Page 16 of 133 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Such lovely hair .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Can't believe Zatanna only had 1 ongoing series. The disrespect...
    I enjoyed the Zatana mini-series that was part of the Seven Soldiers, and I would like to see more threatments like that. However, I don't know whether DC plans to do more mini's in the future or fewer, since they have apparently indicated that they plan to reduce the total number of (print) titles.

Boisterously Confused

Yeah, Zee's the exception to my usual rule that I think most major DC characters could exist in their own universe but I think she's one of those character's who is more interesting when she exists in the larger universe.

Though I guess this is mainly because not much has been done with her a solo act and like others said, she's fairly niche.
    If the Arrow-Verse were still at its full roster of shows on the CW, that would have been a great place to build Z up. Let her float as a recurring character from one series to the next, almost at random. Then guest her in all of them in rapid succession, culminating in a cross-series event. In other words, it would have been a lot of fun to raise Z's profile in a live-action story reminiscent of "Zatanna's Search."
    51XFMY9Q5ZL._SX320_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Do you believe that the success of Wandavision will help Zatanna get her own movie?
    There were talks of a JLD movie and a Zatanna solo feature. Recently, there were rumblings of an open casting for Constantine. After that, nothing and recently we learned that JJ Abrams who was spear heading the JLD projects was now working with Ta-Nehisi Coates on a black Superman project.

When it comes to DC, I won't believe a project is even happening until the first trailer drops. Everything is so up in the air all the time. What happened to that Avu Duverny New Gods movie? I hope it gets better in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    If the Arrow-Verse were still at its full roster of shows on the CW, that would have been a great place to build Z up. Let her float as a recurring character from one series to the next, almost at random. Then guest her in all of them in rapid succession, culminating in a cross-series event. In other words, it would have been a lot of fun to raise Z's profile in a live-action story reminiscent of "Zatanna's Search."
    I'm surprised she hasn't appeared in the Flash already. Considering her connection to Barry, previous appearance on Smallville and when they incorporated magic into their universe.

Though, if she were to appear on a tv show I want it to be something at the same level of quality as WandaVision which elevated it's titular characters as opposed to low budget CW shows. Maybe the writers of that show can do their magic on Zatanna the same way they did for Wanda. I remember a couple of years ago, after reading Dini's ongoing, I went back to read everything from Zatanna's first appearance to her JLA days to Books of Magic and circling back to her ongoing. There are pieces there that could be dusted off and built back up into a cohesive narrative. I can see it working as a multi-season show.

Her father goes missing. She teams up with all the heroes to find him.
    She joins the JL.
    Finds out her mother is alive, is reunited with her only for her to die.
    She becomes a member of the JL becoming an invaluable member.
    Her powers grow to the point where she becomes the second most powerful member.
    She loses her powers but makes up for it in other ways.
    She gains back her powers in a duel.
    She reunites with her ex-Constantine only to lose her father in the ordeal.
    Loses her confidence and perhaps reputation but later regains it.
    Reunites with her cousin Zachary.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    51XFMY9Q5ZL._SX320_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    Honestly, given how many characters CW has gone through I'm kind of surprised they haven't gotten to Zatanna yet. Maybe if that Constantine show went on longer she'd have shown up eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    There were talks of a JLD movie and a Zatanna solo feature. Recently, there were rumblings of an open casting for Constantine. After that, nothing and recently we learned that JJ Abrams who was spear heading the JLD projects was now working with Ta-Nehisi Coates on a black Superman project.

When it comes to DC, I won't believe a project is even happening until the first trailer drops. Everything is so up in the air all the time. What happened to that Avu Duverny New Gods movie? I hope it gets better in the future.

I'm surprised she hasn't appeared in the Flash already. Considering her connection to Barry, previous appearance on Smallville and when they incorporated magic into their universe.

Though, if she were to appear on a tv show I want it to be something at the same level of quality as WandaVision which elevated it's titular characters as opposed to low budget CW shows. Maybe the writers of that show can do their magic on Zatanna the same way they did for Wanda. I remember a couple of years ago, after reading Dini's ongoing, I went back to read everything from Zatanna's first appearance to her JLA days to Books of Magic and circling back to her ongoing. There are pieces there that could be dusted off and built back up into a cohesive narrative. I can see it working as a multi-season show.

Her father goes missing. She teams up with all the heroes to find him.
    She joins the JL.
    Finds out her mother is alive, is reunited with her only for her to die.
    She becomes a member of the JL becoming an invaluable member.
    Her powers grow to the point where she becomes the second most powerful member.
    She loses her powers but makes up for it in other ways.
    She gains back her powers in a duel.
    She reunites with her ex-Constantine only to lose her father in the ordeal.
    Loses her confidence and perhaps reputation but later regains it.
    Reunites with her cousin Zachary.
    Yeah, if Zatanna were to get a TV show I'd hope she'd fall under HBO Max rather than CW.

Yeah, if Zatanna were to get a TV show I'd hope she'd fall under HBO Max rather than CW.
    Hopefully Superman & Lois leads to spin offs like Green Arrow did.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Hopefully Superman & Lois leads to spin offs like Green Arrow did.
    She showed up in Smallville, so it doesn’t feel like too long a shot for her to appear in S&L!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Dc should make Joelle Jones redesign Zatanna's outfit. Love the way Zee looks in this tuxedo even though a tuxedo is mostly worn by men.

It's from Catwoman (2018) #18. The pants are tight and stick close to the legs. The jacket (probably without buttons) is small with tight sleeves which make the chest look prominent. The color black, blue and white go well together. The vest looks better than a corset. Things like these make the outfit look feminine.

I'd love to see Zee in this outfit in a live action setting. It would be comfortable for the actress too.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 03-04-2021 at 01:12 PM.

Honestly I just hope she keeps her hat. I HATE how almost every redesign she gets dumps it in the trash

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Dc should make Joelle Jones redesign Zatanna's outfit. Love the way Zee looks in this tuxedo even though a tuxedo is mostly worn by men.

It's from Catwoman (2018) #18. The pants are tight and stick close to the legs. The jacket (probably without buttons) is small with tight sleeves which make the chest look prominent. The color black, blue and white go well together. The vest looks better than a corset. Things like these make the outfit look feminine.

I'd love to see Zee in this outfit in a live action setting. It would be comfortable for the actress too.
    I'm typically a fan of Z's classic look but I like this as a modern compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Honestly I just hope she keeps her hat. I HATE how almost every redesign she gets dumps it in the trash
    Yes, top hat is non-negotiable.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Yes the hat is important. It completes her look. In this issue she does puts in on when she leaves.

But honestly I like it when she takes off the hat. Usually I like to see her both with and without the hat in the same issue. I don't know why I get this weird feeling that the hat is stuck to her head whenever she doesn't take it off.

It's also common courtesy to take off your hat when inside a building or in the presence of a woman as a sign of respect. Zatanna probably has to follow those rules too even though she's not gentleman.

Trivia- Zee likes to drink Manhattans and listen to Queen, Prince and The Police.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 03-12-2021 at 11:58 AM.

Joelle Jones drew a great Zee. I prefer the classic look to pants but she was probably drawn more memorably here than she is in JLD.

Although I think the original plan was for her to be sporting her classic look before Jones changed the outfit.

I wish this was her JLD outfit. So much more personality than what she currently wears.