Page 115 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1989

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    This is adorable .

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Wow. Ram V is such a lazy writer.
    Now we get no explanation for why Zee didn't tell her secret beforehand.
    I thought there would be a reason to why she'd endanger her team by hiding such crucial info from them but nope, she did so because Ram V thought it would be a cool twist.
    Yeah, there has been no reason for why she wouldn't tell them and it is detrimental to her character, especially because she's suppose to be in some kind of leadership role, because she should tell them if for nothing else than so they could develop a contingency plan in the event she starts having problems containing him. It's like being a member of a bomb disposal squad and then not telling any of your teammates that you'ce got a live bomb inside of you.

I agree with you that it feels lazy because it's like "Why did Zatanna keep this a secret? Just because."

I'm indifferent to Zatanna in the JLD and even I can see her character's getting done dirty by the writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    "I've suffered more than others" statement makes Zee look like a total ass.
    It's how dismissive she is over something this major.
    "You're hurt I didn't tell you. Well, we're all hurt. He rattled me more than anyone."

Remember that bomb analogy? I'm bringing it back.
    "Oh, you're upset that I didn't tell you that I had a live bomb inside me so it nearly went off and killed you? Well, it hurt all of us- but by the way, it was way worse for me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    That and her dynamic with the proteges
    I'm not a Young Justice fan (disinterest, not dislike) so this is the only arc that I'm interested in because
    • It'll likely include my favorite DC superhero (Doctor Fate)
    • It'll likely introduce the character that opened the door for my interest in him (Khalid Nassour)
    • I like YJ Zatanna, her story and want her to be able to succeed in freeing her father so she can at least have a few years with him (because it doesn't look like he has many left)
    • I like the idea of Zatanna either playing mentor or getting her own magical possé.

"Sentinels of Magic" is music to my ears. Much better name than JLD.
    I prefer JLD and Shadowpact to Sentinels of Magic. I think it's the Sentinel part that doesn't gel with me.

Diana on JLD continues to be fascinating. When stepping outside of the realm of Greek Gods, she really is a fish out of water.
    I like her on the team. I don't know how accurate it is to the general characterization in her own books, but JLD has made me really like Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 11-28-2021 at 11:40 AM. Reason: clarification

I forget Ronnie and Zee are Jewish (unless they're just referencing Professor Stein). Although I think Zatanna being Jewish comes from that DC Bombshells comic?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I forget Ronnie and Zee are Jewish (unless they're just referencing Professor Stein). Although I think Zatanna being Jewish comes from that DC Bombshells comic?
    Never heard of her being Jewish before, thought she came from a Italian/Romani background.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yeah I think the same, Its look like they take the bombshells version. I remember YJ Zatanna take education at Catholic high school.

Good Catholic Girl.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    I'm not a Young Justice fan (disinterest, not dislike) so this is the only arc that I'm interested in because
    • It'll likely include my favorite DC superhero (Doctor Fate)
    • It'll likely introduce the character that opened the door for my interest in him (Khalid Nassour)
    • I like YJ Zatanna, her story and want her to be able to succeed in freeing her father so she can at least have a few years with him (because it doesn't look like he has many left)
    • I like the idea of Zatanna either playing mentor or getting her own magical possé.

I prefer JLD and Shadowpact to Sentinels of Magic. I think it's the Sentinel part that doesn't gel with me.

I like her on the team. I don't know how accurate it is to the general characterization in her own books, but JLD has made me really like Wonder Woman.
    Zatanna have great mentoring stories with Misty Kilgore and Tim Hunter. Well perhaps baring Mary Marvel at Countdown xd. That's make me eager to see her arc with the proteges and other magic allies

I just realized she could be both. Her dad is “Giovanni” so he could be Italian Catholic and if her mom is Jewish that would still make Zatanna an ethnic Jew via blood heritage from her mom (Jewishness comes from the mother I understand). Is that how it was handled in Bombshells?

Man we know so little about her mom, it’s usually all about her dad.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Probably.

Art for Zatanna's YJ arc:

Incredible Member

Zatanna is Italian, so she is Catholic. In DC Bombshells (which is non-canon), she is Jewish and from Germany. In that universe everyone's ethnicities were changed. On DC's main Twitter and Instagram accounts they posted a photo with Harley and Batwoman for Hanukkah, Zatanna wasn't included. Last year for Hannukah DC featured Ragman.

Extraordinary Member

That girl gives me Alice vibes

Guessing she’s another Lord of Chaos

Ah s***, someone stole my Zatanna vs. Evil schoolgirl Sabrina fanfic.

I think the YJ's is my favorite Zatanna design, even if I think the costume could be improved a little. Such as by adding a tophat and changing some things about the bottom half.

222c9e87d70af45933aaa686b0008281.jpg
    007-characters-zatanna.jpg

I really love the little white bowtie