Page 95 of 133 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1989
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Can Scarlett Johansson be cast as Zatanna?
    I want her to play another comic character.
    nah make her a bad guy
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/tala/4005-29591/

Terry Dodson

What are everyones

-worst fears

-best case scenario

for the upcoming movie?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    What are everyones

-worst fears
    Constantine: The Movie (guest-starring some magic lady who says stuff backwards)

-best case scenario
    Dethrones Harley as DC’s other prominent female character.
    Last edited by Gaius; 09-05-2021 at 09:25 PM.

What are everyones

-worst fears

-best case scenario

for the upcoming movie?
    Worst fears : The fight scenes, her best fights in comic is arguably great for the end of JLD or Second/Third movie after She developing her power. I think I once saw some writer say its kinda hard to write her fight. Hopefully they let her use many other forms of magic or enchanted items/weapons to supplement her backward magic.

Best case scenario : Well She written by a prominent Female and in an era of better female character potrayal. I believe the film could be a great movie and gain a moderate financial success after the COVID drop (hopefully)
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 09-05-2021 at 10:03 PM.

What are everyones

-worst fears

-best case scenario

for the upcoming movie?
    Worst fears-
    Be like Captain Marvel. Even though it performed really good at the box office, it made half the internet hate CM. I don't care about any real world politics. I just want a good movie that pleases the maximum audience without intentionally angering some group.

Best case scenario
    There are some directors that are so talented that they make any movie a masterpiece. Though most of them prefer to write their own movies, I'd be so happy if some like Edgar wright gets to work on Zatanna. His style is so unique and so great that he's constantly putting out 8/10 star movies.

Worst fears
    It's a really bad movie that bombs and DC/WB decide Zatanna isn't popular enough to be in the spotlight.

Best-case scenario

It's a great movie that catapults Zatanna even further into the mainstream and DC/WB decides she's worthy of having more projects.

Honestly I care more that having an HBO Max project means hopefully we’ll get more comic stuff for her, preferably a solo mini. If you’re worried about them putting her and Constantine together let me just rip that band-aid off now: it is absolutely going to happen. They are definitely getting together in the inevitable JLD miniseries that I’m sure is coming.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Honestly I care more that having an HBO Max project means hopefully we’ll get more comic stuff for her, preferably a solo mini. If you’re worried about them putting her and Constantine together let me just rip that band-aid off now: it is absolutely going to happen. They are definitely getting together in the inevitable JLD miniseries that I’m sure is coming.
    As long as Constantine isn't in her solo and they get her character right, I guess that's forgivable. And they don't stick Zee with a bunch of problematic tropes.

Boisterously Confused

Worst: They get a creative team that doesn't understand her, trying either to overemphasize her sexy playfulness, or completely excise it in trying to portray her knowledge and strength.

Best: They get a creative team that treats her most classic elements respectfully, without taking themselves too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Worst: They get a creative team that doesn't understand her, trying either to overemphasize her sexy playfulness, or completely excise it in trying to portray her knowledge and strength.

Best: They get a creative team that treats her most classic elements respectfully, without taking themselves too seriously.
    I can see them excising it to make her this gloomy, tragic, and mentally unstable magic character, which is what I'm worried about.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can see them excising it to make her this gloomy, tragic, and mentally unstable magic character, which is what I'm worried about.
    I just wish they bring back Jeff Sloane as her manager/love interest. Zatanna should have someone special who treats her right. Not like Constantine whose had many love interest through his life and treats Zee like another one.

Constantine was her boyfriend who got her father killed and now they are just friends. Zee was angry at him first but then realized he was only trying to help so she forgave him . That should be it. Forcing a romance between them is really unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Solo mini? Pass. I want a full scale ongoing. Cross overs, annuals, the works which realizes the character's full potential.

Also the band aid was off a long time ago. We're just ignoring the blisters. :P

The only thing that gives me hope about the movie is Emerald Fannell being the writer. She could elevate the character into something better than what we usually get in JLD. The only thing that makes me nervous is the shadow JJ Abrams being over it. I think I'm more excited for Black Canary even though I like Zee more.

The worst case scenario would be Zatanna being turned into an original character with no resemblance to her comic book counterpart or they just have her be a generic goth girl who is emotionally dependent on Constantine, can't control her powers, no skills outside of magic, helpless damsel in distress, has to step aside to let someone else shine, a few 'girl power' moments but then largely sitting on the sidelines, needing Constantine to keep her powers in check or she might lose control like in the Nu52 movies, Giovanni getting villainized, they lean too hard into horror in an effort to differentiate from Marvel and worst of all, mind wipes.

The best case scenario would be Zatanna's whole history being utilized for the movie (for cripes sake she was around for 21 years before Constantine was created), she's portrayed as clever able to use a mix of real magic and stage magic, can fight even without magic, her supporting characters (Zachary, Mickey, Misty, Jeff Sloan) are all included, Zee is the 'light' in a dark magical world and the magical world itself is a balance of light and dark, Giovanni is good father and a positive influence in her life (no shady business) and maybe Sindella and the Hidden City gets some use as well.

I think done right, a Zatanna movie or tv show has a lot of potential to be successful. I think Hollywood is still trying to crack the 'female superhero journey'. Zatanna, in her early days, went from a girl searching for her father to becoming the second most powerful member of the League and the go-to person for all magical threats. Even though the execution was kind of rough for it's time, I think there is a lot of potential there if the story could be updated for the modern day.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    I just wish they bring back Jeff Sloane as her manager/love interest. Zatanna should have someone special who treats her right. Not like Constantine whose had many love interest through his life and treats Zee like another one.

Constantine was her boyfriend who got her father killed and now they are just friends. Zee was angry at him first but then realized he was only trying to help so she forgave him . That should be it. Forcing a romance between them is really unbearable.
    "I have feelings for the man who got my loving father killed."- said no woman ever.

I'm partial to Blue Devil these days.

Aside from how she grabs his horns to kiss him I think the pair has potential. Problem with Constantine and Zatanna is that the former becomes the 'brains' and the latter becomes 'brawn'. BD is a stunt man so he is already working in the entertainment industry like Zee but he is new to magic unlike her. His powers are the opposite of Zatanna; he is a non flying brick with a magic staff. Meanwhile she was born into magic, works as a stage magician and trying to figure out how to revert him to his human form gives her a suitable challenge.

What are everyones

-worst fears

-best case scenario

for the upcoming movie?
    My worst fears would be it being a Constantine movie, Zatanna's stage magician aesthetic being completely dropped and her character changed into a ultra dark edgy anti-heroine

best case scenario would be her movie being succesful and turning Zee into an iconic character that gets solos, cartoons, etc.