Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536 LastLast

That's just her toothpick.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Remember the original Artemis?

I've been thinking, perhaps she could be reintroduced into the mythos (with some tweaks to her backstory) as our Artemis' ancestor, thus explaining why a Egyptian Amazon would be given a Greek name?
    What bugs me is how she looks like a Diana clone.

EDIT: My head canon has always been that 'Artemis' is a title and they have names besides that. This is how I consolidated movie Artemis and comic book Artemis. So if I had to make suggestion, it would be that 'Artemis' was also the title of this ex-champion of Themysicra character.
    Last edited by John Venus; 12-17-2021 at 10:54 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

Hmmm... I think her current black/red look may actually be my least favorite...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    ^ ^ ^

I'd change the red parts of her current outfit to green, and arm guards to more standard amazon bracelets my self.

^ ^ ^

Only costumes of Artemis that I actively dislike are the ridiculous 'my bra is pushing my breasts sideways and somehow keeping them covered while I wear practically nothing else' costume
    and that 'my swimsuit is a skull with the teeth in my crotch' look

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Only costumes of Artemis that I actively dislike are the ridiculous 'my bra is pushing my breasts sideways and somehow keeping them covered while I wear practically nothing else' costume
    Rebirth is my favorite with Jimenez's civie look that was used in the '09 film as the follow-up.

Can't say I cared for the Batman/Superman look she had.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Ssssawwry!

I think maybe because I haven't cared for her characterization (for the most part) in The New 52/Rebirth eras, that may be clouding my fashion sense.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Your descriptions are quite apt, considering those were designed by gods-of-cheesecake Mike Deodato and Ed Benes, respectively.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Ssssawwry!

I think maybe because I haven't cared for her characterization (for the most part) in The New 52/Rebirth eras, that may be clouding my fashion sense.
    Haven't read all of her appearances but I've thought the times she's shown up in WW stuff, she's not too far off from how she was pre-New 52.

Though I guess she doesn't really have the same history or relationship with Diana that she eventually did in the post-Crisis years.

Lack of history might be a better way to describe what I've disliked in recent years. Pre-2011, Artemis was tied with Donna (anyone remember her??) as my favorite WW supporting character.

Until very recently she was Red Hood's sidekick, and therefore an extended member of the Bat-family as far as I was concerned... *shrug*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Lack of history might be a better way to describe what I've disliked in recent years. Pre-2011, Artemis was tied with Donna (anyone remember her??) as my favorite WW supporting character.

Until very recently she was Red Hood's sidekick, and therefore an extended member of the Bat-family as far as I was concerned... *shrug*
    I didn't mind her tenure on the Outlaws (at least what I read) but I was afraid for a brief while she'd get the Donna/Cassie Special where she'd become more tied to the Bat-Family ala Donna/Teen Titans and Cassie/Young Justice because of that.

Though at least it seems with the backups and Trial, she's back in WW's orbit. Sucks for Donna and Cassie though
    Last edited by Gaius; 12-21-2021 at 06:56 PM.

I finally got to read Red Hood & The Outlaws and it was a nice surprise, first because I was able to understand the references in The Enemy of Both Sides arc, second because I have a feelings for Jason Todd (and Dick and Tim) and third because I love Artemis.
    To be honest it doesn't bother me that Artemis had at least one spot on a regular serie alongside Red Hood, at least she wasn't lost in limbo (well... )
    I hope that after the event we will have a miniseries about Artemis and the Bana or in the regular backup in the WW ongoing.
    I want more Artemis!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Putting her in Red Hood & The Outlaws was a great decision and its a shame that she hasnt been able to branch out more. I love that she is now heavily involved in the Wonder-verse but keeping characters just there isnt going to help expand their audience. Just like I'd like to see some of WWs villains in SS. Imagine if one was used in the movie (and not killed) or animated dtvs.

With some tinkering, overall I think this is my fave Artemis look

I think merging this and her current one would make for a pretty good combo