Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

I'm...actually really proud of how cool the OP fandom is mostly being about this. Especially on twitter.

As for the casting itself, I don't have too many complaints. I think it's funny that the guy playing Usopp looks WAY more like Usopp's dad (which, I guess would still make sense lol).

I need to actually see the guys playing Sanji and Zoro in costume because so far....I'm just not seeing it. Especially Sanji. Cuz right now, that dude looks more like a dead ringer for Enel.

Then there's Emily Rudd as Nami....She's fucking perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm...actually really proud of how cool the OP fandom is mostly being about this. Especially on twitter.

As for the casting itself, I don't have too many complaints. I think it's funny that the guy playing Usopp looks WAY more like Usopp's dad (which, I guess would still make sense lol).

I need to actually see the guys playing Sanji and Zoro in costume because so far....I'm just not seeing it. Especially Sanji. Cuz right now, that dude looks more like a dead ringer for Enel.

Yeah, Nami casting is perfect.

The actor for Zoro is the final Rurouni Kenshin movie, he plays Enishi, so he has experience with Katanas.

Sanji's actor looks like Eminem right now, but he has a picture on his imdb with what i think is a wig and he kinda looks the part. But Sanji is actually the easiest to adapt, i think he will look fine.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    What i like about the raidsuit is that it makes him look cool. Other than that, i don't really care. And by the sfx in the last page of the last chapter, he is capable to be invisible without the raid suit now.

I'm satisfeid his current arc. He'll stay with the power-up of his body (exoskeleton and stuff) for sure, but he will also keep his emotions intact, which is the biggest accomplishment of Sora's sacrifice, that won't change.

And Judge views him as a failure more cause of his emotions than anything else. In Wholecake he was strong enought to beat Yonji's ass without any enhancement, so power wasn't the issue.

Judge says to Luffy:

"Sanji is Germa's failure. His skin doesn't work as a shield. He works as a cook because he has no pride in his royal blood! He is easily moved like an idiot and his soft mind makes him put his life on the line for the weak!"

"A failed soldier who is far from perfect. That is all he is."

By keeping his feelings and being stronger than his sibilings he'll be what perfect Germa soldier should to be, much for the distaste of his awful father.
    My point is that I'd prefer it if Sanji didn't suddenly get extra super powers from Judge's experiments. He's already been plenty strong enough without them and it's more poignant if he kept on doing what he does without ever getting those powers that Judge intended for him. I get that the raid suit might've kickstarted a delayed effect from those experiments which is why I'm ok with it being gone even it does indeed look cool and he could've had Franky and Usopp mod it to fit his Mr. Prince persona he's used for a few of his more devious actions.

So I'm hoping that this is an all or nothing case. Either he gets added super powers but no emotions or he keeps his emotions but doesn't get the added super powers, and he obviously chooses the second because that's the healthy option and what Luffy and the rest of the crew would prefer.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post

When it comes to live action One Piece I think it's perfectly possible to get solid and convincing performances, with slight variations on the characters since that's almost a necessity for such an adaption. So I'm ok with the casting, they all look fine.

It's the visual that's going to be the major hurdle for this project to overcome. One Piece is so cartoony that imagining it in live action is something I just can't do.

I certainly hope that they pull it off and that I'll be positively surprised. But it's going to be a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    My point is that I'd prefer it if Sanji didn't suddenly get extra super powers from Judge's experiments. He's already been plenty strong enough without them and it's more poignant if he kept on doing what he does without ever getting those powers that Judge intended for him. I get that the raid suit might've kickstarted a delayed effect from those experiments which is why I'm ok with it being gone even it does indeed look cool and he could've had Franky and Usopp mod it to fit his Mr. Prince persona he's used for a few of his more devious actions.

So I'm hoping that this is an all or nothing case. Either he gets added super powers but no emotions or he keeps his emotions but doesn't get the added super powers, and he obviously chooses the second because that's the healthy option and what Luffy and the rest of the crew would prefer.
    There is zero chance of him losing his emotions, thats given. He already choose that he is not going to be a emotionless cyborg when he destroyed the raid suit.
    I also don't think Oda will discard his powers after put so much effort on it. The most likely outcome is him keep both powers and emotions.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Yo!!! Next movie will focus on Shanks! At least it seems to be that way.

So I decided to go back, for the first time since I picked this story up as a child, to the beginning of One Piece and reread the series. I don't know if I forgot or if I didn't fully appreciate it before but this man, this story, some of these arcs just hit different. I was enjoying it, I found little things here and there in Orange Town, Syrup Village, and the Baratie arcs that I was more impressed with but then I hit Arlong Park; Arlong Park was beyond amazing! I remember enjoying Arlong Park a lot as a kid but man I didn't realize just how good that arc was. rereading it makes me appreciate Nami so much more. I'm so excited to see the rest of this story with fresh eyes
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I just finished Drum Island; Arlong Park is my favorite arc so far still but man this arc was a doozy. I cried twice. ranking so far I'll say:

1. Arlong Park
    2. Drum Island
    3. Whiskey Peak
    4. Baratie
    5. Lougetown
    6. Little Garden
    7. Romance Dawn
    8. Orange Town
    9. Syrup Village
    10. Reverse Mountain
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-01-2022 at 10:16 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Extraordinary Member

What's you're ranking of the villains and Strawhats so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    What's you're ranking of the villains and Strawhats so far?
    I'm gonna try to look at it from the perspective of who's in the story at this point of my re-readthrough:

villains:
    1. Arlong
    2. Baroque Works operatives
    3. Smoker
    4. Wapol
    5. Buggy
    6. Kuro
    7. Don Kreig
    8. Alvida
    9. Morgans

straw hats it's a little harder to limit my perspective, considering how long I've read them, but I'll just rank them based on who is on the crew at the point I'm at in the story now, and based on how much more i've come to appreciate based on this readthrough:

Nami - Nami's story and development from her intro to Arlong Park and even into Drum Island has been amazing. I love Nami now, and her bond with Luffy is super underrated.

Chopper - I must have skipped reading Choppers intro and only seen clips from the anime or something because I don't remember Chopper's introduction hitting me so hard. Drum Island broke my heart. I'd kill for Chopper now.

Luffy - Luffy was already one of my favorite characters of all time. seeing young Luffy's development again and being able to compare it to where he is now has been such a trip. would be #1 if this was just based on who I like overall.

Zoro - still one of the hardest ****** in the game and i love remembering he was always a straight up demon.

Sanji - this read through ain't done much for my love of Sanji, yet, but if these was based on overall character rankings he'd be higher because of the Whole Cake Island arc.

Usopp - I still don't like Usopp but I am being reminded that originally I was rooting for him when I was growing up. revisiting Dressrosa will probably be the biggest test for my Usopp tolerance.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-02-2022 at 09:54 AM.

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    So I decided to go back, for the first time since I picked this story up as a child, to the beginning of One Piece and reread the series. I don't know if I forgot or if I didn't fully appreciate it before but this man, this story, some of these arcs just hit different. I was enjoying it, I found little things here and there in Orange Town, Syrup Village, and the Baratie arcs that I was more impressed with but then I hit Arlong Park; Arlong Park was beyond amazing! I remember enjoying Arlong Park a lot as a kid but man I didn't realize just how good that arc was. rereading it makes me appreciate Nami so much more. I'm so excited to see the rest of this story with fresh eyes
    You been reading since you were a child? That's cool. I watched a bunch anime as a child in 90s, like Saint Seiya, Yuyu Hakusho, Shurato, Yoroiden Samurai Troopers, Dragon Ball and so on, but when One Piece came here on Cartoon Network, dubbed from the 4kids version, with the rap and everything, i never payed much attention.

In high school i was watching even more anime so i tried One Piece, got at the end Syrup Village and droped. Not until College in 2010 that a friend recommended me to keep watching and thank god i listen to him. It's my favorite shonen manga of all time.

One Piece didn't picked up here in Brasil until recently, but it's pretty popular right now.

I have all the manga collected here and i plain to reread everything when it ends.

Law this chapter, when you take into consideration everything he's done and set in motion since the timeskip, has made a case for why he deserves to be part of the yonko tier for the next generation of pirates. the man is absolutely GOAT'd!

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    You been reading since you were a child? That's cool. I watched a bunch anime as a child in 90s, like Saint Seiya, Yuyu Hakusho, Shurato, Yoroiden Samurai Troopers, Dragon Ball and so on, but when One Piece came here on Cartoon Network, dubbed from the 4kids version, with the rap and everything, i never payed much attention.

In high school i was watching even more anime so i tried One Piece, got at the end Syrup Village and droped. Not until College in 2010 that a friend recommended me to keep watching and thank god i listen to him. It's my favorite shonen manga of all time.

One Piece didn't picked up here in Brasil until recently, but it's pretty popular right now.

I have all the manga collected here and i plain to reread everything when it ends.
    I first got put onto One Piece like late elementary school, in the mid to late 2000s, and have been following week to week since middle school; I practically grew up on it. i imagine One Piece for me is like how some people in America see Star Wars, that level of pop cultural reverence.

currently following:

I first got put onto One Piece like late elementary school, in the mid to late 2000s, and have been following week to week since middle school; I practically grew up on it. i imagine One Piece for me is like how some people in America see Star Wars, that level of pop cultural reverence.
    Oh, so we kinda got into One Piece kinda around the same time, i'm just older than you. Late 2000s i was finishing High school.

Law this chapter, when you take into consideration everything he's done and set in motion since the timeskip, has made a case for why he deserves to be part of the yonko tier for the next generation of pirates. the man is absolutely GOAT'd!

Yeah, he is around Yonko level. His crew tho, not even close.

But i don't think the world will have the same structure after Wano. The world government already banned the Shichibukai and they would be pretty happy without the Yonko too, by what CP0 have been talking. And the Strawhats will change the establishement, so it would make sense for their new world to not be based on the old one.

By the end of the series i don't think we going to have Yonko and the marines will be reformed with Coby and Smoker at the top.

But... Big News Morgan might proclaimn Law and Kidd as the new Yonko like he did with Luffy, since after the Onigashima raid the two most notorious will be defeated.

What you guys think we are headed after Wano? Maybe It's finally time for Elbaf?

Extraordinary Member

So...

spoilers:
    we just got a MAJOR reveal about Luffy's Devil Fruit and he's now more of a cartoon than ever before.
    end of spoilers

After being a bit hesitant about it and mulling it over, I've grown to rather like this development. Gonna be interesting to see how Oda handles this.