Page 56 of 133 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Identity Crisis is Didio Editorial's baby. Of course it's on there. Even though it was damaging to Zee.

I once put together a reading list for Zatanna but it needs to be updated to include JLD Vol 2 and a few other stories:

Attachment 109628

Attachment 109630

I feel that that should just be Zachary's thing.
    The Zatanna back ups in Supergirl started when Supergirl was running in Adventure Comics and then moved over to the Supergirl title when she got her own title, and appeared in issues: 413, 414, 415, 419, so while updating for JL Dark Vol. 2, you might want to add those issues in.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Yeah then again there's always a way to write a story with stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    The Zatanna back ups in Supergirl started when Supergirl was running in Adventure Comics and then moved over to the Supergirl title when she got her own title, and appeared in issues: 413, 414, 415, 419, so while updating for JL Dark Vol. 2, you might want to add those issues in.

-M
    I will. There is a few more that needs to be included as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Oh, cool format for the essentials list. I thought of doing something similar for other characters.
    Thanks. I made them years ago including ones for Dr Fate.

I need to get back into this. I made these on CorelDraw and that's not an option at the moment. Photoshop drives me crazy. I'm looking for an image editor that works for me.

Impulse #17: Zatanna hires Impulse as an assistant at the last minute and immediately regrets it:

Impulse 17-05.jpg

Impulse 17-06.jpg

Impulse 17-07.jpg

At least Bart's having fun and the audience is enjoying it...

Impulse #17: Zatanna hires Impulse as an assistant at the last minute and immediately regrets it:

Impulse 17-05.jpg

Impulse 17-06.jpg

Impulse 17-07.jpg
    and Zachary wonders why she's a solo act.

Here's what I think a magic battle should be like.
    From the 1963 movie - The sword in the stone.

Just like in a regular duel where the participants decide what kind of weapon to use- knives or pistols or swords etc, a magic duel can have the magicians decide on what kind of magic to use. Above they chose to use transformation magic.

I think this is a good concept because magicians in DC universe have every kind of magic available to them. By limiting them to use one kind of magic in duels allows the writers to be more creative and write better stories.

A Zatanna story should have this concept. Her stories should have more magician villains because Zee going up against thugs and monsters which she can neutralize with one word doesn't make a good story. Every criminal gang in her hometown should employ a magician.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Here's what I think a magic battle should be like.
    From the 1963 movie - The sword in the stone.

Just like in a regular duel where the participants decide what kind of weapon to use- knives or pistols or swords etc, a magic duel can have the magicians decide on what kind of magic to use. Above they chose to use transformation magic.

I think this is a good concept because magicians in DC universe have every kind of magic available to them. By limiting them to use one kind of magic in duels allows the writers to be more creative and write better stories.

A Zatanna story should have this concept. Her stories should have more magician villains because Zee going up against thugs and monsters which she can neutralize with one word doesn't make a good story. Every criminal gang in her hometown should employ a magician.
    An interesting point. The wizard duels - and the Dumbledore/Voldemort contest, in particular - were very different in the Potter books than what WB put on the screen.

Francis Manapul

I never read No Justice but this apparent team from it I thought would make a decent alternate JLD from the one we got.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Francis Manapul

I never read No Justice but this apparent team from it I thought would make a decent alternate JLD from the one we got.

That would be a decent team roster, Though I don't like the Star Sapphire-esque colored coded uniforms.

And those uh, I guess they count as pants, look awkward to me. I'm sure of what the point is having them cut like that where they cover only the inside of the legs. I'd just go with the classic fishnets look. But I guess I like it a little better than the full leather pants look they went with and seem to be sticking with for now. Still hope for her to switch over to her Future State outfit eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    That would be a decent team roster, Though I don't like the Star Sapphire-esque colored coded uniforms.

And those uh, I guess they count as pants, look awkward to me. I'm sure of what the point is having them cut like that where they cover only the inside of the legs. I'd just go with the classic fishnets look. But I guess I like it a little better than the full leather pants look they went with and seem to be sticking with for now. Still hope for her to switch over to her Future State outfit eventually.
    Was talking more the roster than the color-coded uniforms, like I said I never read it so idea what that's about.

Agree on the half pants/fishnets look. No idea what's going on there.

Yeah, that outfit always looked weird to me too.

Looks alright to me.

Still looks weird to me.

Anyway, according to the 1976 DC Super Calendar, May 20th is Zatanna's birth date!

Art by: Paulina Ganuchea

Still looks weird to me.

Anyway, according to the 1976 DC Super Calendar, May 20th is Zatanna's birth date!
    Happy day after your birthday Zatanna!