View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

2 2.30%
  • Ted Kord

41 47.13%
  • Jaime Reyes

44 50.57%
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Unless either of them or their descendants married someone w. brown skin dark hair.
    She looks like Jaime more than Ted or Michael. Maybe Jaime ended up with Michelle and their offspring ended up with one of Ted’s kids/grandkids

Meh. It’s prob. just me; I’m sure a lot of ppl would be happy if Jaime figured into this somehow.
    I just don’t see the need to shoehorn him into the Ted/Booster relationship.
    That’s one of the most iconic bromances in all of comics going on thirty five years now, managing to survive several Crises, Armageddons, Doomsday Clocks and Death Metals. It’s something that’s uniquely theirs and should remain so, imo.

Meh. It’s prob. just me; I’m sure a lot of ppl would be happy if Jaime figured into this somehow.
    I just don’t see the need to shoehorn him into the Ted/Booster relationship.
    That’s one of the most iconic bromances in all of comics going on thirty five years now, managing to survive several Crises, Armageddons, Doomsday Clocks and Death Metals. It’s something that’s uniquely theirs and should remain so, imo.
    It’s mostly because the descendant looks far more like Jaime than either Ted or Michael

Jaime is shown as one of her descendants.

^^^^^Blech

^^^^^Blech
    Dude whether you like it or not, anything relating to Blue Beetle will now involve Jaime Reyes, as he’s become the definitive version of the character. Even Booster Gold used as an older brother/mentor role for Jaime in the Injustice Universe. Ted, when he does pop up, is a supporting character to Jaime.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Dude whether you like it or not, anything relating to Blue Beetle will now involve Jaime Reyes, as he’s become the definitive version of the character. Even Booster Gold used as an older brother/mentor role for Jaime in the Injustice Universe. Ted, when he does pop up, is a supporting character to Jaime.
    That’s fine.
    But I reserve the right to exercise my nerdiness by bitching and moaning about it. Not everyone has to agree on everything after all.

Ultimate Member

So do fans generally like Jaime being the focus of Blue Beetle's first movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    So do fans generally like Jaime being the focus of Blue Beetle's first movie?
    Jaime and general audience fans do, Ted fans (to a lesser extent Dan fans, as few as there are) do not. Honestly Blue Beetle wouldn’t be getting a filmic the lead wasn’t Jaime. WB wants that huge Latino audience

Ultimate Member

Jaime and general audience fans do, Ted fans (to a lesser extent Dan fans, as few as there are) do not. Honestly Blue Beetle wouldn’t be getting a filmic the lead wasn’t Jaime. WB wants that huge Latino audience
    I mean, there's no reason why Ted can't appear too, right?

Well, hopefully that audience will do a better job supporting a movie than it did supporting Jaime's previous ongoing books.

Well, hopefully that audience will do a better job supporting a movie than it did supporting Jaime's previous ongoing books.
    You do realise comics is a niche medium, right?

Sure do, thanks.

They definitely will considering Jaime is far more popular with those that don’t read comics (they make up the majority of the movie going audience) than those that do. When Jaime’s movie was announced it got overwhelming positive feedback, even amongst the comic reading audience. It trended all over social media and all the fan casts began. Plus you can’t compare a movie to a comic, just ask Aquaman (DC’s most successful film at the box office), Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Guardians of the Galaxy.