Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    And the latest chapter is super awesome, with the battle beginning in earnest.

Luffy, Kidd and Law's interactions is the main selling point this week. They're all just so dumb and endearing together, and then they kick ass... until Kaido just shrugs it all off.

And Zoro shows off a new technique he got from Kinemon. Good stuff, good stuff.
    latest chapter was solid, I loved the interactions between Law, Kid, and Luffy. I love how when Kid is around it brings out that competitive spirit in all of them, it's been too long since Law felt like a legitimate rival to Luffy. I really need Kid and Killer to put out some solid showings in this fight. Osa has been making Kid mirror Luffy since his intro, I need to see him earn his spot as one of the monster trio of the Supernovas.

the moment i saw Kinemon use the flame slash move in Punk Hazard for the first time, I knew Zoro was gonna eventually use it too one day; it was glorious. Killer better have some trick in his bag too, he already took an L to zoro as Kamazou (which I'm willing to overlook due to distress and now having his gear) but he can't also let Zoro show him up the whole match either.

between this fight, starting the year off with chapter 1000, and Shanks finally making his move this year; 2021 is looking like it's gonna be a crazy year for One Piece.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    latest chapter was solid, I loved the interactions between Law, Kid, and Luffy. I love how when Kid is around it brings out that competitive spirit in all of them, it's been too long since Law felt like a legitimate rival to Luffy. I really need Kid and Killer to put out some solid showings in this fight. Osa has been making Kid mirror Luffy since his intro, I need to see him earn his spot as one of the monster trio of the Supernovas.

the moment i saw Kinemon use the flame slash move in Punk Hazard for the first time, I knew Zoro was gonna eventually use it too one day; it was glorious. Killer better have some trick in his bag too, he already took an L to zoro as Kamazou (which I'm willing to overlook due to distress and now having his gear) but he can't also let Zoro show him up the whole match either.

between this fight, starting the year off with chapter 1000, and Shanks finally making his move this year; 2021 is looking like it's gonna be a crazy year for One Piece.
    Yeah, Kid and Killer really need the most time to shine here as they've never really gotten a chance to do so. Meanwhile Luffy's broken a city in half, Zoro sliced up Pica's Oars sized golem and Law cut up a mountain. Sanji is similarly in need of a big feat like that, but at least he has prior showings to fall back on.

Another thing I'm really looking forward to in this fight is when Kaido busts out his hybrid form. That's bound to look really cool.

It has been a great year's start for the series. And since a lot of it will probably go towards taking down two of the Yonko, it might be best to view it as the start of the end. We've probably got a lot left to look forward to. But there's not much higher to after Kaido and Big Mom are beaten.

was having some fun and decided to make a One Piece style pirate crew using DC characters. complete with wanted posters and, true to Oda style, the bounty numbers are references. I had to make certain rules for who i could pick, so the team is kinda grabbag-y since i also decided to go with crew role and personal interest in the characters over established dynamics; they'll be nakama, in time, anyway .

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

the pre-release scans have dropped: chapter 1002, Emperors vs The New Generation.

this is a straight up action chapter! it looks like Enma is a monster of a sword, it spooked both of the Yonko. I think it's due to having Oden's spirit, it's forcing out the Haki in Zoro to attack with the force of Oden; which i why he's so exhausted when he uses it. I don't think he's gonna truly master it this battle. I think he won't have perfect control until he makes his other swords permanently black.

I am hella hyped to see Killer finally in action. he has sonic blade attacks! that **** was cold, I think he really might have beat Zoro earlier if he has his blades (although I think it'd be a high-diff dub for zoro if he had 3 swords). Kid is a savage but I'm kinda underwhelmed with his performance so far. I'm not feeling the slam attack, that couldn't possibly be hurting Kaido so he's doing the absolute least out of everyone here. c'mon Kid, get on your Magneto **** bro.

ngl, Big Mom is putting in work. she dropped ALL of the Supernovas. if Luffy didn't have type advantage, he'd be dropped too. Big Mom appears to have a better battle sense/fight IQ than Kaido, but it could just be because everyone is aiming for Kaido so she's more free to assess and move more tactically.

solid hype chapter, Supernovas are doing their thing but they aren't really pushing the Yonko yet. we're probably gonna jump away from the action soon.

currently following:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    the pre-release scans have dropped: chapter 1002, Emperors vs The New Generation.

this is a straight up action chapter! it looks like Enma is a monster of a sword, it spooked both of the Yonko. I think it's due to having Oden's spirit, it's forcing out the Haki in Zoro to attack with the force of Oden; which i why he's so exhausted when he uses it. I don't think he's gonna truly master it this battle. I think he won't have perfect control until he makes his other swords permanently black.

I am hella hyped to see Killer finally in action. he has sonic blade attacks! that **** was cold, I think he really might have beat Zoro earlier if he has his blades (although I think it'd be a high-diff dub for zoro if he had 3 swords). Kid is a savage but I'm kinda underwhelmed with his performance so far. I'm not feeling the slam attack, that couldn't possibly be hurting Kaido so he's doing the absolute least out of everyone here. c'mon Kid, get on your Magneto **** bro.

ngl, Big Mom is putting in work. she dropped ALL of the Supernovas. if Luffy didn't have type advantage, he'd be dropped too. Big Mom appears to have a better battle sense/fight IQ than Kaido, but it could just be because everyone is aiming for Kaido so she's more free to assess and move more tactically.

solid hype chapter, Supernovas are doing their thing but they aren't really pushing the Yonko yet. we're probably gonna jump away from the action soon.
    We do know that swords in One Piece can have sort of spirits in them and with what we know now I think it's likely that spirit is sort of a imprint from the former user putting so much of themselves, specifically their haki, into the sword. It's probably extra true for Enma which actively drains haki from the weilder. Right now Zoro can probably use it for singular strong attacks, rather than continuous use. But anything that can hurt Kaido will be of help.

I did like Kid's reaction to Kaido messing up his the metal he brought with him. It's trash anyway so why should he care if it's damaged. I doubt that's like going to start messing with the electromagnetic spectrum or anything, but he does need to step up his game. Imbue that scrap with some armament haki to do some real damage. But to be fair, they all need to do better. They're hurting Kaido, but not really doing any serious injury to him. Zoro was probably the closest, but Kaido was smart enough to dodge that.

Big Mom is taking advantage of the fact that Kaido is more of a brawler than she is. Using him as a meat shield while she sits in the sky and unleashes lightning strikes that probably surpasses Eneru's attacks. If the worst generation are gonna win this then they need to split their focus a bit more. Leaving Big Mom alone is not a smart move.

I doubt that we'll leave the action entirely anytime soon. There're plenty of battles going on that deserve attention as well.

I liked this week chapter, but didn't care much for it. I'm more interested in the other fights going on.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

I've seen some say that Zoro cutting off the horn is comparable to Madara's mountain cut

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I liked this week chapter, but didn't care much for it. I'm more interested in the other fights going on.
    There are too many points in this story and too many characters to keep track. They will probably just show the victors for each at some point, just like during the Island of the Fisherman.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    There are too many points in this story and too many characters to keep track. They will probably just show the victors for each at some point, just like during the Island of the Fisherman.
    Each battle on Fishman Island was shown in full to the audience. They were shorter battles than usual to display the Strawhats' new powers and abilities, but we saw all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I doubt it. There is no way we going to see two yonkou commanders being KO'd off screen. There is too much build up for Oda just to discard them like nothing.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

has anyone read the Ace spin-off? I don't think the translation for chapter 2 is out but the images from the Japanese release are circulating. Boichi's art got Shanks looking godly!

currently following:

I thought Ace spin-off was a One-shot, good to know there is more.
    Boichi made them look like members of the Tsukasa army from his book, Dr. Stone.

Today's chapter basically confirmed that we will see the other fights unfold.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Today's chapter basically confirmed that we will see the other fights unfold.
    Which honestly was pretty obvious to be honest.

This is a massive fight for the strawhats. We need to see all of the shine against one of the strongest pirate crews in the world.

As for the chapter itself. There was a nice back and forth in the main battle, with Zoro and Kaido's dueling twisters being my favourite part. Luffy's out of it for a bit now so the other four have to pick his slack as Kaido's about to unveil his half-beast form.

And CP0 is here to be creepy and myserious.

People of reddit made this site that tracks and gather data of the popular characters from each area every day in the Global poll. This does not represent the total number of votes.

Interesting to see Yamato and Carrot so high.

http://67.205.178.245:8075/opdatabase/polls_all

As written on the image, please note that these are not the official vote results. This is simply a compilation of data of how frequently characters have appeared in the "hot" section of the official popularity poll site, which indicates what characters are "hot", or popular at the moment, in that specific region during a specific hour based on a specific algorythm. So while these could be generally indicative of overall popularity and could be not too different from the final results, please take these still as just general ideas and not hard numbers. These were also taken as of February 7th, so the data could all change in the coming days.

And of course, please note that this is not an official image. The data was obtained from this site which has catalogued all the hot rankings: http://67.205.178.245:8075/opdatabase/rankings#total, created by Discord user jugol, and the graphic was designed by me!

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/co..._poll_top_hot/
    https://twitter.com/newworldartur/st...13340875247618
    Last edited by Drako; 02-09-2021 at 02:53 PM.