Page 125 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 1989

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Are the writers of Young Justice really interested in writing Zatanna? The story so far seems to be building up her proteges. I don't think she'll do anything significant this arc.

This is just the JLD apokolips war. Why even call it JLD when Zee has less than 2 mins of screen time?
    Show always seemed a bit more interested in it's own lore/worldbuilding as the seasons have gone on from what I've noticed.

Zatanna by Leonidas.

Batman Urban Legends

He has latched onto Zee like a leech.

Remember Bendis's OC Xanadoth? The Lord of the Lords of Chaos and the Original Owner of the helmet of Fate. He's back as the final villain.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 12-17-2021 at 10:35 PM.

Ugh. I was hoping Constantine wouldn't show up (and I like Constantine) .

I think they'll drop the backward talking for her solo movie.
    I don't like it. It's too overpowered. It doesn't sound good after a while.

Then it would no longer be a Zatanna movie, IMO.

Are the writers of Young Justice really interested in writing Zatanna? The story so far seems to be building up her proteges. I don't think she'll do anything significant this arc.

This is just the JLD apokolips war. Why even call it JLD when Zee has less than 2 mins of screen time?
    YJ is more concerned with it's lore than individual character building.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Zatanna on one of the variants for the Sensational Wonder Woman one-shot in March.

Nice to see the Squad together.

Batman Urban Legend

Leech is correct. I do not get the fascination of pairing Zee and John together.

Oh and something will tear apart Bruce and Zatanna's friendship? Hope it's not more mind wiping shenanigans.

Remember Bendis's OC Xanadoth? The Lord of the Lords of Chaos and the Original Owner of the helmet of Fate. He's back as the final villain.
    It's only the 'greatest cosmic threat' until the next one arrives. Like an endless amount of Russian nesting dolls.

I disagree. The backwards talking is unique to her. They just need to be more creative and figure out how to set limits.

Klarion would make an amazing nemesis for Zee in her solo movie. Surprised I didn't think of it before this YJ arc.

I see, I would like Zee to develop other skill/power set to aid her in combat beside Backward speech. Maybe for low level magic she doesn't need to chant the spells.

Batman Urban Legends

Who knows it open other fellow fans about how bad this pairing especially for Zee.

Hopefully Xanadoth finished once and for all

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Klarion would make an amazing nemesis for Zee in her solo movie. Surprised I didn't think of it before this YJ arc.
    agree, personally I think Klarion could be a very unique opponent, especially personality wise

Incredible Member

With Justice League and JLD getting at least something of a relaunch (They'll be getting new creative teams in April if not new #1's) I'm hoping Zatanna will finally get a chance to either adopt her Future State costume, or just return her to a classic stage magician outfit like it's on the on the sensational Wonder Woman cover or in YJ. Let this leather slacks street outfit phase be over soon.

That's her whole magical gimmick, though, on-top of the Stage Magician aesthetic. You take that away and she's a more generic spellcaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    YJ is more concerned with it's lore than individual character building.
    More like sporadic character building.
    I guess it would be some nice synergy with YJ and Klarion can be a pretty trippy/powerful foe...

Batman Urban Legends

Sweet, now I don't have buy a title with Batman in it.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Batman Urban Legends

Wauw, yeah, that's... why? I wonder many stories have Zatanna has appeared in, recently, that has not also included John Constantine?

It's funny in a not ha-ha sense: I like John Constantine as a character but I rarely like when he appears alongside other characters and I end up dreading the possibility that he might, for example, appear in Young Justice.

Batman Urban Legends

Small correction, Xanadoth is/was a woman (even pre-host)

I'm of so many minds about this because on one hand:
    - It's a story that uses Doctor Fate and his Order and Chaos (Yay!)
    - Xanadoth is not necessarily bad on conceptual level and I liked what personality she did have: There was a nice contrast between her having a monstrous and inelegant appearance but a personality that leaned more towards regal with some affability towards her enemies. There was also that her motivation was to basically turn everything into a primordial ooze of chaos. Also, I liked that Xanadoth was a female villain.

On the other hand:
    - The Crossover between Superman and Doctor Fate is ultimately my only exposure to Bendis' writing and is how I would judge the way he'd write a story like this, and I had some problems with it.
    - Xanadoth was not a bad villain, as such, but she wasn't a good one, either. Also, while she didn't technically contradict the backstory of the Lords of Chaos and Order, as laid out in Justice League: Dark, it didn't feel like she fully fitted into it. Furthermore, Lord of the Lords of Chaos? C'mon, what is that? Have her say that she was "The Lord of Chaos" or "King of Chaos" or "The Lord Chaos"

I really want this story to be good but at the same time, I'm also worried about wanting it to be good, you know? I'm not sure whether to look forward to it or try not to look forward to it so as to keep my expectations as low as possible.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 12-18-2021 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    With Justice League and JLD getting at least something of a relaunch (They'll be getting new creative teams in April if not new #1's) I'm hoping Zatanna will finally get a chance to either adopt her Future State costume, or just return her to a classic stage magician outfit like it's on the on the sensational Wonder Woman cover or in YJ. Let this leather slacks street outfit phase be over soon.
    I hope she is taken off of JLD and put on another team. I've had enough of the team and the concept. It hasn't done the character any favors.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Sweet, now I don't have buy a title with Batman in it.
    I'll check it out and recommend it if it's any good.

But I gotta agree, something that sounded promising has a very Constantine-shaped stain on it.

I would rather they find a way to revamp her original nemesis; Allura. Plus revamped versions of the Druid, the Warlock of Ys and the High Lord of the Hidden City.

Not really feeling Klarion. I think he would be a better enemy for Raven or Zachary.

Though I always wanted to see Zatanna take on Abra Kadabra and Dr Alchemy from the Flash Rogues.