View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

2 2.30%
  • Ted Kord

41 47.13%
  • Jaime Reyes

44 50.57%
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Hopefully there will be a new Blue beetle ongoing to help promote the movie sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    Hopefully there will be a new Blue beetle ongoing to help promote the movie sometime soon.
    Here's hoping .

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    Jaime is one of my favorite characters but I'll freely admit that BB, like pretty much every DC mid-tier character, can't hold down a monthly series for long. I think a mini series would be great. My dream is still for him to join the Justice League. Kinda like how Naomi is the current junior member. It really isn't that uncommon. People forget that Firestorm, who was a League mainstay, is a teenager.

Hopefully they do something with Jaime. Usually DC likes to have more content for trades before a character's movie comes out. Maybe that Graduation Day series will actually get made.

Ted showed up in the latest episode of DC Super Hero Girls. It seems like they based him off his short-lived New 52 incarnation (and gave him a goatee).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ted showed up in the latest episode of DC Super Hero Girls. It seems like they based him off his short-lived New 52 incarnation (and gave him a goatee).
    Haha of course they did. Man, they are just asking for the Blue Beetle movie to fail. I like Ted and I’m happy for his fans but holy hell, now it seems like they’re burying Jaime on purpose. I have no problem with Ted as the Beetle in the new JLU comic that’s coming out. He fits well with that universe. But they have a show about teen superheroes and they’ve made a point to have more POC characters. Seems like a tailor made spot for Jaime. But nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Haha of course they did. Man, they are just asking for the Blue Beetle movie to fail. I like Ted and I’m happy for his fans but holy hell, now it seems like they’re burying Jaime on purpose. I have no problem with Ted as the Beetle in the new JLU comic that’s coming out. He fits well with that universe. But they have a show about teen superheroes and they’ve made a point to have more POC characters. Seems like a tailor made spot for Jaime. But nope.
    I mean, I don't think certain works choosing Ted over Jaime is condemning Jaime. Ted just fit the premise of that episode better.

Ted wasn't even Blue Beetle.

Yes Ted even got the new animated short too. Oh well. It’s not like it’s a big deal anymore since the film was dumped on streaming

Just gonna have to wait for Marvel. Rumors are saying Tenoch Huerta is playing Namor and Atlantis will be Mayan/Aztec influenced. Maybe he’ll get his own theatrical film

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Yes Ted even got the new animated short too. Oh well. It’s not like it’s a big deal anymore since the film was dumped on streaming

Just gonna have to wait for Marvel. Rumors are saying Tenoch Huerta is playing Namor and Atlantis will be Mayan/Aztec influenced. Maybe he’ll get his own theatrical film
    That sounds like a pretty cool idea. Namor could become the Hispanic Black Panther-like franchise for Marvel. It's a good way to differentiate it from Aquaman. Disney knows that there is a lot of money just waiting for the studio that produces a Hispanic/Latino superhero.

Since he'll actually be appearing in Black Panther 2, it sounds like Marvel could have the two mythical countries battle it out. That will be super cool to see.

That sounds like a pretty cool idea. Namor could become the Hispanic Black Panther-like franchise for Marvel. It's a good way to differentiate it from Aquaman. Disney knows that there is a lot of money just waiting for the studio that produces a Hispanic/Latino superhero.

Since he'll actually be appearing in Black Panther 2, it sounds like Marvel could have the two mythical countries battle it out. That will be super cool to see.
    Namor's probably going to be a villain/antagonist. The chance of him leading his own films probably died with Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    cool. what did ted do there? what was the story about?

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    cool. what did ted do there? what was the story about?
    He was basically taking pitches from Supergirl's adoptive parents. Like a tech CEO startup kind of guy.

Marvel gives Mexicans (well Mayans and Indigenous people) their own empire in the MCU and is making them a force to be reckoned with having them go against Wakanda, DC gives their Mexican hero a streaming movie that nobody will watch. Please get DC the hell away from WB!

Those are only rumors though. We don't know if the actor is Namor and if the latter would factor in at all for BP2.

Besides, assuming Namor is going to be Hispanic in the MCU, wouldn't America Chavez have beaten him to the punch by appearing in Dr Strange 2 first?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Those are only rumors though. We don't know if the actor is Namor and if the latter would factor in at all for BP2.

Besides, assuming Namor is going to be Hispanic in the MCU, wouldn't America Chavez have beaten him to the punch by appearing in Dr Strange 2 first?
    There were also casting calls for Indigenous actors for BP2 so that rumor holds a lot of weight imo

Also I wouldn’t say it’s Hispanic representation, but Native/Mestizo representation. The Mayans are a Pre-Hispanic civilization, though they’ve also influenced modern day Mexico/Central America and many “Hispanics” are their descendants. It’s complicated when talking about Latin America or Latino representation because so many races reside there, it requires more specifics. I’m excited none the less.

No idea about America because I don’t know the direction they’re going in with her.

Marvel gives Mexicans (well Mayans and Indigenous people) their own empire in the MCU and is making them a force to be reckoned with having them go against Wakanda, DC gives their Mexican hero a streaming movie that nobody will watch. Please get DC the hell away from WB!
    But won't they all be Atlanteans?