View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

2 2.30%
  • Ted Kord

41 47.13%
  • Jaime Reyes

44 50.57%
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    I just don’t see the positives of making it magic in origin. By doing that you get rid of the Reach, the whole world conquering aspect, the rivalry with the Green Lantern Corps and Jaime’s internal struggle with fearing the Scarab will take full control and he’ll be responsible for the end of the worlds. I don’t see what making it magic adds
    I'm of the kitchen sink variety, so in my, nothing would be lost. (Also, there could indeed still be fear inherent, under the assumption that the origin was magic-only, which, again, isn't what I was for.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hope Ted gets at least a cameo in the BB movie. If nothing else, they at least owe him that.
    They could do a nod, I suppose, but, and this was brought up earlier, I'd wonder how productive it'd be to really give Ted a presence in Jaime's origin movie, even if just for fanservice.

In a subsequent movie, sure, but not in the first one. Leave that for Jaime and his, first.

Well, Blue Beetle made it to the finals of the Round Robin tournament. Jaime’s proposed series will most likely lose to Suicide Squad, but it’s still pretty cool BB made it this far. Hopefully the mini ends up happening even though it won’t win the tournament.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Well, Blue Beetle made it to the finals of the Round Robin tournament. Jaime’s proposed series will most likely lose to Suicide Squad, but it’s still pretty cool BB made it this far. Hopefully the mini ends up happening even though it won’t win the tournament.
    Semi-finals, you mean. And yeah, I hope so, too.

What’s everyone’s opinion of Jaime growing up a bit? The proposed mini series has him graduating high school and looking into colleges. I’m ok with it. There’s only so much you can do with a hero in their mid teens (who isn’t named Robin). I think letting Jaime age a few years could be good for him.

What’s everyone’s opinion of Jaime growing up a bit? The proposed mini series has him graduating high school and looking into colleges. I’m ok with it. There’s only so much you can do with a hero in their mid teens (who isn’t named Robin). I think letting Jaime age a few years could be good for him.
    Feels like they keep re-starting him in high school, so maybe moving into college would be a good, fresh, direction.

I'm ok with it too, it's a nice way to introduce new supporting characters too. (I still want Brenda and Paco around).
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Feels like they keep re-starting him in high school, so maybe moving into college would be a good, fresh, direction.
    He debuted in 2006, so I think it’s about time he graduates from the role of teen hero who doesn’t know how to use his powers. Looking forward to college age Jaime (if the mini series ever sees the light of day).

Astonishing Member

He debuted in 2006, so I think it’s about time he graduates from the role of teen hero who doesn’t know how to use his powers. Looking forward to college age Jaime (if the mini series ever sees the light of day).
    Just to keep in mind, him as a college student, especially a young traditional college student, would mean he's still a teen hero. It just means he'd be an (typically, anyway) age-locked older teen.

Also, I think it'd be nice to sort of buck the college kid clichés, especially the most egregious and habitual. For example, I'd like Jaime (and Brenda and Paco, if they all go to college and all end up going to the same one, conveniently) to still live at home, and just commute to his school like he was doing in HS. And avoid making a deal out of it. Just doing that alone would be a huge breath of fresh air.

Has anyone read the new Flash issue? Gold Beetle looks interesting.

bugbart
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Has anyone read the new Flash issue? Gold Beetle looks interesting.

bugbart
    "Queen of the Quantum Realm" huh? Guess she gets her confidence from Booster.

Nice to see the pair back together .

I don't get the "social media celebrities" thing. Booster okay, but when has Ted been much of a glory hound.