Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Big Mom pirates might not be able to do much, since Katakuri stayed at Whole Cake with Oven and Perospero was defeated in Wano. Cracker isn't show to be on their ship either. The only sweet commander that is there is Smoothie. But how knows? Thankfuly that is no break next week.
    All of Big Mom's children are dangerous, not only the Sweet Commanders and not only the other Devil Fruit's users. Even the infant children of Big Mom are dangerous! We should make a count on the confirmed members of Big Mom's Pirates who went to Wano and what powers they have.

+ Perospero: He left the ship and was on the Onigashima's battle. He was defeated by Nekomamushi, and we don't know what happened to him after that. He was probably sent to Udon along with the other Beast Pirates defeated, and unless he escaped, he might have been a victim of Ryukuyu's power. We need confirmation if he's alive or not.

Now, about the ones who were still on Big Mom's ship:
    - Smoothie: The only remaining Sweet Commander, which makes her really strong, and has a Devil Fruit to extract juices out of anyone or anything.
    - Daifuru: He's one of the strongest Big Mom's Pirates, he's a Devil Fruit's user and he has the power to summon an powerful genie.
    - Galette: Devil Fruit's user that has the power to control butter to immobilize her enemies. She has a strong will, a great physical strength and uses a gatling gun.
    - Mont-d'Or: Devil Fruit's user with the ability to imprision anyone and anything inside books. He has a strong will and he's a deadly sniper.
    - Compote: Eldest daughter, and it's said her power matches that of Katakuri and Smoothie; even if she's not a Devil Fruit's user. She also have a strong will.
    - Snack: Not much is known about him, but he was a Sweet Commander before being defeated by Urouge; so we can assume he's still quite powerful.
    - Amande: No Devil Fruit, but powerful sworswoman and known as one of the deadliest members of Big Mom's Pirates.
    - Effilee: No Devil Fruit, but strong will and lethal gunner.
    - Broye: No Devil Fruit, but a very dangerous swordswoman.
    - Custard: No Devil Fruit, but strong will and a very strong swordswoman.
    - Raisin: No Devil Fruit, but powerful swordsman and Haki's user.
    - Angel: No Devil Fruit, but strong will and an excellent archer.
    - Kato: No Devil Fruit, but a stron will and a very dangerous swordsman.
    - Nusstorte: No much known, except he's an excellent sniper.
    - Basskarte: No much known, but he's quite strong and manipulates fire.
    - Dosmarche: No much known, but he's a very efficient swordsman.
    - Tablet: No much known, but's he's a good swordsman.
    - Mobile: No much known, except he's a good swordsman and gunner.
    - Cornstarch: No much known, except she has a strong will.
    - Flampe: One of Big Mom's youngest childs. She's not really powerful, but she knows how to hurt her enemies playing dirty.

With a group made of these individuals, I believe the Big Mom Pirates are powerful enough to be a problem to a fleet of Goverment's Ships; maybe even capable of resisting for a while the power of an Admiral.

I'm not about that powerscaling life, don't really care, but i don't think the Big Mom pirates are that impressive. The match up is more about who are in the navies ships.

But we'll see, i don't think we are about to see them right now anyways. They should be more worried in taking back Big Mom.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

So ends Wano.

It's a bit long, but the overall pacing was much better than Dressrosa, and the massive battle portion had some of the most epic moments in the entire series up to this point. I feel like this arc does a great job of showing how Luffy's matured as a leader, greatly helped by Momonosuke's own character arc acting as a bit of contrast. The Wano specific cast were overall terrific and some of the most engaging supporting characters we've seen from Oda, so I was ok with most of the Strawhats taking a bit of a backseat (except for their respective fights) here. Among the Strawhats (besides Luffy) I felt that Zoro, Jinbei and Robin stood out the most to me. Thinking about it I'm a bit disappointed that Zoro and Hiyori didn't get a farewell scene since they bonded quite a lot.

So yeah, great arc, easily the best since the timeskip. Now on to the final saga!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Personally, I'm pretty sure Carrot has sneaked on the Sunny and she's will officially join the crew as its look-out. There's another suspiction I have that I hope to be confirmed: If Kanjuro is really dead, that means his Devil Fruit must have reborn somewhere; and considering Carrot's artistic abilities, she would be an excellent user for the fruit.
    Carrot was just made into the the leader of the minks and she seems to have accepted that role. So despite many people expecting her to join the crew (I never really believed it myself) it doesn't seem like that will be the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    spoilers:
    While I'm not a Yamato Superfan, it is weird that he's staying behind after so much build up
    end of spoilers
    The chapter does make it quite clear that Yamato intends to join the crew after he's followed Oden's footstep around Wano so I definitely think he'll join up at a later point. It is a bit disappointing but maybe Oda felt that it was enough for Jinbei to join now and adding yet another crewmember would change the dynamic a bit too much too fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I'm not about that powerscaling life, don't really care, but i don't think the Big Mom pirates are that impressive. The match up is more about who are in the navies ships.

But we'll see, i don't think we are about to see them right now anyways. They should be more worried in taking back Big Mom.
    While I do think that the Big Mom pirates are quite powerful thanks in large part due to their numbers, I don't think that they'll be all that important to the story now. They've taken two massive losses, nobody really knows where Big Mom is (or if she's even alive) and their main forces are a bit scattered right now. So they've lost their main advantage of numbers and cohesion between those numbers.

Astonishing Member

Damn It!!! Why do have to take a week break with such a cliffhanger?! I want to know what the Hell really happened at the Reverie!!

Astonishing Member

Sorry for double posting, but no answers in months and people should comment the last events in One Piece's Manga.

1º) First of all, the metal plate that Jesus Burgess has on his face now makes him look like a cyborg. This almost confirms he's going to be Franky's opponent when the two crews finally engage each other.

2º) It seems Oda is going to use his designs of the Shichibukais as kids for the Seraphims, and I believe his designs for the TG Strawhats will be used in the future too. Trafalgar's appearance as woman, when he was affected by Doc Q's sickness, matches the design of Oda if he was affected by Emporio Ivankov's hormones. I think it will be interesting to see most of the Strawhats' reactions with their genders switched.

Extraordinary Member

I'm oddly disappointed with Burgess' DF ability. The strong-strong fruit makes him stronger. Not very impressive, but it's Oda so he might very well show something really creative.

I'm very interested in the possibility of a rematch between Lucci and Ruffy, and Zoro and Kaku as well. If that happens it'll probably be cut short, but it would be cool if it turns out that Ruffy and Zoro have both actually grown more than their old CP9 opponents.

The Seraphims are haunting little buggers. It'll be real interesting to see what the point of their designs was according to Vegapunk.

And finally, I'm glad we're getting to Bonney after such a long while. I've been interested in seeing her story since she got so many teasers before the timeskip.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'm oddly disappointed with Burgess' DF ability. The strong-strong fruit makes him stronger. Not very impressive, but it's Oda so he might very well show something really creative.

I'm very interested in the possibility of a rematch between Lucci and Ruffy, and Zoro and Kaku as well. If that happens it'll probably be cut short, but it would be cool if it turns out that Ruffy and Zoro have both actually grown more than their old CP9 opponents.

The Seraphims are haunting little buggers. It'll be real interesting to see what the point of their designs was according to Vegapunk.

And finally, I'm glad we're getting to Bonney after such a long while. I've been interested in seeing her story since she got so many teasers before the timeskip.
    My big issue with the Strong Strong Fruit is that it doesn't really change Burgess. He was already the strong guy. So it's just more of what he already was

What I'd like to with Lucci is for him to attack Vegapunk, then discover Luffy is there when he gets hit with some Conquerors Haki. Have him do a subdued oh crap face due to Luffy's new status. If there's an actual fight, that'd be great too, but I want Luffy's growth to be recognized by someone like Lucci, whose typically very calm

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    My big issue with the Strong Strong Fruit is that it doesn't really change Burgess. He was already the strong guy. So it's just more of what he already was

What I'd like to with Lucci is for him to attack Vegapunk, then discover Luffy is there when he gets hit with some Conquerors Haki. Have him do a subdued oh crap face due to Luffy's new status. If there's an actual fight, that'd be great too, but I want Luffy's growth to be recognized by someone like Lucci, whose typically very calm
    I agree with both of these.

Especially Ruffy and his strength getting a clear reaction from Lucci. It would actually be kinda fun to see Lucci and the other CP0 agents back away a bit and try to deal with the Staw Hats via subterfuge rather than direct battle. What with them being spies and all that.

I kinda want CP0 to get rolled by Luffy and CO. Its been awhile since we had a arc with them showing off. Fisherman island was the last if i'm not mistaken.

Unless Lucci and Kaku underwent some heavy training, there is no way they should keep up with the straw hats, especially the top four.

And i think Egghead island will be a short arc like Zou.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

It's very unlikely, considering Luffy is opposite to Blackbeard in almost anything; but just like Blackbeard's crew became captains on their own, do you think Luffy's crew will do the same when these two crews fight each other?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    It's very unlikely, considering Luffy is opposite to Blackbeard in almost anything; but just like Blackbeard's crew became captains on their own, do you think Luffy's crew will do the same when these two crews fight each other?
    Don't think so. The straw hats act more like a family and the grand fleet already serves this purpose.

Extraordinary Member

Saw the latest One Piece movie the other day. I found it to be a mixed bag.

spoilers:

Good:
    - I like how it goes for more of a musical character drama, with several splashes of action, over the usual action adventure nature of these movies. It's a fun turn.
    - The songs do all slap really hard.
    - Animation is cool as well, both the action scenes and musical numbers shine especially well.
    - Uta is... a very intriguing character in her own broken way. Seeing how she breaks down and finding out why is the most engaging aspect of the movie. These movies do have a pretty solid record with the focus characters.
    - It's just fun to see the Red Hair pirate actually do something instead of just scaring everybody away with their presence. Though they do get to do that too.
    - Surprisingly Blueno has an extended role that I found quite entertaining.
    - Weird one, but when the story tries to be unsettling it pulls it off really well. Uta's villainous turn and her master plan are terrifying and it makes her all the more memorable.

Bad:
    - The main issue with the movie is that it is REALLY stuffed to the brim with both characters and plot details. It is a lot to take in (almost too much), even for seasoned One Piece fans.
    - There are several big reveals that occur in quic succession and the audience have very little time to mull them over before it's time to move on to the next one.
    - There are so many characters running around doing stuff that I kinda understood the relevance of but mostly ended up as just pretty eye candy.
    - Since Uta is supposed to be a sympathetic character but the movie still needed an opponent to get beat up we get the demonic entity Tot Musica. It's a generic monster that says nothing, has a desig that I found a bit too goofy and it's just there for the massive character gallery to punch until the action quota has been filled. I found it a bit unengaging.
    - The vagueness of Uta's dream world was sometimes good to just get the plot moving, but other times I found myself questioning it a bit too much.
    end of spoilers

Overall, a fun movie with just a bit too much stuff going on. Uta is a great central character that helps the movie stand out. Of the One Piece movies I've seen I'd probably place in third place after Z and Strong World.

Definitely not the best One Piece movie, but not the worst. While i liked the movie, it would be a much better experience if they cut like 2 or 3 musics. There is not much of a story on this and it was kinda annoying that they filled the gap with so many musical numbers.

The climax of the movie was awesome tho. And there is a scene that it was not supposed to be funny but everybody in the theather laugh out loud.
    spoilers:
    Fugitora saying that they would capture Shanks crew just to backpadle after feeling his Haki
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member

So it wasn't a complete stomp, but Luffy was clearly taking Lucci to school quite easily. Then he just had more pressing matters to attend to.

I'm happy with that.