Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

And in other news there's a new JRPG coming soon.

One Piece Odessey.

Looks cool.

Extraordinary Member

Love the idea that Luffy's ultimate power up is spoilers:
    becoming a cartoon
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Love the idea that Luffy's ultimate power up is spoilers:
    becoming a cartoon
    end of spoilers
    It will be interesting to see how much of a spoilers:
    toon forcer
    end of spoilers he'll be when all is said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    So...

spoilers:
    we just got a MAJOR reveal about Luffy's Devil Fruit and he's now more of a cartoon than ever before.
    end of spoilers

After being a bit hesitant about it and mulling it over, I've grown to rather like this development. Gonna be interesting to see how Oda handles this.
    I didn't like it at first. Not the reveal itself, that was fine, but the spoilers:
    cartoonish nature of the powers.
    end of spoilers

But right now i'm cool with it.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Oda will get a month break starting late June and then coming back July 25th. If anyone deserves a break, it's him.

And i just got the news that Berserk is coming back by Miura assistants and his best friends who knows the rest of the story. And that is HxH coming back, it will be a great year for manga.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Oda indeed deserve a break.

But it's a bit surreal. One Piece is indeed in its final act soon. Like, it's probably going to be a massive final arc given all the things that need to be resolved. But the journey will soon reach it's final phase.

Give it your all Oda-san! You can bring this home! But rest well first.

Also, here's a trailer for the new movie.

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

That movie looks great! And kudos to Oda, over 100 volumes strong.

I switched to the manga recently, and I'm around vol 70.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Oda will get a month break starting late June and then coming back July 25th. If anyone deserves a break, it's him.

And i just got the news that Berserk is coming back by Miura assistants and his best friends who knows the rest of the story. And that is HxH coming back, it will be a great year for manga.
    Nice to hear about Berserk. The greatest honour to Miura they can give is continuing his work and completing it. One of the benefits of having a manga studio collective in that his studio is completing it.

As for HxH? Togashi is like 30 or so chapters ahead. Someone asked him about it the start of last year about why it was taking so long for it to come back and he replied he didn't know as he had 20 odd chapters completed. That it was Jump who were withholding publishing them (probably waiting for a bigger lead of material to be finished).

Extraordinary Member

Official animated music video for the upcoming movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Nice to hear about Berserk. The greatest honour to Miura they can give is continuing his work and completing it. One of the benefits of having a manga studio collective in that his studio is completing it.

As for HxH? Togashi is like 30 or so chapters ahead. Someone asked him about it the start of last year about why it was taking so long for it to come back and he replied he didn't know as he had 20 odd chapters completed. That it was Jump who were withholding publishing them (probably waiting for a bigger lead of material to be finished).
    Really? 30 chapters ahead? That's crazy. Hopefully it will be released regularly.

About Berserk, everything i read about this situation feels right.
    Kouji Mori was friends with Miura since his childhood and a respected mangaka too. If you didn't read the one shot he made in honor of Miura, i strongly recommend. I'm also going to try Holyland, his most famous work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Official animated music video for the upcoming movie.

The music is awesome and her name is Oda backwards. lol Can't wait to see this movie.

After four years, Wano arc is finally over.
    It was a good arc, i feel like it's on par with Alabasta but not as good as Enies Lobby and Marineford. The biggest problem was the length of it.

Also, the revamp of the anime alone made this arc worth it.

spoilers:

I was right about most things that actually happened, like Momo shogun, but Yamato staying in Wano was something i didn't believe it. I thought we had got the next straw hat, but today's chapter clearly shows that's not the case.

end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:

While I'm not a Yamato Superfan, it is weird that he's staying behind after so much build up
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    spoilers:

While I'm not a Yamato Superfan, it is weird that he's staying behind after so much build up
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I like Yamato. It's weird, it sure looks like the crew was about to get bigger. I'm wonder if Oda changed his mind or if this was really something he intended to do.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Maybe Yamato will officially join the Straw Hats in a future island, similar to what happened with Jimbei; who first had to fix the problems on his homeland and then help Luffy's team to save Sanji and escape.

Personally, I'm pretty sure Carrot has sneaked on the Sunny and she's will officially join the crew as its look-out. There's another suspiction I have that I hope to be confirmed: If Kanjuro is really dead, that means his Devil Fruit must have reborn somewhere; and considering Carrot's artistic abilities, she would be an excellent user for the fruit.

Finally, I'm a little disappointed with the ending. I expected Luffy, Law and Kid's ships finding a lot of ships waiting for them to attack them.
    - We know the Goverment Ships had an encounter with Big Mon's ship right before the communications were cut. I highly doubt they destroyed each other, so there should be survivors waiting for the Straw Hats to come out of Wano. Pretty sure Big Mom's pirates sunk several of the Goverment Ships, and maybe forced the rest to retreat, although I doubt the Big Mom's Pirates didn't lose any of its number. Either by serious hurt or by being captured. Anyway, if they read the news of Big Mom's defeat, they would surely be waiting for the StrawHats to come out of Wano.
    - Shanks made Admiral Ryukuyu to leave Wano, but I highly doubt he desisted on his goal. He could be waiting for Luffy outside of Wano too. If he encountered Big Mom's pirates too, then maybe he managed to capture them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Maybe Yamato will officially join the Straw Hats in a future island, similar to what happened with Jimbei; who first had to fix the problems on his homeland and then help Luffy's team to save Sanji and escape.

Personally, I'm pretty sure Carrot has sneaked on the Sunny and she's will officially join the crew as its look-out. There's another suspiction I have that I hope to be confirmed: If Kanjuro is really dead, that means his Devil Fruit must have reborn somewhere; and considering Carrot's artistic abilities, she would be an excellent user for the fruit.

Finally, I'm a little disappointed with the ending. I expected Luffy, Law and Kid's ships finding a lot of ships waiting for them to attack them.
    - We know the Goverment Ships had an encounter with Big Mon's ship right before the communications were cut. I highly doubt they destroyed each other, so there should be survivors waiting for the Straw Hats to come out of Wano. Pretty sure Big Mom's pirates sunk several of the Goverment Ships, and maybe forced the rest to retreat, although I doubt the Big Mom's Pirates didn't lose any of its number. Either by serious hurt or by being captured. Anyway, if they read the news of Big Mom's defeat, they would surely be waiting for the StrawHats to come out of Wano.
    - Shanks made Admiral Ryukuyu to leave Wano, but I highly doubt he desisted on his goal. He could be waiting for Luffy outside of Wano too. If he encountered Big Mom's pirates too, then maybe he managed to capture them.
    Big Mom pirates might not be able to do much, since Katakuri stayed at Whole Cake with Oven and Perospero was defeated in Wano. Cracker isn't show to be on their ship either. The only sweet commander that is there is Smoothie. But how knows? Thankfuly that is no break next week.