you.
    Likewise. Thanks.

Any fan of shell head should pick up Captain America/Iron Man #1. Really fun read. The only problem I had was Tony kind of help create the villain which seems to be a popular trope in comics now, but other than that I loved it. It’s great to see Cap and Tony side by side kicking hydra ass.

Attachment 116115This is a new figurine i just bought for my Iron Man collection. It looked great on the eaglemoss site I ordered it from, but it didn’t do it any justice. It’s a very cool piece and I’m stoked I bought it.
    Nice addition to your stash bro. It keeps growing and growing.

Everything written about Tony outside of his own series was looked at through the lens of Tony being the bad guy, of betraying his friends and coming increasingly close to being written like a villain. That way everyone else looks heroic compared to him.

Any fan of shell head should pick up Captain America/Iron Man #1. Really fun read. The only problem I had was Tony kind of help create the villain which seems to be a popular trope in comics now, but other than that I loved it. It’s great to see Cap and Tony side by side kicking hydra ass.
    I think "hero is directly or indirectly responsible for the villain's existence" has been a popular trope in the superhero genre for a long while now, and while Tony might suffer somewhat more than most these days, he's been far from the only one historically. Funny enough, I think a comedian/actor named Hal Sparks did a skit/rant about how sick of the whole trope he'd become, as it gave off the impression that the heroes (and the world) would have been better off doing nothing at all, if their actions were just going to make more villains.