Page 54 of 133 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Indeed, love her strong personalities there. Purple really suit Zee and should be her trademark colour like Red and Blue for Superman

JLD previews from JL#61.

I love how Xermanico draws Zee's hair. It feels like she has long hair which ends in a braid. Its better compared to Alvaro Martinez's who drew a very thin braid in his early JLD issues.

The previews seem to suggest that there's something wrong with Zatanna's magic but she just used it to shoot that Lion-bat thing.

I think there could be a problem with her way of doing magic using words. I would welcome any change to her current powerset because I feel it would be better for telling a good story.

I think I’ve now realized that Zatanna is probably the second most popular JL female, next to Wonder Woman, surpassing both Hawkgirl and Black Canary. I find that interesting!

You know, She once won the most dateable DC Superheroine along with Nightwing in around 2013 where even she has her fishnet clad leg diminished for some time, Powergirl got a distinctive run under Palmiotti https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/0...0Comics%20fans!

She also won the poll from DC SHG Popularity poll. Kinda suprised as there are big superheroines name like WW, Batgirl and Supergirl. Also votes for Injustice God Among Us as the DLC addition character.

IIRC she won the votes to be member of Satelite Era Justice League back in 80s. Heck she topping the DC gals in Comics Buyer's Guide Presents 100 Sexiest Women in Comics, sitting behind Red Sonja, Vertigo Death and Jean Grey

She is pretty popular but not mainstream yet. Hopefully the movie could breakthrough it
    IMG_20210322_144240.jpg

Thank you for the preview information. Pretty pumped up to see what happen next

So few pages per month. I think I will just wait until the current arc is collected.

Also, there is a feature I've been wanting to do for a while now; Zatanna's rogues gallery. When she debuted in Zatanna's Search, she had to fight quite a few bad guys before she found her father and even afterwards. A lot of these villains would need to be updated (all possible ideas welcome) but I think their core elements still work.

First up:

The Druid. He is a wizard who took over the sub atomic world of Catamoor and his power is to absorb magical energy. Basically, Zatanna's Parasite.

Z2-Atom_19-15.jpg

Z2-Atom_19-18.jpg

Z2-Atom_19-19.jpg

Next up: The Warlok of Ys

The Warlock of Ys lived in another dimension that was created after the Big Bang. This other world was only acceessed by a gateway whereby trespassers are enveloped in blue flame before being taken to the Warlock's realm. The Warlock wanted to use GL's ring as a means to access 'our' world where he would become too powerful to stop.

Z4-Green_Lantern_42-10.jpg

Z4-Green_Lantern_42-11.jpg

Z4-Green_Lantern_42-13.jpg

The preview of next weeks JL Dark backstory really irked me. Again they are going to the route of Zatanna's powers failing so that Constantine will look great and competent. It's really frustrating.

And lastly, we have Allura.

Out of all the villains, this is the one whom I hope makes a big come back. She's the closest thing Zatanna has to an arch enemy. Allura is the one who put the curse on John Zatara thus kicking off Zatanna's Search in the first place. She would appear again in DC Super Stars of Magic #11 (1977) where she possessed the body of John Zatara, resulting in a brief father vs daughter battle, before Zee tricks her and captures her in a bottle. Her final battle would be in 1987's Zatanna Special where Allura returns again to mess with Zatanna, this time through various mind tricks.

JLA #52:

Z6-JLA_52-04.jpg

Funnily enough, there were two Allura's during this period; a good one and a bad but this one won't be brought up again.

DC Super-Stars of Magic #11:

dcsuperstars11_25.jpg

Zatanna Special:

zatanna_special1-49.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    You know, She once won the most dateable DC Superheroine along with Nightwing in around 2013 where even she has her fishnet clad leg diminished for some time, Powergirl got a distinctive run under Palmiotti https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/0...0Comics%20fans!

She also won the poll from DC SHG Popularity poll. Kinda suprised as there are big superheroines name like WW, Batgirl and Supergirl. Also votes for Injustice God Among Us as the DLC addition character.

IIRC she won the votes to be member of Satelite Era Justice League back in 80s. Heck she topping the DC gals in Comics Buyer's Guide Presents 100 Sexiest Women in Comics, sitting behind Red Sonja, Vertigo Death and Jean Grey

She is pretty popular but not mainstream yet. Hopefully the movie could breakthrough it
    IMG_20210322_144240.jpg
    My hope for the movie also. Think it could make her DC’s next biggest female hero after WW if it’s good/successful.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    And lastly, we have Allura.

Out of all the villains, this is the one whom I hope makes a big come back. She's the closest thing Zatanna has to an arch enemy. Allura is the one who put the curse on John Zatara thus kicking off Zatanna's Search in the first place. She would appear again in DC Super Stars of Magic #11 (1977) where she possessed the body of John Zatara, resulting in a brief father vs daughter battle, before Zee tricks her and captures her in a bottle. Her final battle would be in 1987's Zatanna Special where Allura returns again to mess with Zatanna, this time through various mind tricks.

JLA #52:

Z6-JLA_52-04.jpg

Funnily enough, there were two Allura's during this period; a good one and a bad but this one won't be brought up again.

DC Super-Stars of Magic #11:

dcsuperstars11_25.jpg

Zatanna Special:

zatanna_special1-49.jpg
    Looks like even with the costume design they’re positioning her as an “Evil Zatanna counterpart”. I could definitely see someone do something with her.

Nice collection of Zatanna villains, John Venus .

Not how I imagined Zee returning to Vegas...

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nice collection of Zatanna villains, John Venus .

Not how I imagined Zee returning to Vegas...
    What happens in Vegas...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    The preview of next weeks JL Dark backstory really irked me. Again they are going to the route of Zatanna's powers failing so that Constantine will look great and competent. It's really frustrating.
    Ram V seems like a good writer. I hope he doesn't go that route. Zatanna's powers failing is exactly what happened in issue 1 of JLD.

But tbh it's really hard to write her without something affecting her magic. If her magic does work then every other character becomes useless.

If her powers were limited to one or two abilities then there would have been no problem. But the way her powers work is really a mess.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 05-16-2021 at 11:24 AM.

Zee needs a style of magic that she can call her own.
    In the old Zatara comics, the writers had him eventually move to using only one kind of magic - animating inanimate objects just like in Beauty and the Beast.

Maybe Zatanna could adapt that style. It'll open up a lot of stories for her IMO.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 05-16-2021 at 11:45 AM.