View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

2 2.30%
  • Ted Kord

41 47.13%
  • Jaime Reyes

44 50.57%
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Ted absolutely should have a role in this. They've done that guy dirty for way too long.
    That would be awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    https://www.thewrap.com/angel-manuel...c-warner-bros/

Blue Beetle movie has been officially green lit!! Starts production in the fall!!! DC’s first Latino led superhero film!
    This is exciting and I hope they do Jamie justice.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    ^^^how can anyone not want to see THAT awesomeness on the big screen?!?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinemati...tm_medium=mweb

Here’s a link to an interview the director did recently about the upcoming Blue Beetle movie! Basically he’s aware of the source material, has seen all the outside media exposure Jaime has received and is a huge fan of the character! WB also really wanted a Latino led superhero film. He’s taking inspiration from Drive, Pacific Rim and Akira!! Can’t wait and I’m excited for Jaime to hit the mainstream!!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    They’ll show that.....

For 1 minute, before he’s shot and the scarab he’s been failing to unlock for years, whines up with Jaime.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    They’ll show that.....

For 1 minute, before he’s shot and the scarab he’s been failing to unlock for years, whines up with Jaime.
    I wonder if Pedro Pascal would reprise his role as Max Lord from WW84 and end up killing Ted Kord. He’s Latino so there’s a chance he might, assuming DC wants to connect the movies like that
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Here’s a link to an interview the director did recently about the upcoming Blue Beetle movie! Basically he’s aware of the source material, has seen all the outside media exposure Jaime has received and is a huge fan of the character! WB also really wanted a Latino led superhero film. He’s taking inspiration from Drive, Pacific Rim and Akira!! Can’t wait and I’m excited for Jaime to hit the mainstream!!
    That’s great to hear! I haven’t really cared for much of what DC or their films has been producing lately, but this has me so damn excited. Cant wait!!!

Maybe Pedro can play Ted Kord and serve as a mentor to Jamie.

That’s awesome news! I’m thinking the Pacific Rim influence will determine how the suit will fight (Jaegers and their fight scenes). The Drive influence seems to imply that it’ll be Jaime trying to save his loved ones (family, friends) from the dangerous situation his new found powers have gotten them into. Akira likely signifies The Reach as villains (the reach experimenting on earthlings similar to how in Akira the government experiments on its citizens).This movie has the potential to be so good! Going by that description!!

Charm City Kings proves he can handle young actors and stories really well, so we’ll see

Sounds great .

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    They’ll show that.....

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    The way I see it Ted Kord has 4 options:

1) He doesn’t appear at all in the film and is never mentioned (ala New 52, Injustice 2, Justice League Action, JLvTT, Judas Contract)

2) He appears/mentioned briefly in a cameo role but is dead (ala 2006 series, Young Justice)

3) He appears/mentioned briefly in a cameo and is still alive (ala Smallville)

4) He appears in a mentor role to Jaime and is a supporting character (ala Rebirth)

One thing is for sure though, Jaime Reyes is now the face of the Blue Beetle franchise and the one DC/WB will continue to push. I expect him to get a new solo series and even make the roster for Injustice 3 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    The way I see it Ted Kord has 4 options:

1) He doesn’t appear at all in the film and is never mentioned (ala New 52, Injustice 2, Justice League Action, JLvTT, Judas Contract)

2) He appears/mentioned briefly in a cameo role but is dead (ala 2006 series, Young Justice)

3) He appears/mentioned briefly in a cameo and is still alive (ala Smallville)

4) He appears in a mentor role to Jaime and is a supporting character (ala Rebirth)

One thing is for sure though, Jaime Reyes is now the face of the Blue Beetle franchise and the one DC/WB will continue to push. I expect him to get a new solo series and even make the roster for Injustice 3 now.
    I’m a big Jaime fan but I don’t see that happening. His last few solo series sold terribly and he probably won’t be given another shot for a long time. A lot of DC’s mid tier characters can’t maintain a solo for long and I can’t see a Blue Beetle comic (Ted or Jaime) lasting long in the current market. There’s probably going to be a Ted and Booster mini series (or they’ll be on a team) by the looks of Infinite Frontier, but that’s it. Despite the movie announcement, it doesn’t seem like DC has any plans for Jaime for the foreseeable future.

With Infinite Inc. back in continuity, maybe they can tie Blue Beetle’s background in with the Silver Scarab. That could be his connection to the JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m a big Jaime fan but I don’t see that happening. His last few solo series sold terribly and he probably won’t be given another shot for a long time. A lot of DC’s mid tier characters can’t maintain a solo for long and I can’t see a Blue Beetle comic (Ted or Jaime) lasting long in the current market. There’s probably going to be a Ted and Booster mini series (or they’ll be on a team) by the looks of Infinite Frontier, but that’s it. Despite the movie announcement, it doesn’t seem like DC has any plans for Jaime for the foreseeable future.

With Infinite Inc. back in continuity, maybe they can tie Blue Beetle’s background in with the Silver Scarab. That could be his connection to the JSA.
    I see him getting one of those digital first series on DC Infinite that’ll get collected later on in print, which will likely be seasonal. The comic industry is changing before our very eyes