Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Eiichiro Oda's One Piece Discussion Lounge

-SPOILERS AHOY!-

Just preaching the word of the man, the myth, the legend, THE GOD HIMSELF, Eiichiro Oda and his opus; One Piece! Yes, it's incredibly long (900+ episodes and chapters) but it's possibly the greatest feat of consistent and masterful worldbuilding in contemporary graphic literature, period. AND YOU CAN @ ME ON THAT! New and wanna start? you can ask anything! if you have already read, Who are your favorite characters? favorite Devil Fruit? most hated arc? most hated character? favorite mystery? favorite theory? whatever! whether you're up to date, fell off, or just curious, let's discuss ONE PIECE!

East Blue Saga
    1-1. Romance Dawn Arc (Manga Chapters 1-7)
    1-2. Orange Town Arc (Manga Chapters 8-21)
    1-3. Syrup Village Arc (Manga Chapters 22-41)
    1-4. Baratie Arc (Manga Chapters 42-68)
    1-5. Arlong Park Arc (Manga Chapters 69-95)
    1-6. Loguetown Arc (Manga Chapters 96-100)

Alabasta Saga
    2-1. Reverse Mountain Arc (Manga Chapters 101-105)
    2-2. Whiskey Peak Arc (Manga Chapters 106-114)
    2-3. Little Garden Arc (Manga Chapters 115-129)
    2-4. Drum Island Arc (Manga Chapters 130-154)
    2-5. Alabasta Arc (Manga Chapters 130-154)

Sky Island Saga
    3-1. Jaya Arc (Manga Chapters 218-236)
    3-2. Skypiea Arc (Manga Chapters 237-302)

Water 7 Saga
    4-1. Long Ring Long Land Arc (Manga Chapters 303-321)
    4-2. Water Seven Arc (Manga Chapters 322-374)
    4-3. Enies Lobby Arc (Manga Chapters 375-430)
    4-4. Post-Enies Lobby Arc (Manga Chapters 431-441)

Thriller Bark Saga
    5-1. Thriller Bark Arc (Manga Chapters 442-489)

Summit War Saga
    6-1. Sabaody Archipelago Arc (Manga Chapters 490-513)
    6-2. Amazon Lily Arc (Manga Chapters 514-524)
    6-3. Impel Down Arc (Manga Chapters 525-549)
    6-4. Marineford Arc (Manga Chapters 550-580)
    6-5. Post-War Arc (Manga Chapters 581-597)

Fishman Island Saga
    7-1. Return to Sabaody Arc (Manga Chapters 598-602)
    7-2. Fishman Island Arc (Manga Chapters 603-653)

Dressrosa Saga
    8-1. Punk Hazard Arc (Manga Chapters 654-699)
    8-2. Dressrosa Arc (Manga Chapters 700-801)

Yonko Saga
    9-1. Zou Arc (Manga Chapters 802-824)
    9-2. Whole Cake Island Arc (Manga Chapters 825-902)
    9-3. Reverie Arc (Manga Chapters 903-908
    9-4. Wano Country Arc (Manga Chapters 909- )

---

Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-05-2021 at 11:31 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

Popping in to say happy birthday to the Eiichiro Oda who turned 46 years old today, and congratulations on the upcoming official release of chapter 1000 of his legendary adventure series.

One Piece has been brilliant for 999 chapters so far and I am excited to see what's left in store for us all.

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

All hail Oda! One Piece rules. I'm still an anime first guy for some nutty reason, even at 1 chapter or less per episode later on etc. But I love the manga (what I've read), and the cover chapter stories etc. And I may switch over to the manga sometime in the near future. I'm around episode 600.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageJudgeDredd View Post
    All hail Oda! One Piece rules. I'm still an anime first guy for some nutty reason, even at 1 chapter or less per episode later on etc. But I love the manga (what I've read), and the cover chapter stories etc. And I may switch over to the manga sometime in the near future. I'm around episode 600.
    be warned, this is a spoiler zone. it's mostly dead most if the time but discussion is allowed to be open and spoiler tags are not mandatory. just a warning ahead of time, because I, myself, may pop in and spoil. it's nice to see a newer One Piece fan! I've been following (primarily Manga) roughly since elementary school/middle school.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by SavageJudgeDredd View Post
    The problem with the anime is the pacing, after the timeskip Toei kept really close to the end of the source material to the point they were doing the same arc at the same time as Oda. So they had to adapt one chapter a episode so it takes too much time for the arc to build up.

So if the pacing is not a issue for you, keep watching the anime cause some things are done better there, but if it is just make the jump to the manga.

Oh, and Today was the official release of chapter 1000. Incredible feat for Oda.

Extraordinary Member

The 1000th chapter was amazing, doing a brilliant job of showing Luffy's growth, both as a character and in power. Really looking forward to this showdown.

Also, as a celebration of the 1000th chapter they've launched a global character poll, with voting going on until the end of Febuary, and people can vote once a day: https://onepiecewt100.com/en/

It's a fun idea and I look forward to seeing which characters come out on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    The 1000th chapter was amazing, doing a brilliant job of showing Luffy's growth, both as a character and in power. Really looking forward to this showdown.

Also, as a celebration of the 1000th chapter they've launched a global character poll, with voting going on until the end of Febuary, and people can vote once a day: https://onepiecewt100.com/en/

It's a fun idea and I look forward to seeing which characters come out on top.
    That's awesome! it's dope getting to be part of these fabled popularity polls! of course I went with the only responsible pick: Red-Hair Shanks

currently following:

Either Zoro or Luffy will be at the top. If i had to bet, i would bet Zoro.

I voted for Sanji, who is my favorite, if i could vote for one more would be Shanks too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Either Zoro or Luffy will be at the top. If i had to bet, i would bet Zoro.

I voted for Sanji, who is my favorite, if i could vote for one more would be Shanks too.
    You can vote once a day every and for different characters. So go ahead.

I myself will vote for my favorite secondary characters since Zoro or Luffy are bound to win.

I found out that you can actually see who is getting more votes from each day.
    https://onepiecewt100.com/en/world-hot-characters

It's basically the same thing for each day in mostly every region. Zoro first, Luffy Second, Sanji Third. I looked today and the only difference was Asia that has Luffy first, and Japan that has Law third.

No Suprise that Zoro is first around the globe, his is the most "kakkoii" character of all time. At least is good to see my boy Sanji getting a lot of love.

The only surprising thing for me was Law being third in Japan, since the last popularity poll Jump did Sanji had regain his third place from him.

Last edited by Drako; 01-08-2021 at 09:56 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Law is just super popular, so he's a credible threat to Sanji's third place.

What's really going to be interesting to is every spot after the top four when all is said and done.

Extraordinary Member

It's rather fun to keep track of the daily top three in the poll.

Most of the time it's Luffy, Zoro and Sanji in various formations with Law thrown in here and there.

But some days you'll see some alternate characters getting up in the top three spots. I've seen Hancock once, Buggy is currently up there for Europe and freaking Gedatsu was up there for one area at one point. The results will be interesting to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    It's rather fun to keep track of the daily top three in the poll.

Most of the time it's Luffy, Zoro and Sanji in various formations with Law thrown in here and there.

But some days you'll see some alternate characters getting up in the top three spots. I've seen Hancock once, Buggy is currently up there for Europe and freaking Gedatsu was up there for one area at one point. The results will be interesting to say the least.
    I saw Gedatsu too and could not belive hahaha

Extraordinary Member

Ooh, we're starting to see some interesting regional differences in the global One Piece popularity poll: https://onepiecewt100.com/en/world-hot-characters

Oceania has Zoro in first placed followed by Tonji of all characters in second place and Perona in third.

Nico Robin has reached the top three in North America, Latin America & the Caribbean and Africa (which also has Chopper in second place).

Meanwhile Nami is up to second place in the Middle East and Europe has Law in first place followed by Mihawk in second and Luffy at third.

Extraordinary Member

And the latest chapter is super awesome, with the battle beginning in earnest.

Luffy, Kidd and Law's interactions is the main selling point this week. They're all just so dumb and endearing together, and then they kick ass... until Kaido just shrugs it all off.

And Zoro shows off a new technique he got from Kinemon. Good stuff, good stuff.