Page 83 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1296

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    It's worth thinking about if the result makes no sense. Like Black Widow beating Captain Marvel
    Yeah, although I think Cap and Iron Man would be a little more believable...

(Reminds me of Widow vs. Hyperion...)

I find it even less believable, since Stark is a super-genius in addition to the power-disparity. At least Widow is smarter than Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The book of Korvac is pitched as a 20 issue epic. So we got 5 more to go. But I think he has beaten Korvac to becoming a God and he has to deal with the temptation it brings.
    I am enjoying this arc (even with the Hellcat-focused issues). But I'm not sure it was a smart move to start the run on a full epic like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I am enjoying this arc (even with the Hellcat-focused issues). But I'm not sure it was a smart move to start the run on a full epic like that.
    He said he had a whole other book planned after this one ends. So I imagined he hasn't scratched the surface.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    He said he had a whole other book planned after this one ends. So I imagined he hasn't scratched the surface.
    Uh-huh. If that's the case . . . it'll be interesting to see what he does next. Nice callback to the end of his Doctor Doom series, too, by the way.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Tony as Ant-man was pretty fun. Ant-man as an archeologist is something they should use outside of Avengers Forever. .

0B1D128C-9789-40A7-9BA0-CE9DE7BF3BBA.jpg6B6E1AEC-A0CA-4742-9979-3B0353CE6F00.jpgHey fellow Shell Heads. This is a Christmas gift my brother bought for me and I thought it was too cool not to share. Their called Evolution of the Arc Reactor and they are 5 rings that show the changes Tony’s arc reactor go through. They come in a beautiful box and also glow in the dark.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    0B1D128C-9789-40A7-9BA0-CE9DE7BF3BBA.jpg6B6E1AEC-A0CA-4742-9979-3B0353CE6F00.jpgHey fellow Shell Heads. This is a Christmas gift my brother bought for me and I thought it was too cool not to share. Their called Evolution of the Arc Reactor and they are 5 rings that show the changes Tony’s arc reactor go through. They come in a beautiful box and also glow in the dark.
    That's a wonderful gift .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's a wonderful gift .
    I know. Thanks. My brother always gets me cool Iron Man collectibles.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Cosmic Iron Man does not disappoint! I've really enjoyed these last two issues, very memorable stuff. ("Good morning!") and the "Iron God." I hope we get toys of Cosmic Iron Man soon!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Uh-huh. If that's the case . . . it'll be interesting to see what he does next. Nice callback to the end of his Doctor Doom series, too, by the way.
    I liked that too. I guess having the Power Cosmic made Tony cosmically aware. Then I remembered Adam Brashear was witness to Doom's "crime of passion" as Cantwell called it in an interview after the series ended.

I think it will involve more that just a callback since Cantwell tweeted that there's more to come...

Doom will be in issue #17....

"Tony Stark roils with the Power Cosmic - the Iron Man now the IRON GOD! But despite his best intentions, is this truly a good thing for the Earth and the universe? Patsy Walker, A.K.A. HELLCAT, really doesn't think so...which is why she's gone for broke and enlisted the help of one DOCTOR DOOM. But if there's anybody who can make Tony angry, it's Victor... What happens when a cosmically powered Stark feels betrayed by the world's most arrogant Latverian? Likely, nothing short of total devastation. "

Could be that Patsy goes to Doom maybe at the end of next issue. I'm looking forward to Cantwell revisiting the Doom/Iron Man dynamic that goes back to the time travel team ups. That one shot King in Black: Iron Man Doctor Doom was a pretty entertaining Christmas story. IMO Tony is maybe one step below Dr Strange in Doom's esteem. He definitely respects both of them more than he does Reed.

I hope Tony has the power to restore that other universe and repopulate it somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Avengers Forever #1: Tony Stark held Mjolnir. Time to reinstitute prima-nocta.
    Why?? What makes you think he would even invoke that in the 21st century? This ain't the Middle Ages. If this is a joke I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Why?? What makes you think he would even invoke that in the 21st century? This ain't the Middle Ages. If this is a joke I don't get it.
    I think it was a reference to a (bad) joke in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it was a reference to a (bad) joke in Avengers: Age of Ultron.
    Oh, I see. I apologize for the ruckus. Tony doesn't need to invoke that, never has