Page 120 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 1989

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I don't particularly care for Young Justice. I've tried on three occasions in my life to give it a shot and it just never really appeals to me.

That said, would the Zatanna episode be worth checking out as someone who doesn't really care for the show?
    pretty much worth it. In addition of simply just watch some scenes at YouTube, I suggest to watch "Young Justice Zatanna origin" and "Young Justice Zatanna fight scenes" that should cover her story for Season 1 and Season 2. Also "Zatanna spends time with her father" could be important background for this YJ Phantom Zatanna arc

I don't particularly care for Young Justice. I've tried on three occasions in my life to give it a shot and it just never really appeals to me.

That said, would the Zatanna episode be worth checking out as someone who doesn't really care for the show?
    I only watched a quarter of season 1, watched season 2 sporadically, skipped season 3 almost entirely and only started watching season 4 from Zatanna's episode onwards and I was able to follow along just fine. It helps that in this season, each member of the original roster gets a mini arc where they get to be the main character.

All you need to know is that Zatanna is younger on the show and the driving force of her story is that her father became the host of Nabu and thus she can only see him once a year. She wants to free him. Klarion is a Lord of Chaos in this universe and basically her archenemy on this show and the opposite to Nabu who represents Order.

Oh and Nabu is Vandal Savage's son on this show and Savage planned everything. Even your curiosity to watch this show was planned by him.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I only watched a quarter of season 1, watched season 2 sporadically, skipped season 3 almost entirely and only started watching season 4 from Zatanna's episode onwards and I was able to follow along just fine. It helps that in this season, each member of the original roster gets a mini arc where they get to be the main character.

All you need to know is that Zatanna is younger on the show and the driving force of her story is that her father became the host of Nabu and thus she can only see him once a year. She wants to free him. Klarion is a Lord of Chaos in this universe and basically her archenemy on this show and the opposite to Nabu who represents Order.

Oh and Nabu is Vandal Savage's son on this show and Savage planned everything. Even your curiosity to watch this show was planned by him.
    That son of a bitch.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Heh, I've mostly been in the same boat. I liked the first two seasons enough but I'd have been content with those since I watched them in the interval years between cancellation and revival.

He even planned that you would make that post.

and that I would respond to it.

And if you avoid watching the show, thinking you'll foil his plans, then ha ha ha too late, you only set him back temporarily. His plan is still moving forward.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

And if you avoid watching the show, thinking you'll foil his plans, then ha ha ha too late, you only set him back temporarily. His plan is still moving forward.
    Legend has it he planned his birth, ensuring that the cave fire was just right and the wind would blow through the rocks which he had assembled to create the perfect melody to serenade his parents into the mood.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Vandal Savage and The Light are practically a meme now .

Extraordinary Member

What books can tell us more about the Homo Magi?

I thought DC didnt have any secret worlds within it, the way Marvel does, Aside from Atlantis
    then again Atlantean are apart of the Homo Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    What books can tell us more about the Homo Magi?

I thought DC didnt have any secret worlds within it, the way Marvel does, Aside from Atlantis
    then again Atlantean are apart of the Homo Magi
    On the contrary, DC has even more secret worlds than Marvel does: Themyscira, Atlantis, Skartaris, Bana Migdall, Yara's tribe, the Hidden City, Gem World, Azarath and possibly even more.

For the Homo Magi:

JLA Vol 1 #160-164 introduced the concept. Though there are some dated elements to the explanation.

Books of Magic #1-4 is basically a magical tour of the DCU.

Secret Origins Vol 2 #27 shows the history of Magi from Dr Mist's perspective.

Justice League Dark Vol 2 by Tynion IV also explored the idea of magic and different classifications of magic users.

I'm sure there are more. Folks are free to suggest anything I've missed.

Variant cover for Urban Legends 12:

26097-hr.jpg

Extraordinary Member

On the contrary, DC has even more secret worlds than Marvel does: Themyscira, Atlantis, Skartaris, Bana Migdall, Yara's tribe, the Hidden City, Gem World, Azarath and possibly even more.

For the Homo Magi:

JLA Vol 1 #160-164 introduced the concept. Though there are some dated elements to the explanation.

Books of Magic #1-4 is basically a magical tour of the DCU.

Secret Origins Vol 2 #27 shows the history of Magi from Dr Mist's perspective.

Justice League Dark Vol 2 by Tynion IV also explored the idea of magic and different classifications of magic users.

I'm sure there are more. Folks are free to suggest anything I've missed.
    I am sure each tribe of Amazon is different , its not exactly an untapped world.
    Is What world is sindella from?

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    Variant cover for Urban Legends 12:

26097-hr.jpg
    Hmmm, curious who they are. Reminds me of Rebirth Phobos and Demios.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I am sure each tribe of Amazon is different , its not exactly an untapped world.
    Is What world is sindella from?
    Yeah, maybe I should have gone with hidden civilizations and not world.

Sindella is from the Hidden City.

With the recent devastating news about Perez I thought I would post some artwork he's done of our favourite magician:

Attached Images Attached Images

Attached Images Attached Images