View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

2 2.30%
  • Ted Kord

41 47.13%
  • Jaime Reyes

44 50.57%
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Since it seems like WB and the filmmakers want to make Blue Beetle the "Latino version of Black Panther", I'm wondering if they will use the New 52 origin for the scarab. Have it land in ancient Mesoamerica and originally found by the man who would become Sky Witness. Tie BB's origin in with Mayan and Aztec mythology. So a Chariot of the Gods type of thing.

The Reach are great villains but they're going to need a brute villain for Jaime to overcome. If they don't use Black Beetle, Sky Witness would be pretty cool.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-04-2021 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Since it seems like WB and the filmmakers want to make Blue Beetle the "Latino version of Black Panther", I'm wondering if they will use the New 52 origin for the scarab. Have it land in ancient Mesoamerica and originally found by the man who would become Sky Witness. Tie BB's origin in with Mayan and Aztec mythology. So a Chariot of the Gods type of thing.

The Reach are great villains but they're going to need a brute villain for Jaime to overcome. If they don't use Black Beetle, Sky Witness would be pretty cool.
    Id prefer they used both Sky Witness for the 1st flim & Black Beetle/Reach for the 2nd flim

Anyone know where this is from?

https://www.deviantart.com/needham-c...Crew-447930774

Someone did concept art for a Ted Kord series on DeviantArt. I thought they were cool.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Classic cover.

I miss having Blue Beetle as a non powered superhero.

It was nice to have a hand to hand combat guy who was lighthearted and not so serious like Batman, Nightwing ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Anyone know where this is from?

DC's Cybernetic Summer, which was 2020's seasonal anthology. That was the "Boys of Summer" story with Ted and Michael (Booster Gold.) Good story, fun stuff.

Hey there, since I haven't seen it anywhere else and here seems like as good a place as any...

What are your guys' thoughts on "Gold Beetle"? (shown in Future State: Suicide Squad, and will also show up in the Flash soon...) If you're wondering who she is, she's been revealed to be (highlight) the descendant of Booster Gold and Blue Beetle.... in that, somewhere down the line, Michael and Ted's respective kids intermarried.

GB (2).jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eskana View Post
    Hey there, since I haven't seen it anywhere else and here seems like as good a place as any...

What are your guys' thoughts on "Gold Beetle"? (shown in Future State: Suicide Squad, and will also show up in the Flash soon...) If you're wondering who she is, she's been revealed to be (highlight) the descendant of Booster Gold and Blue Beetle.... in that, somewhere down the line, Michael and Ted's respective kids intermarried.

GB (2).jpg
    So wouldn’t that also be spoilers:
    the descendent of Rip Hunter
    end of spoilers

I thought she was great. Basically Booster but with Ted’s intelligence. Plus she’s descended from Jaime, Ted, and Booster. I’m not sure how that works though. Maybe Jaime had a kid with Ted’s niece or something.

GB (2).jpg
    Fitting .

She has a nice figure...

So Blue Beetle was originally a knock-off of Green Hornet. Even pretending to be a criminal like GH and leaving an insect calling card.

By the second issue, Dan was given the chainmail look (complete with adorable antennas!). I'm guess this was inspiration for The Tick.

Egyptian mythology was really popular in comics and pulp magazines so I guess they decided to shift the character in that direction with the magical scarab.

DC's Cybernetic Summer, which was 2020's seasonal anthology. That was the "Boys of Summer" story with Ted and Michael (Booster Gold.) Good story, fun stuff.
    ^^^ty very much!
    I gave up on getting an answer after a while.

GB (2).jpg
    ^^^something like that is what I was hoping for w. this character. Sweet!

GB (2).jpg

Is she related to Jaime as well? Seems like it considering a descendent of Ted and Booster Gold wouldn’t produce a brown skin dark haired offspring

Unless either of them or their descendants married someone w. brown skin dark hair.