Page 52 of 133 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Okay, I have a number of questions here. First of all, don't they screen all donated blood? If so, wouldn't they find out that his wasn't human? Would whoever got his donation gain super powers?
    Lois_Lane_17.jpg
    So yeah Im intrigued with this question as there once a story in the last part of Justice League Detroit era when a person taking Zatanna blood and injecting it to his body. He is become overwhelmed with the power and become some kind of God. Martian Manhunter have a hard time to get in his mind and its need Zatanna to delve deep to try to fix him.

I found this panel of Silver Age Era, so yeah basically if matched the one who get Clark Blood could get his superpower. Take it with a lot of salt. Then again Clark managed to have baby with human Lois Lane

@Edwin30 , well its gonna be a hard road to read first volume of JLD. But its got a lot of charm there and there. My Favorite is later half of the book when Zee take charge of the lead and the whole Pralaya arc. Im sucker for some kind of Space horror

Word on the webz is that WB is looking at Naomi Scott (Princess Jasmine from the live action Aladdin remake) or someone of her "type" to play Zatanna.

I recently saw Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory. I wish we had a female version of Gene Wilder to play Zatanna.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 05-07-2021 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Of course she would have a fishnet bikini .
    Of course, how else would you know it's her when she is not in costume? :P It's her trademark at this point, probably more so than Canary's.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Okay, I have a number of questions here. First of all, don't they screen all donated blood? If so, wouldn't they find out that his wasn't human? Would whoever got his donation gain super powers?
    Whether or not a character gains powers through Superman's blood seems to depend on continuity. As seen in the cover MaiZen posted, in Silver Age you can get powers from Clark's blood which begs the question of why he just doesn't give regular blood transfuions and give every one his powers.

Back in the Golden Age, Superman had to give blood to Lois so he punctured his own skin to draw blood (ouch) and it was said that his blood was compatible with all four blood types but Lois didn't get any powers from it (although she did say she felt a bit stronger than before):

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Wish Chiang did more work for Zatanna. He's probably my favorite artist on her, his style suits her well.
    This might sound weird but I like how he draws her jawline.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    I was going through JLD Vol. 1 and I really hate this Nick Necro guy. His back story is that he was Zatanna's boyfriend, original owner of Constantine's trenchcoat and he taught magic to both JC and Zee.

I hate when writers do **** like this. On Twitter I read this writer saying that "JLD is not a group of heroes".
    This just proves that he wrote Zatanna out of character to fit his mold of the team.
    So stupid.

Atleast under wonder woman, Zee had more character to her than being Constantine's girlfriend and getting angry at whatever he does.
    Seriously, the writers just love to shove this pairing in their books even though it's detrimental to Zatanna's character.
    And then she spends the next several issues being Nick's damsel in distress. Her early JLD vol1 appearances consist of her being a glorified red shirt who gets her ass kicked to show how powerful the next biggest threat was. She was constantly in need of rescue from John Constantine while he continued to lie and manipulate her.

If folks thinks Zee is a dark, anti-hero type, then they are missing the point of the character. She is supposed to be a bona fide good guy and hero, even in JLD. She has more in common with the Big 7 than other magical types. Her most interesting relationships are with them as well. She should be interacting with the wider DCU as much, if not more so than the JLD.

With the 'everything is canon' approach DC is taking, I hope someone at some point takes stock of her pre-Nu 52 appearances (from Zatanna's Search to Dini's run) and realize the characters true potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    So yeah Im intrigued with this question as there once a story in the last part of Justice League Detroit era when a person taking Zatanna blood and injecting it to his body. He is become overwhelmed with the power and become some kind of God. Martian Manhunter have a hard time to get in his mind and its need Zatanna to delve deep to try to fix him.
    I haven't read JLA up to that point yet but I have heard there was a wild Zatanna story in the JL Detroit era.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Word on the webz is that WB is looking at Naomi Scott (Princess Jasmine from the live action Aladdin remake) or someone of her "type" to play Zatanna.
    I can see it .

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Lois_Lane_17.jpg

I found this panel of Silver Age Era, so yeah basically if matched the one who get Clark Blood could get his superpower. Take it with a lot of salt. Then again Clark managed to have baby with human Lois Lane

@Edwin30 , well its gonna be a hard road to read first volume of JLD. But its got a lot of charm there and there. My Favorite is later half of the book when Zee take charge of the lead and the whole Pralaya arc. Im sucker for some kind of Space horror
    One of his powers must be the ability to regrow limbs because Lana is missing a leg up there.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    I recently saw Charlie and the chocolate factory. I wish we had a female version of Gene Wilder to play Zatanna.
    So there going with a young zatanna.

Ivan Reis

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Makes me wish we got more of Zee interacting with the more traditional heroes of DC than just being confined to the JLD/Magic corner.

Yeah, I think her and Billy and her and J'onn would make for an interesting story. Vixen is another character I would love to see her interact with. They were in a love triangle back in JL Detroit days but I would love to see a modern taken on their interactions. I mean, just like Wonder Woman, Vixen should be crossing over with JLD as well, her powers are magic based and she is also a descendant of Anansi.

Is there any character she hasn't interacted with but would be interesting if she did?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Glasses Zatanna and karaoke Zatanna...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Makes me wish we got more of Zee interacting with the more traditional heroes of DC than just being confined to the JLD/Magic corner.
    She is too powerful and they would have to do what they’do to raven in TT