Page 82 of 133 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1989
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    I would really dig big sis Zee and Billy Batson
    In DC: The New Frontier #6 we saw that Zatanna would indeed be a good big sister toward Billy, when she tells him not to wolf down his ice cream, on the moon.

So I thought I would look up some fan art featuring Billy and Zatanna and turns out there are YJ fans who ship them:

By battysketches (tumblr):

Of course, I just realized that any pairing with Billy is bound to get creepy real fast:

I'm totally for Zee/Billy as a sibling type relationship.

'Which Zatanna Are You?' quiz by zatanna-maximoff (Tumblr): https://uquiz.com/quiz/UZX4Tq/which-...atanna-are-you

I got Seven Soldiers Zatanna.

By Gerard Parel:

By Mark Brooks:

By Mike Krome:

I got Main Zatanna.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    'Which Zatanna Are You?' quiz by zatanna-maximoff (Tumblr): https://uquiz.com/quiz/UZX4Tq/which-...atanna-are-you

I got Seven Soldiers Zatanna.

By Gerard Parel:

By Mark Brooks:

Am I alone in preferring Z in a full tux shirt (or at least a full-front tux dicky) to a cleavage-baring getup?

I prefer the full tux too and not he cleavage bearing one. I think the exposed cleavage is going overboard. The whole point of the fishnets and leotard is to distract the audience from her hands.

But there are some artists who can make cleavage bearing suit work:

Seven Soldiers Zatanna.

lol at the last question.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I prefer the full tux too and not he cleavage bearing one. I think the exposed cleavage is going overboard. The whole point of the fishnets and leotard is to distract the audience from her hands.

But there are some artists who can make cleavage bearing suit work:

I don't need her to expose her cleavage although I think it can be tastefully done.

Like I don't think people call that much attention to it in her adult Young Justice design.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Am I alone in preferring Z in a full tux shirt (or at least a full-front tux dicky) to a cleavage-baring getup?
    I consider the cummerbund to be an essential part of her costume, and it works a lot better with the tux shirt. Also, having her wear a bow tie wrapped around her neck without a collared shirt under it makes her look like a Playboy Bunny. Zatanna should not be a cocktail waitress.

I think cummberbund works better than a tux too.

To add to that, I think a waist coat works better than corset thing she wears around her abdomen.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Sorry, Billy, you don't have x-ray vision.
    Assassinate Putin!

I think Zatanna needs a unique voice.
    I've read some comics where they use her stage magician gimmick to give her dialogue a unique twist but it hasn't been used much lately.
    JLD has almost abandoned every aspect of that gimmick turning her into a generic magic user.

Like Diana is a warrior and a royalty.
    Constantine is British and a jerk.
    Bobo is a drunk.
    Swamp thing talks like an old shaman.
    Etrigan is talks in rhymes and old english.

Zatanna's lines should reflect her stage magician persona but they don't. The cartoons on the other hand do a much better job like in BTAS and JLU.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    I think Zatanna needs a unique voice.
    I've read some comics where they use her stage magician gimmick to give her dialogue a unique twist but it hasn't been used much lately.
    JLD has almost abandoned every aspect of that gimmick turning her into a generic magic user.

Like Diana is a warrior and a royalty.
    Constantine is British and a jerk.
    Bobo is a drunk.
    Swamp thing talks like an old shaman.
    Etrigan is talks in rhymes and old english.

Zatanna's lines should reflect her stage magician persona but they don't. The cartoons on the other hand do a much better job like in BTAS and JLU.
    Some of that might be just the voice actress' performances in the case of stuff like YJ or the DCAU (plus there's Dini involved with the DCAU ones).

I blame her being stuck in a dour and drama-filled JLD books all the time. It really doesn't let her personality shine unless they let her be the fun one but that's not what the book is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I blame her being stuck in a dour and drama-filled JLD books all the time. It really doesn't let her personality shine unless they let her be the fun one but that's not what the book is.
    Yeah. I think this is problem of most of DC’s magic stuff being generally horror themed, so she unfortunately gets written to suit that style.