Page 8 of 87 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Maybe this will lead to Teen Tony's introduction to the MCU?! *fingers crossed*

JK
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Maybe this will lead to Teen Tony's introduction to the MCU?! *fingers crossed*

JK

I was about to rage post when I saw jk at the bottom.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

I was about to rage post when I saw jk at the bottom.
    Lol!

Nah, Riri becoming the MCU's Iron-person is much more likely than Teen Tony...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Lol!

Nah, Riri becoming the MCU's Iron-person is much more likely than Teen Tony...
    I think Riri could be a stand in for Iron Lad in an MCU Young Avengers team.

I think the Civil War flashback is the closest we'll see Teen Tony.

Top 10 Iron Man villains according to Newsarama.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/best-iron-man-villains/
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Iron Mans 90’s cartoon is basically Marvels Transformers. https://www.cbr.com/1994s-iron-man-w...-transformers/
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Iron Mans 90’s cartoon is basically Marvels Transformers. https://www.cbr.com/1994s-iron-man-w...-transformers/
    That's an interesting take. Personally, I thought it got (a lot) better in Season 2, especially with its take on Armor Wars. However, looking back on it in light of Iron Man's comics history, it did seem like, aside from incorporating the then-current Force Works team, Julia Carpenter/Spider-Woman might have been there as a substitute for Pepper Potts and Bethany Cabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's an interesting take. Personally, I thought it got (a lot) better in Season 2, especially with its take on Armor Wars. However, looking back on it in light of Iron Man's comics history, it did seem like, aside from incorporating the then-current Force Works team, Julia Carpenter/Spider-Woman might have been there as a substitute for Pepper Potts and Bethany Cabe.
    In agreement with you about Season 2 having improved animation.

I loved it when Tony installed morphing-tech into his armor...

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-06-2021 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

All-New Member

Good call on Spider-Woman being a substitute for Bethany Cabe. It would make sense, especially considering that the show was no stranger to stand-ins, with Hawkeye taking the place of Steve Rogers in the Armor Wars episode.

On the subject of the show being designed to sell toys, well, yeah. Almost every superhero cartoon is to some extent. Even great shows like Batman: The Animated Series existed, at least somewhat, to sell toys.

I'm also in agreement on season 2 being far better than season 1. That first season borders on unwatchable. I also think season 2's updated take on the Modular Armor is pretty slick, even though its appearance in the first season is more comic accurate, aside from the mouth slit on the helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    In agreement with you about Season 2 having improved animation.

I loved it when Tony installed morphing-tech into his armor...

And especially with that theme song. "I . . . I am . . . I . . . AM . . . IRON MAN!" Absolutely shredded.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamglide View Post
    Good call on Spider-Woman being a substitute for Bethany Cabe. It would make sense, especially considering that the show was no stranger to stand-ins, with Hawkeye taking the place of Steve Rogers in the Armor Wars episode.

On the subject of the show being designed to sell toys, well, yeah. Almost every superhero cartoon is to some extent. Even great shows like Batman: The Animated Series existed, at least somewhat, to sell toys.

I'm also in agreement on season 2 being far better than season 1. That first season borders on unwatchable. I also think season 2's updated take on the Modular Armor is pretty slick, even though its appearance in the first season is more comic accurate, aside from the mouth slit on the helmet.
    Thanks, and if I recall right, Hawkeye at first took the place of U.S. Agent in Season 1, as it was supposed to roughly correspond with Force Works, which makes substituting for Steve Rogers as "The Captain," whose costume U.S. Agent would take on after giving up the Captain America mantle, in Season 2's Armor Wars somewhat fitting.

And especially with that theme song. "I . . . I am . . . I . . . AM . . . IRON MAN!" Absolutely shredded.
    Righteous! That OP totally killed it!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Righteous! That OP totally killed it!

That it did.

That's the great thing about Disney+. I just went back and re-watched A:EMH Season 1. Once I'm done with Season 2, I'm going to watch the Iron Man show.

What did you guys think of the anime Iron Man series?