Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Never been a debate since the timeskip, Oda already shown that Zoro is stronger. I don't care for Zoro and Sanji is my favorite Straw hat, but i'm pretty okay with this, Sanji's goal as never to be the strongest and that's something Zoro strives to be.

However it's impossible to have a civil conversation about this topic in the internet on One Piece dedicated foruns, cause the fanboys of either side are very toxic.
    I was on the fence until the most recent chapters. Zoro mostly fought scrubs post-time skip with the exception of Pica and it wasn't until Wano that he got pushed to the limits. Sanji got thrown against the likes of Vergo and Doflamingo; characters whose powers were specifically a bad match for him.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I think Oda commented on this himself during Whole Cake Island arc when Judge and his family thought Sanji had zero value because he wasn't a fighter, only for Sanji to prove them wrong. A lot of fans don't realize that they are being like Judge when they are acting like Sanji's useless as a fighter. The arc itself didn't even involve the usual 'fighters' of the crew sans Luffy and Jinbei. I've been in those debates myself where people thought Sanji and by extension Nami, Ussop, Chopper and Brook had no value because they weren't top tier fighters. WCI is one of my favorite arcs because it feels like Oda wrote it just to prove the haters wrong. lol
    People who think like this must be reading another manga, cause that no way they're reading One Piece.

Sanji has the number three going on for him in everything, so being the third strongest of the monster trio to me is fitting. I'm sure he is going to fight Queen so i'm pretty hype about that.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Why Queen? Isn't Jack more likely?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Why Queen? Isn't Jack more likely?
    Just a warning, my post here is a spoiler from the manga.

Cause Queen was shown to know Judge, i don't think that line of him recognizing Sanji as Judge's son was there without a purpose. And Jack is fighting Inuarashi, and i think that is their final match.
    Last edited by Drako; 05-01-2021 at 05:30 PM.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Top 20 of the popularity poll worldwide.

Didn't expect Nami to be in third, but i'm fine with this.

Extraordinary Member

where did Franky and Brooke rank?

where did Franky and Brooke rank?
    Brook 26th and Franky 28th place.
    The full results are here: https://twitter.com/newworldartur/st...32856894427145

https://thenewspocket.com/one-piece-beats-batman/

Forgot to post about this! One Piece's worldwide sales reached 490 million units, surpassing Batman's (at around 480 million) to become the second best selling comic series of all time; behind Superman (at 600 million). This is quite literally Greatest Of All Time activity! With One Piece (and manga as a whole) place in global popular culture growing more and more pronounce, the manga reaching it's most exciting heights recently, and the anime being better and more popular than it's ever been, I think it's more that possible we could see One Piece overtaking Superman and becoming the best selling comic series of all time by the end of the series. Imagine this series ending with Luffy as King of the Pirates and One Piece as the King of the Comics!

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I think the most impressive thing about this is that 400 million of those units comes from Japan alone in 24 years span, while Batman is a 80 year old character and in an much bigger country and has more appeal worldwide.

Goes to shown how much of a cultural phenomenon One Piece is in Japan.

In other news, Wano keeps being awesome.

Extraordinary Member

The One Piece anime is almost at 1000 episodes.

It's crazy and well-earned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

The One Piece anime is almost at 1000 episodes.

It's crazy and well-earned.
    Well-earned indeed. After 100 volumes of the manga and 1000 episodes of the anime, it's safe to say this is my favorite manga of all time. Can't wait to buy volume 100 here, we are currently at 99.

Wano also is currently delivering so much hype for my boy Sanji.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Well-earned indeed. After 100 volumes of the manga and 1000 episodes of the anime, it's safe to say this is my favorite manga of all time. Can't wait to buy volume 100 here, we are currently at 99.

Wano also is currently delivering so much hype for my boy Sanji.
    I do hope that Sanji doesn't get a power-up based on Judge's experiments from this (which certainly does seem to be the angle that Oda is going in). Though I was shocked that he actually went as far as destroying his raid suit. I rather liked that as an euipment based power-up for Sanji, but he is working hard to cut his ties withthe Vinsmok family so I understand why it has to go.

Though I'm not as disappointed a Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I do hope that Sanji doesn't get a power-up based on Judge's experiments from this (which certainly does seem to be the angle that Oda is going in). Though I was shocked that he actually went as far as destroying his raid suit. I rather liked that as an euipment based power-up for Sanji, but he is working hard to cut his ties withthe Vinsmok family so I understand why it has to go.

Though I'm not as disappointed a Queen.
    What i like about the raidsuit is that it makes him look cool. Other than that, i don't really care. And by the sfx in the last page of the last chapter, he is capable to be invisible without the raid suit now.

I'm satisfeid his current arc. He'll stay with the power-up of his body (exoskeleton and stuff) for sure, but he will also keep his emotions intact, which is the biggest accomplishment of Sora's sacrifice, that won't change.

And Judge views him as a failure more cause of his emotions than anything else. In Wholecake he was strong enought to beat Yonji's ass without any enhancement, so power wasn't the issue.

Judge says to Luffy:

"Sanji is Germa's failure. His skin doesn't work as a shield. He works as a cook because he has no pride in his royal blood! He is easily moved like an idiot and his soft mind makes him put his life on the line for the weak!"

"A failed soldier who is far from perfect. That is all he is."

By keeping his feelings and being stronger than his sibilings he'll be what perfect Germa soldier should to be, much for the distaste of his awful father.

Extraordinary Member

Cast of the Live Action Netflix show has been announced
    https://twitter.com/onepiecenetflix/...92148642234371

Cast of the Live Action Netflix show has been announced
    https://twitter.com/onepiecenetflix/...92148642234371
    Cool. I don't know what to expect, One Piece might be the most difficult show to adapt into Live Action, but i'm open to see what they have in store.