Page 100 of 133 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1989
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if they announced an actor and director for the movie during Fandome.
    As long as Constantine stays far away, absolutely.

I genuinely don't know how she wants to bang the man responsible for her father, who she adored, being immolated.

"Yeah, you killed my dad, but oh my god you're so hot."

Yeah, **** that noise.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

I genuinely don't know how she wants to bang the man responsible for her father, who she adored, being immolated.

Yeah, **** that noise.
    He said sorry

Constantine does hold Z back
    I cant see the issue people have with him

yay 100 pages

Yeah, **** that noise.
    Brace yourself then because we are most likely getting a romance between them in some form on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He said sorry

Constantine does hold Z back
    I cant see the issue people have with him

yay 100 pages
    "That makes it all okay! NOT!"

I never noticed that raven has a poster of Zatanna in her room
    Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    love that little details, I think Raven TTG and Zee DC SHG have great time in that crossover movie. Also it remind me that Naomi also have Zatanna poster on her wall

Attachment 113932
    I love stuff like this. She's supposed to be a big celebrity in universe.

Ram V’s time on the JLD is ending sadly: https://mailchi.mp/7892830b0d9a/fly-by-soul-8

Least Zatanna has the Urban Legends story coming up but I hope JLD gets more stories.

Yeah, **** that noise.
    Heh maybe it’s because the first comic I ever read with Zatanna was Seven Soldiers, but I like the Zatanna/Constantine relationship because it fits with how I understand her character. As a sorceress she is unparalleled, by far the best at her craft, an incredibly competent heroine who can handle anything. As a person she’s a complete mess who can’t stop getting involved in bad relationships with men who aren’t good for her. Her problems come from when the two sides of her life meet, and that’s what makes her fun to read to me at least lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ram V’s time on the JLD is ending sadly: https://mailchi.mp/7892830b0d9a/fly-by-soul-8

Least Zatanna has the Urban Legends story coming up but I hope JLD gets more stories.

Heh maybe it’s because the first comic I ever read with Zatanna was Seven Soldiers, but I like the Zatanna/Constantine relationship because it fits with how I understand her character. As a sorceress she is unparalleled, by far the best at her craft, an incredibly competent heroine who can handle anything. As a person she’s a complete mess who can’t stop getting involved in bad relationships with men who aren’t good for her. Her problems come from when the two sides of her life meet, and that’s what makes her fun to read to me at least lol.
    Will JLD continue?

Will JLD continue?
    Doesn’t say. They’re building up the JLD on HBO Max so maybe.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Doesn’t say. They’re building up the JLD on HBO Max so maybe.
    I have alot faith in that

Zatanna Movie

Madam Xanadu series

Constantine series

JLD movie

Could totally redeem DC films if they deliver

Incredible Member

I'm disappointed he didn't get her to switch to the Future State outfit in the present and I wonder if he actually ever planned to. I guess we have to hope for the next creative to hopefully either have her adopt the Future State outfit or otherwise have her adopt something more classic flavored with fishnets. I'm hoping we'll see the end of the street wear leather pants look soon and she'll get a better costume.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I'm disappointed he didn't get her to switch to the Future State outfit in the present and I wonder if he actually ever planned to. I guess we have to hope for the next creative to hopefully either have her adopt the Future State outfit or otherwise have her adopt something more classic flavored with fishnets. I'm hoping we'll see the end of the street wear leather pants look soon and she'll get a better costume.
    praying this blue wanda is a bad idea

Ram VÂ’s time on the JLD is ending sadly: https://mailchi.mp/7892830b0d9a/fly-by-soul-8
    Damn. I wish him the best of luck. I know we complain about his handling on Zatanna a lot but outside of that I think he is a solid writer and I enjoyed most of everything that he has written.

Heh maybe itÂ’s because the first comic I ever read with Zatanna was Seven Soldiers, but I like the Zatanna/Constantine relationship because it fits with how I understand her character. As a sorceress she is unparalleled, by far the best at her craft, an incredibly competent heroine who can handle anything. As a person sheÂ’s a complete mess who canÂ’t stop getting involved in bad relationships with men who arenÂ’t good for her. Her problems come from when the two sides of her life meet, and thatÂ’s what makes her fun to read to me at least lol.
    Aside from Constantine has she had that many bad boyfriends/relationships? Bruce was good to her even if he has other issues. Constantine only appeared as much as Jeff Sloane did in Zatanna stories until Nu52 happened and DC decided they were going to be OTP.

While I think it is within her character to fall for someone like Constantine (pre-dead father of course), I wouldn't like it for it to be something that happens to her regularly much less sticking with a toxic relationship for a long time without any growth or progress. I rather she grows out of it. My perception of Zatanna is coloured by the works of Paul Dini use of her in 'Tech and in her own ongoing, Conway's Satellite era JLA and Morrison's Seven Soldiers.

To me, she is the 'Superman' of the magical world in that conflict stems from *how* she uses her power. Even though I dislike Identity Crisis, the question of whether she should use her powers to alter villains and whether it would be wrong for someone like her to utilize her power felt like the perfect moral dilemma for her character (too bad the story wasn't about that). She is a performer and magician and while she has sold-out shows and saved the world a few times, her life style has brought her little personal happiness. In fact, even though she's saved other people's lives and the world numerous times, she has failed to save the lives of those closest to her (father, mother) and that chips away at her core. Added to that she also has a need to prove herself both as a hero and the daughter of a reputed magician. Hence why I like Seven Soldiers, because of course at some point, she is going to break down and become a 'spellaholic' just to make herself feel better and of courseshe ends up misusing her powers and end up unleashing a terrible mess that she has to fix herself.

Will JLD continue?
    One would hope so.

I have alot faith in that

Zatanna Movie

Madam Xanadu series

Constantine series

JLD movie

Could totally redeem DC films if they deliver
    JJ Abrams is the only asterik on all of that.

praying this blue wanda is a bad idea
    More Jean Grey than Wanda. The latter gets to kick ass at least.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Brace yourself then because we are most likely getting a romance between them in some form on screen.

"That makes it all okay! NOT!"

I love stuff like this. She's supposed to be a big celebrity in universe.
    Oh, there's no way the Constantine relationship won't show up. It appeals to stupid people, after all. :P

I'm mostly joking. A few posters I respect do like the relationship. I don't hold it against them, but it's certainly the wrong opinion.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

All this Constantine talk make me curious on how Bombshell universe handle Zee and Constantine relationship. Haven't read the book yet, but from a glimpse its look like the most positive take of them

Also I hope Ram V could wrap Zatanna characterizations beside her power well before pass it to the next writer (the same goes for the next writer to take notes). Kinda worried as Zatanna one of the designated main protagonist, writer try to develop her by resetting her character progression

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    All this Constantine talk make me curious on how Bombshell universe handle Zee and Constantine relationship. Haven't read the book yet, but from a glimpse its look like the most positive take of them.
    I'm trying to remember...I think they had a history but it wasn't explicitly romantic, Zatanna ends up saving John from Nazi's or turning him into a rabbit or something.

She turns him into a rabbit to protect him, later they are both captured by the Nazi's and they become sort-of surrogate parents and mentor to that universe's Raven.

Anyway, all this Constantine talk is getting tiring. Lets talk about something else.

She turns him into a rabbit to protect him, later they are both captured by the Nazi's and they become sort-of surrogate parents and mentor to that universe's Raven.

Anyway, all this Constantine talk is getting tiring. Lets talk about something else.
    Here's hoping for more Zee appearances across all media and comics .