Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I really would like to see Artemis get her own mini or ongoing. At the very least an arc or two in an anthology. 80 years, it’s time to capitalize on a Wonder franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I really would like to see Artemis get her own mini or ongoing. At the very least an arc or two in an anthology. 80 years, it’s time to capitalize on a Wonder franchise.
    As would I. We can only hope, I guess....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Give us 'Artemis and the Bana' I don't think we have ever seen an actual story about Artemis interacting with Bana-Mighdall or really exploring that whole side of things

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Give us 'Artemis and the Bana' I don't think we have ever seen an actual story about Artemis interacting with Bana-Mighdall or really exploring that whole side of things
    In Messner-Loebs' run, during the "Contest" story line, she was in their company a bit at the beginning, and even took Diana to the Bana camp on Themiscyra...

8c8cec43c934f2c986c4a87c9b984942.jpg
    Peace and love to ALL!
    Ray
    **=w=**

Quote Originally Posted by rayray1127 View Post
    In Messner-Loebs' run, during the "Contest" story line, she was in their company a bit at the beginning, and even took Diana to the Bana camp on Themiscyra...
    True, but this was more of a refugee camp with most of the Bana wiped out between the Perez run, the attack on the Amazons, and spending a decade in hell.
    I wanna see an exploration of the Bana in their own majestic city. With their own culture thats not influenced by mass death or slumming on the island for a home.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Would anyone mind giving me an "essential reading" breakdown for Artemis? I've only encountered her sporadically.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Would anyone mind giving me an "essential reading" breakdown for Artemis? I've only encountered her sporadically.
    Hmm, off the top of my head the Rebirth volume Red Hood and the Outlaws is probably where she got the most to shine and also where she got brought back into DC continuity following the New 52. I didn't read it all but she was the focus in the second arc of that run.

Other than that for some stuff that's in WW's orbit.

Wonder Woman Vol.2 #28 - #35. This is years before her debut but it introduces the Bana-Mighdall tribe and what their general setup is versus the Amazons from Themyscira. This can be found in the George Perez trade collections.

"The Contest/Challenge of Artemis" (Vo.2 #0, #90-100) by William Messar-Loebs and Mike Deodato. Where she's first introduced and the storyline where she takes over as Wonder Woman. This has been collected in the trade Wonder Woman by Mike Deodato.

"Paradise Lost" (Vol. 2 #168 - #169) by Phil Jimenez and George Perez. Not the sole focus here but she acts as the de facto leader and voice of the Bana-Mighdall in an Amazon Civil War.

"The Enemy Of Both Sides" (Vol 5. #52 - #55) by Steve Orlando. Her first re-appearance in a WW book following being brought back in Rebirth. I wouldn't really call it essential but it's a fun team-up with Diana, also with a female version of Aztek.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-02-2021 at 07:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hmm, off the top of my head the Rebirth volume Red Hood and the Outlaws is probably where she got the most to shine and also where she got brought back into DC continuity following the New 52. I didn't read it all but she was the focus in the second arc of that run.

Other than that for some stuff that's in WW's orbit.

Wonder Woman (Vol.2) #28 - 35. This is years before her debut but it introduces the Bana-Mighdall tribe and what their general setup is vs. the Amazons from Themyscira. This can be found in the George Perez trade collections.

"The Contest/Challenge of Artemis" (Vo.2 #0, #90-100) by William Messar-Loebs and Mike DeDato (where she's introduced). This has been collected in the trade Wonder Woman by Mike DeDato.

"Paradise Lost" (Vol. 2 #168 - #169) by Phil Jimenez and George Perez. Not the sole focus here but she acts as the de facto leader and voice of the Bana-Mighdall in an Amazon Civil War.

"The Enemy Of Both Sides" (Vol 5. #52 - #55) by Steve Orlando. Her first re-appearance in a WW book following being brought back in Rebirth. I wouldn't really call it essential but it's a fun team-up, with a female version of Aztek also.
    Perfect, I appreciate it!

Im not sure id necesarily call it 'Essential reading' per say, but there is also 'Artemis Requiem' wherin Artemis takes on the superhero moniker of 'Requiem' and joins a demon hunting superhero team known as the 'Hellenders' and meets a woman named Henrietta Jessup who Artemis takes under her wing to teach the ways of warrioring with Henrietta taking on the moniker of 'Sojourner'

Its a six issue mini series, but its about the only time she had central focus barring one arc of Lobdells Red Hood and the Outlaws

Perfect, I appreciate it!
    Happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    True, but this was more of a refugee camp with most of the Bana wiped out between the Perez run, the attack on the Amazons, and spending a decade in hell.
    I wanna see an exploration of the Bana in their own majestic city. With their own culture thats not influenced by mass death or slumming on the island for a home.
    I see what you're saying, and yea, that was some terrible queening on Hippolyta's part the way those Banas were banished away from the "good" side of the island.

I do believe that Artemis was 14 at the time of Circe's attack, and they were in that demon demension for 10 years by the time she was introduced. A Bana prequel from the eyes of child Artemis, receiving her Amazon training to parallel Diana's "softer" upbringing would be a fun read in the right hands.
    Peace and love to ALL!
    Ray
    **=w=**

RCO011_1487431980.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rayray1127 View Post
    I see what you're saying, and yea, that was some terrible queening on Hippolyta's part the way those Banas were banished away from the "good" side of the island.

I do believe that Artemis was 14 at the time of Circe's attack, and they were in that demon demension for 10 years by the time she was introduced. A Bana prequel from the eyes of child Artemis, receiving her Amazon training to parallel Diana's "softer" upbringing would be a fun read in the right hands.
    Yeah, the post crisis version of Artemis was very much defined by the whole 'grew up fighting demons' thing
    Plus it would be some fifteen years after the Bana were introduced that a writer established that they worshipped the Egyptian gods. Prior to that they lived in a tornado protected city with no explanation whatsoever.

Another thing I imagine would be interesting to cover is threats the Bana have to deal with. Like, they regularly had a Shim'Tar champion on hand and the modern take on the Bana all seem to have super strength and such. So what were they needing to defend against? Especially if the whole mercenary backstory is no longer applicable.