Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1296

Hmmm.

Isn't that also a Thanos image...

This is a cool video about Tony and Steve.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p_H2FxuOWs
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

"We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Dude you are the ****. I’ve been trying to find this trade for a while now. I just got bought it. It was only available in over sized hardcover.
    Ah, wow. Oversized hardcover? I think they did a bundled collection of both of Zeb Wells and Clayton Crain's Carnage minis, Family Feud and U.S.A., at some point. That said, I'm glad I could help.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I have a bad feeling about this... Tony has just received omnipotence, and he still behaves his usual arrogant and smug self... instead of being in awe of the new possibilities that open to him he brags about how smart he is, and instead of being afraid of the terrible responsibilities his new power entail, he mocks Korvak like a high school boy... It is funny how Tony reflects about how mundane are the roots of his personality, but rather than transcending them, he manifests his old flaws multiplied by infinity... yeah, this isn't going to end well...

spoilers:
    This reminds me a lot of Doctor Doom #10; faced with the truth that everything he is and does is nothing but a self-defense mechanism, a escape from himself, Doom reels from the chance to become something better, lashes out and gives himself to these self-damaging, self-defeating impulses...
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I have a bad feeling about this... Tony has just received omnipotence, and he still behaves his usual arrogant and smug self... instead of being in awe of the new possibilities that open to him he brags about how smart he is, and instead of being afraid of the terrible responsibilities his new power entail, he mocks Korvak like a high school boy... It is funny how Tony reflects about how mundane are the roots of his personality, but rather than transcending them, he manifests his old flaws multiplied by infinity... yeah, this isn't going to end well...

spoilers:
    This reminds me a lot of Doctor Doom #10; faced with the truth that everything he is and does is nothing but a self-defense mechanism, a escape from himself, Doom reels from the chance to become something better, lashes out and gives himself to these self-damaging, self-defeating impulses...
    end of spoilers
    Thanks for sharing. Yeah. It really sounds like my boy stepped in it this time. I’m looking forward to see how Cantwell spins it this time.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 12-30-2021 at 03:56 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Yeah. It really sounds like my boy stepped in it this time. I’m looking forward to see how Cantwell spins it this time.
    Same here, and yeah, power on that level doesn't so much change as amplify, both for good . . . and for bad. Hoping it ends up more net positive than net negative, but that might not be in the cards.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I find the stark contrast hilarious between Devil's Reign with spoilers:
    Tony saying he should run for mayor and everyone saying no .
    end of spoilers and Tony in the main Iron Man book about to use his new godly powers on Earth. It's like spoilers:
    "Gosh dang Tony we don't want you being mayor let alone the power of a literal god!"
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    end of spoilers and Tony in the main Iron Man book about to use his new godly powers on Earth. It's like spoilers:
    "Gosh dang Tony we don't want you being mayor let alone the power of a literal god!"
    end of spoilers
    It's not so much that we think he will do a bad job. He runs Stark Enterprizes, and that does a tremendous amount of good in the world, creating medicines, food in places where normal crops can't grow, and all sorts of philanthropy. Rather, the idea of Stark as either a mayor or a god sound rather boring. Tony Stark is a cool mad scientist in a flying tank. A mad scientist in a flying tank is entertaining. Gods and mayors are boring.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    It's not so much that we think he will do a bad job. He runs Stark Enterprizes, and that does a tremendous amount of good in the world, creating medicines, food in places where normal crops can't grow, and all sorts of philanthropy. Rather, the idea of Stark as either a mayor or a god sound rather boring. Tony Stark is a cool mad scientist in a flying tank. A mad scientist in a flying tank is entertaining. Gods and mayors are boring.
    We have different ideas of boring then. Though, I was referring to the reactions of the other superheroes, not the readerbase. I do think that going by how offended Tony looked in Devil's Reign that he's going to run for mayor anyway. (Otherwise why focus on it?)

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    But in the end Tony always overcomes his flaws to do the right thing. He did the same when he had the power of the Infinity Gauntlet during Bendis' Avengers relaunch. He hadthe power of a god in his hands and instead of abusing it, he put things back the way they were.

Tony will do the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    end of spoilers
    I don't think they think Tony would be a bad mayor... I think they think Tony wouldn't win... Tony has a public image as an arrogant elitist millionare with a past as a weapons manufacturer, a fascist-like oppresor who took rights and freedoms from people and as an armed rebel against the government... he had too many weak spots as a candidate...

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    But in the end Tony always overcomes his flaws to do the right thing. He did the same when he had the power of the Infinity Gauntlet during Bendis' Avengers relaunch. He hadthe power of a god in his hands and instead of abusing it, he put things back the way they were.

Tony will do the right thing.
    He will do the right thing. Just like he did with the Gauntlet.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 12-31-2021 at 01:17 PM.

Cap's feud about Civil War is over with Tony. Preview for Captain America/Iron Man #2.
    https://screenrant.com/captain-ameri...war-fued-over/