Page 80 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3070767778798081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1296

Doesn't have any appeal to me. I don't understand why a writer would think it's a good idea to turn the cool mad scientist in a flying tank into a boring politician. One of my favorite moments in Iron Man II was Stark trolling politicians and basically mocking the idea that he could ever be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Doesn't have any appeal to me. I don't understand why a writer would think it's a good idea to turn the cool mad scientist in a flying tank into a boring politician. One of my favorite moments in Iron Man II was Stark trolling politicians and basically mocking the idea that he could ever be one of them.
    When he’s trolling the Senate is one of my all time favorite scenes ever. I just think it’s a neat way for Tony to go at Fisk. They’ll already be fighting Fisk’s Thunderbolts. This is hitting him on both fronts.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Wanted to get you guys opinion on this video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwzzsgnorLs
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Ultimate Member

I think the best direction would be if Tony goes in idealistically into politics, then realizes he can't really participate in politics without losing his soul, so he drops out.

I've never thought of him as a NeoCon, although he does have some level of unintentional objectivism with his whole 'rich loner genius thing.' On the other hand, he seems to be the one who thinks things actually have to change to get better

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    When he’s trolling the Senate is one of my all time favorite scenes ever. I just think it’s a neat way for Tony to go at Fisk. They’ll already be fighting Fisk’s Thunderbolts. This is hitting him on both fronts.
    I'd prefer for Stark to fight Fisk by doing what he's best at: being a mad scientist in a flying tank. In Fisk's case, that means using hacking and forensics.

Ultimate Member

I'd prefer for Stark to fight Fisk by doing what he's best at: being a mad scientist in a flying tank. In Fisk's case, that means using hacking and forensics.
    Stark would easily annihilate Fisk in 2 seconds if it were just up to that.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Stark would easily annihilate Fisk in 2 seconds if it were just up to that.
    Exactly. Tony would just use hacking and forensics to find a ton of dirt on Fisk and it would be over in less than 24 hours. But since Fisk is supposed to win this, we have to pretend that Tony would try to play politician, a situation where him being a mad scientist in a flying tank is something Fisk can mock and use against him.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 12-15-2021 at 12:09 PM.

Ultimate Member

Exactly. Tony would just use hacking and forensics to find a ton of dirt on Fisk and it would be over in less than 24 hours. But since Fisk is supposed to win this, we have to pretend that Tony would try to play politician, a situation where him being a mad scientist in a flying tank is something Fisk can mock and use against him.
    I mean, at this point Fisk should be in prison forever, but that's probably not happening. Of course, Tony could try to find a way to be an honorable politician but finding no way to do so, he gives up. Tony may not necessarily want to go in guns a-blazing right away in a public election, especially one in which Fisk actually has a chance of winning

I hope they show Tony and Fisk going at it politically like chess, but it’s a Daredevil book so we probably won’t get to see too much of that. One thing though, it’s been stated that Fisk had a secret on every hero that’s going against him. So I wonder what Tony’s is?

Ultimate Member

I hope they show Tony and Fisk going at it politically like chess, but it’s a Daredevil book so we probably won’t get to see too much of that. One thing though, it’s been stated that Fisk had a secret on every hero that’s going against him. So I wonder what Tony’s is?
    I can't imagine what it is

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I can't imagine what it is
    Yeah. I hope it’s not the old he built a weapon for so and so back in the day secret.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 12-15-2021 at 06:02 PM.

I think they just want to indulge in their West Wing/House of Cards fandom for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think they just want to indulge in their West Wing/House of Cards fandom for a bit.
    I’m looking forward to it. I know there not going to let Tony be Mayor of New York, but o still want to see how it screws up Fisk plans.

I’m looking forward to it. I know there not going to let Tony be Mayor of New York, but o still want to see how it screws up Fisk plans.
    *sigh* He's not gonna screw up Fisk's plans. He's gonna get owned and then someone the writer actually likes, probably Daredevil, will ultimately defeat Fisks plans.