Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Is that Trigon?

Also Artemis’ axe takes up more space than Diana, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yeah, that's Trigon.

I just noticed Crice, Batman Who Laughs and is that either Grail or...?
    Yeah, it's Circe, Trigon, BMWL, and Grail. It's the part I thought was funny.

It's a homage to this cover.

Artemis needs a second throne for her hair.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yeah, that's Trigon.

I just noticed Crice, Batman Who Laughs and is that either Grail or...?
    Yeah, that's such a fan wish fulfillment piece. lol

They forgot The Presence.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Always thought it'd be interesting to explore these two more. They'd make an interesting contrast since they're probably further apart in personality/attitude than Diana and Artemis.

Been thinking on the very off-chance Artemis were to get a mini or maybe take the place of the Young Diana backup stories any of you have any semi-realistic teams for an Artemis creative team?

For a writer, I'd say Steve Orlando but after reading Black and Gold, along with some interviews, I think Stephanie Williams would be a good candidate also.

Always thought it'd be interesting to explore these two more. They'd make an interesting contrast since they're probably further apart in personality/attitude than Diana and Artemis.

In my Wonder Woman fan universe, Donna and Artemis have one thing in common. Namely, they use both Amazon combat training and magic.

Been thinking on the very off-chance Artemis were to get a mini or maybe take the place of the Young Diana backup stories any of you have any semi-realistic teams for an Artemis creative team?

For a writer, I'd say Steve Orlando but after reading Black and Gold, along with some interviews, I think Stephanie Williams would be a good candidate also.
    Messner-Loebs, but without Deodato this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    In my Wonder Woman fan universe, Donna and Artemis have one thing in common. Namely, they use both Amazon combat training and magic.
    Hmm, interesting. I can't say I've ever pictured either as a magic user but I guess that's because no main Wonder character has ever really done that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Messner-Loebs, but without Deodato this time.
    Would be interesting to see Loebs do something WW-related again. I've generally liked what I read of his WW stuff but always seems the art situation on his books was very spotty.

I guess for an artist I'd want, I suppose the easiest answer would be "more Dexter Soy drawn Artemis".

How is Deodato? Last I heard, he was homeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How is Deodato? Last I heard, he was homeless.
    I heard that was Loebs. Hope at least the recent reprints of his run get him some royalties.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I heard that was Loebs. Hope at least the recent reprints of his run get him some royalties.
    Same. Since I have little to no idea how royalties work, I'm curious if he'd have gotten more had they titled the books "WW by WML" - the way other writers have had their collections credited. If so, pretty shitty of DC to not slap his name on the book and drop a few extra bucks for him.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Same. Since I have little to no idea how royalties work, I'm curious if he'd have gotten more had they titled the books "WW by WML" - the way other writers have had their collections credited. If so, pretty shitty of DC to not slap his name on the book and drop a few extra bucks for him.
    Yeah, I remember when they put out a new edition of "The Contest" it was called Wonder Woman by Mike Deodato. Which I found odd since usually books centered around artists are art showcase stuff, that title gave the impression Deodato was also the writer.

I recall he was also in the "thanks" category for the first WW movie credits so hopefully he got something there also.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Yeah, I remember when they put out a new edition of "The Contest" it was called Wonder Woman by Mike Deodato. Which I found odd since usually books centered around artists are art showcase stuff, that title gave the impression Deodato was also the writer.

I recall he was also in the "thanks" category for the first WW movie credits so hopefully he got something there also.
    I get that Deodato is the more bankable name, but that collection was just weird considering he's been Marvel exclusive for so many years. They should've just put both names on the their... *shrug*

Yeah, I caught Loebs' name in the credits too, that was nice to see!

Anyways, back to Artemis. They really should collect the Requiem mini series, and maybe a few highlight issues from other runs to make a nice comprehensive collection for her.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I get that Deodato is the more bankable name, but that collection was just weird considering he's been Marvel exclusive for so many years. They should've just put both names on the their... *shrug*

Yeah, I caught Loebs' name in the credits too, that was nice to see!

Anyways, back to Artemis. They really should collect the Requiem mini series, and maybe a few highlight issues from other runs to make a nice comprehensive collection for her.
    Yeah, my inner-completionist hopes DC finishes off the current Loeb trades with a new collection of "The Contest" and the Requiem mini.

Mainly 'cause with the new collection of War of the Gods, I could have a nice clean uniform WW shelf collection.

They should just do a Messner-Loebs Omnibus.