View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

2 2.30%
  • Ted Kord

41 47.13%
  • Jaime Reyes

44 50.57%
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Source?
    /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Source?
    /10char
    sorry. saw it on twitter and thought it was cool profile shot.

clay mann maybe?

I love Batman and Jaime's dynamic

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

Justice League Action was underrated in general, but one of the superb things it showed was how well Blue Beetle could work with other heroes. Jaime's and Bruce's dynamic was excellent.

As part of how I'm of the opinion that you can't go wrong with adapting Jaime's Blue Beetle suit (highlighting the sheer versatility of Jaime's role as a Western Tokusatsu superhero, one of the handful/first who existed before Western Tokusatsu takes started becoming popular), I love Action's take on Blue Beetle's appearance.

One thing I wish the show had done more of was give us more Blue Beetle/Jaime in general. Personally, at that point, I could have done with less Ronnie Raymond Firestorm focus, who was Action's adored younger hero (he got the most focus of the "Junior Leaguers" and was allowed to be in adventures by himself), and spread that love and focus into giving Jaime/Blue Beetle more screentime.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

They were great in Batman Brave and the Bold too.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    They were great in Batman Brave and the Bold too.
    Agreed!

Same for costume, too!

I consider myself a Ted fan.... but tbh I knew that at some point they'd make a BB movie (because, c'mon, he ticks so many of the right diversity boxes) and it would star Jaime. I don't mind, because I like Jaime, and I'm just glad it's happening at all. I just hope that at some point they can squeeze Ted in there too.
    The only problem is... Jaime quite obviously doesn't need Ted, not even as a supporting character. Plus, I like Jaime's supporting cast of his family and friends, and I think they work really well for the message and they make Jaime stand out (I mean, how many teen superheroes ARE able to balance their school and family life with being a superhero, without cutting anybody out?) So, while I love BB getting a movie, I know with a sad heart that Ted probably won't figure into it in any way.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eskana View Post
    I consider myself a Ted fan.... but tbh I knew that at some point they'd make a BB movie (because, c'mon, he ticks so many of the right diversity boxes) and it would star Jaime. I don't mind, because I like Jaime, and I'm just glad it's happening at all. I just hope that at some point they can squeeze Ted in there too.
    The only problem is... Jaime quite obviously doesn't need Ted, not even as a supporting character. Plus, I like Jaime's supporting cast of his family and friends, and I think they work really well for the message and they make Jaime stand out (I mean, how many teen superheroes ARE able to balance their school and family life with being a superhero, without cutting anybody out?) So, while I love BB getting a movie, I know with a sad heart that Ted probably won't figure into it in any way.
    He may not need Ted, but Ted could still appear. And is Jaime's supporting cast enough for a movie?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    He may not need Ted, but Ted could still appear. And is Jaime's supporting cast enough for a movie?
    Definitely, especially for an initial, origins story type movie.

Ted could pop up as Jamie's mentor. Sorta like what Bruce did for Terry back in Batman Beyond. Coincidentally both Terry and Jamie were voiced by Will Friedle.

Ted eventually retires from being the Blue Beetle so it fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Definitely! He has a really good supporting cast, from his family (parents and sister), to his friends (Paco, Brenda), love interests (Traci, Naomi), the bully (Joey), and the super powered allies (the posse). He also has some interesting villains to choose from (Black Beetle, The Reach, La Dama and her compound, Stopwatch, Short Timers). It’s all there!

Ultimate Member

Ok. I think I'd like to see both Beetles

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Justice League Action was underrated in general, but one of the superb things it showed was how well Blue Beetle could work with other heroes. Jaime's and Bruce's dynamic was excellent.

As part of how I'm of the opinion that you can't go wrong with adapting Jaime's Blue Beetle suit (highlighting the sheer versatility of Jaime's role as a Western Tokusatsu superhero, one of the handful/first who existed before Western Tokusatsu takes started becoming popular), I love Action's take on Blue Beetle's appearance.

One thing I wish the show had done more of was give us more Blue Beetle/Jaime in general. Personally, at that point, I could have done with less Ronnie Raymond Firestorm focus, who was Action's adored younger hero (he got the most focus of the "Junior Leaguers" and was allowed to be in adventures by himself), and spread that love and focus into giving Jaime/Blue Beetle more screentime.
    I can definitely see the Tokusatsu influence. Cully Hamner said he based the head armor design on a luchador mask. It was interesting that in Justice League Action the scarab armor didn’t show Jaime’s mouth and acted more like Spider-Man’s mask. The movie would probably save a good chunk of the CGI budget if they went with that look.

It would be amazing to see Jaime on the main Justice League roster someday. Like Naomi, he could be the junior member.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Definitely! He has a really good supporting cast, from his family (parents and sister), to his friends (Paco, Brenda), love interests (Traci, Naomi), the bully (Joey), and the super powered allies (the posse). He also has some interesting villains to choose from (Black Beetle, The Reach, La Dama and her compound, Stopwatch, Short Timers). It’s all there!
    Jaime has a awesome supporting cast. It was a big reason why his first series was so good. Loved the fact that his family knows he’s Blue Beetle. It made for some great dramatic and comedic moments.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-28-2021 at 07:09 PM.