View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

2 2.30%
  • Ted Kord

41 47.13%
  • Jaime Reyes

44 50.57%
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

With 74 people having voted,
    * Jaime Reyes = 39 votes
    * Ted Kord = 33 votes
    * Dan Garrett = 2 votes

Ultimate Member

Looks like no one cares about Dan Garrett

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Well, Dan Garrett really didn't get all that much attention from DC.

Plus, the real Golden Age Blue Beetle was "Dan Garret" (only one "t"), a police officer in his civilian identity who took a special vitamin pill to give himself enhanced abilities.

Many years (and a different publisher) later, he was transformed into "Dan Garrett", an archaeologist who found a mystical scarab during a dig in Egypt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I'd be down for reading more of him .

I have to say that Dan Garrett was treated very badly when his publishers killed him off to make way for Ted. And, I'd like to see that rectified, as Ted's nasty murder eventually got fixed.

(You know, we were really cheated by not getting a decent "resurrection story" for him, after Infinite Crisis finally ran its course ... )

Perhaps, in this new DC reality, Dan might be found still alive on that island, trapped in a form of magical suspended animation, and could be rescued. Then, maybe, he could pass his scarab onto Ted, while Jaime's is given a different origin.

Dan Garrett should absolutely get more recognition by DC. Which is interesting because DC usually treats most of their Golden Age heroes with reverence. With the younger generations always looking up to them, not to mention characters like Jay Garrick or Alan Scott still being used in a prominent fashion to this day. I think Dan Garrett is a lot like Ted Knight, someone who doesn't get nearly enough credit as he could or should.

Ultimate Member

Is it because he was never as prominent as the other Golden Age heroes?

I mean were characters like the GA versions of Hourman, Doctor Mid-Nite or Mister Terrific that much more prominent than Dan Garrett? I wouldn't even know who Terry Sloane is without Michael Holt, and this is a true story: the first time I remember reading about Charles McNider was in the Injustice 2 comic. If those characters can still get some appearances here and there, why can't Dan Garrett.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I mean were characters like the GA versions of Hourman, Doctor Mid-Nite or Mister Terrific that much more prominent than Dan Garrett? I wouldn't even know who Terry Sloane is without Michael Holt, and this is a true story: the first time I remember reading about Charles McNider was in the Injustice 2 comic. If those characters can still get some appearances here and there, why can't Dan Garrett.
    Dan Garret (original version) was published by Fox Publications, not DC. DC isn't always so reverent with their Golden Age characters that weren't originally part of DC history.

And it was Charlton Comics that first revived the Blue Beetle character in the 1950s.
    But after several unsuccessful tries with Dan Garrett, they killed him off and introduced the Ted Kord version in 1966 (which is what DC was more interested in acquiring on behalf of Dick Giordano's past involvement).

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Dan Garrett should absolutely get more recognition by DC. Which is interesting because DC usually treats most of their Golden Age heroes with reverence. With the younger generations always looking up to them, not to mention characters like Jay Garrick or Alan Scott still being used in a prominent fashion to this day. I think Dan Garrett is a lot like Ted Knight, someone who doesn't get nearly enough credit as he could or should.
    At least Ted got James Robinson's Starman run...

The Blue Beetle movie reportedly has its star: Xolo Mariduena from Cobra Kai.

“Corba Kai” breakout Xolo Maridueña is in talks to star in the lead role of Jaime Reyes in “Blue Beetle” for HBO Max, Warner Bros. and DC Films first superhero movie starring a Latino character, TheWrap has exclusively learned.

“Charm City Kings” director Angel Manuel Soto is set to direct.

The screenplay is from Mexican-born writer Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer, who wrote Universal’s “Scarface” remake and Sony’s “Miss Bala.”

In DC Comics, Blue Beetle is the superhero alter ego used by three different heroes, but the film will focus on Mexican-American teenager Jaime Reyes, the third character to assume the Blue Beetle mantle.

The film is looking to start production early next year, with John Rickard producing for HBO Max. Zev Foreman is executive-producing.
    Last edited by Holt; 08-02-2021 at 04:44 PM.

Finally! We’re getting a proper Blue Beetle in live action! The last two tries were, uhh, well they left a lot to be desired. Xolo is perfect for the role!

That would be perfect casting! He’s been my top choice.

What a great casting (if true) for the Blue Beetle movie. I love him in Cobra Kai.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    That would be perfect casting! He’s been my top choice.
    It’s true. Xolo confirmed he’s Blue Beetle on IG. He’s even at the Suicide Squad premier. Seems like he just got the role too (according to the trades)